/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm still hoping my wife will be better

ardianto
10-24-2012, 06:52 AM
:sl:

I'm sorry if I didn't tell it before, I don't know why I always forgot.

My wife is in hospital since last week, 17 October. Doctor decided she need medical treatment in hospital. This morning doctor told me, the cancer that come against move very fast. Now it has attacks her lung and lever.

But I'm still hoping my wife will be better, ... I'm still hoping.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
10-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Wa alaikkum salaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakathuhu...

May ALLAH cure her ......

Snowflake
10-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wb,

Bro, I'm so sorry to hear your wife's health has deteriorated. May Allah, The Lord of the Magnificent Throne have mercy on her and grant her shif'a kamil. Ameen Ya Rabbil aalameen. Subhan Allah I am very sad for you brother and ask Allah to grant you beautiful patience in your trials. Ameen.

Alpha Dude
10-24-2012, 10:05 AM
:sl: May Allah cure her and grant you all patience. Aameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-24-2012, 10:30 AM
لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله- sorry to learn if your wife's relapse akhi - in shaa Allah we should use these days to make du3a for her as well as the Muslim ummah- may Allah swt grant her fast shifaa and free her from any pain.

Amat Allah
10-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

أسأل الله العظيم رب العرش العظيم أن يشفيها و يردها لكم سالمةً معافاة اللهم آمين

MustafaMc
10-24-2012, 11:14 AM
I am sorry to hear of your wife's condition. Insha'Allah, her pain and suffering will be lessened and it will be an expiation for her.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-24-2012, 11:38 AM
From Allaah we come, and to him is our return.

may Allah grant her shifa'

Signor
10-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Aameen TO All Duas Above

May Allah ease you and your family from this pain and suffering,May The Most HIGH gives you stength and endurace to bear every trial of life.Ameen

Waalikum Assalaam

Insaanah
10-24-2012, 06:12 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your wife's cancer has returned. May Allah grant her complete and fast shifaa' and remove all traces of it from everywhere (nothing is beyond our Lord), may He make her treatment effective and with less side effects as possible, may He grant you many more years of happiness together, may what she has suffered so far be a means of expiation for her, and may you all be granted strength and sabr, and reward for your looking after her, ameen thumma ameen.

And ameen to all the above and below du'as that have been made for our sister.

Tomorrow is yowm Arafah, and these are a blessed ten days, inshaa'Allah we'll keep your wife and your family in our du'as.

joyous fairy
10-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Walaykum salam WA rahmatullahi WA barakatuhu.

May Allah SWT grant your wife a full recovery, ameen.

InshaAllah she will be ok.

Scimitar
10-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Assalaam alaikum bro Ardianto,

I'm saddened to hear that your wife got a relapse with cancer.

I pray that Allah grants her shifaa, and eases her pain and affairs of this world. I also pray that Allah grants you sabr and clarity of mind and heart so you are better able to deal with this trial of life and death.

Laa hawla wala kuwwata illahbillah. Wahuwa ala kulli Shay'in kadeer.

Keep strong bro.

Hulk
10-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Wa alaikumsalam,

She will be in my prayers InshaAllah Om Ardianto.. May Allah swt give you and your family strength to go through this trial..

ardianto
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Jazakallahu Khayran,

thank you very much, and ameen for your du'as, brothers, sisters.

Periwinkle18
10-25-2012, 12:00 PM
:(

may Allah cure her n make her happy n healthy again ameen

Snowflake
10-25-2012, 06:59 PM
:sl: Brother Ardianto,

I know this Eid will be mixture of joy and worry for your wife's health, but may Allah make it more joyful than sad. Ameen. Please ask your wife to pray for us all here as well as our less fortunate brothers and sisters around the world, as the dua of the sick is readily accepted.

Eid Mubarak to you both. I hope you both have a lovely day. Please convey my Eid greetings to your wife. Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers insha Allah.

ardianto
10-28-2012, 11:28 AM

Yesterday doctor removed fluid from my wife's lung. And she is better today, Alhamdulillah. It's raise my hope.

Periwinkle18
10-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Alhumdulilah

~Zaria~
10-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

May Allah make this difficult period easy for you, your wife and your family.
And make every hardship that she endures, a means of elevating her status in the Hereafter.
Ameen.

The following duaas can be read when you visit her, insha Allah:

لا بأْسَ طَهـورٌ إِنْ شـاءَ الله

Laa ba'sa tahoorun 'inshaa'Allaah.

Do not worry, it will be a purification (for you) , Allah willing.

Reference: Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani Fathul-Bari 10/118.

أَسْـأَلُ اللهَ العَـظيـم، رَبَّ العَـرْشِ العَـظيـم أَنْ يَشْفـيك .(سبع مرت

As'alullaahal-'Adheema Rabbal-'Arshil-'Adheemi 'an yashfiyaka.

I ask Almighty Allah , Lord of the Magnificent Throne, to make you well. (Recite seven times in Arabic .)

Reference: At-Tirmithi, Abu Dawud. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 2/210 and Sahihul-Jami' As-Saghir 5/180.

As well as surah fathiha.

:wa:

Muhammad
10-28-2012, 04:00 PM
:salamext:

I'm really sorry to hear about this my dear brother ardianto. Apologies as I did not see this thread earlier.

Without doubt you must remain hopeful, for how many times have doctors said something but Allaah (swt)'s Plan was completely different? Everything is in Allaah (swt)'s Power and Control and He is the One who answers and responds to du'a.

Also, I'd like to emphasise to be persistent in reading Qur'an and du'as from the Sunnah over your wife, as these are a means of healing that we have been taught in Islam. Read them with faith and conviction and trust in Allaah (swt).

May Allaah (swt), Lord of the Magnificent Throne, grant complete shifaa' to your wife and leave no trace of illness, may He (swt) cause all of her suffering to be a means of expiation and purification for her sins, may He (swt) give both of you the strength and patience to endure this trial, and may He (swt) bless both of you with many happy years of sincere obedience and worship of Allaah (swt), Aameen!

Please do keep us updated Insha'Allaah.

Wassalaamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

ardianto
10-29-2012, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
for how many times have doctors said something but Allaah (swt)'s Plan was completely different?
Assalamu'alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh, akhee Muhammad

Doctors in my place never said like "his/her life just few weeks left". If what you mean was predicting someone life end. They know, how long someone can live is a secret of Allah (swt). Doctor just said, my wife condition is not good. But they still try to do something to recover my wife's health.

Doctors in my place hold a principle: Allah (swt) determine, but human should attempt.

ardianto
10-29-2012, 08:53 AM
@ sister Zaria

Assalamualaikum,

Insha Alah, I will read these du'a. I sleep in hospital every night.

ardianto
10-31-2012, 12:12 PM
My wife still in hospital. She need take a rest and need eating more before doctor can do further medical treatment. But her condition is still stable.

Periwinkle18
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM
alhumdulillah glad to hear that, shes in our duas akhi may Allah give her shifa ameen i hope she eats.

Samiun
10-31-2012, 01:58 PM
:sl: May Allah grant uncle's wife speedy recovery Inshallah!

ardianto
11-01-2012, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
alhumdulillah glad to hear that, shes in our duas akhi may Allah give her shifa ameen i hope she eats.
Ameen for your dua, sis. Alhamdulillah, today she she start to eat more. Me and everyone told her, if she want to back to the home soon, she need to eat more.

format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: May Allah grant uncle's wife speedy recovery Inshallah!
Wa'alaikumsalam.

Jazakallahu Khayr, thanks for your dua, nephew. :)

ardianto
11-02-2012, 10:27 AM
My wife condition looks a little better today. Alhamdulillah. I hope she will be better tomorrow.

ardianto
11-05-2012, 03:59 AM
My wife condition now is strong enough to continue her regular medical treatment.

Signor
11-05-2012, 04:33 AM
Alhamdulillah.Glad to Know finally our Sister has recovered.Bro,I always find you a strong man and with HIS grace you came out of this trial again.I need to learn this..hmm

Woodrow
11-05-2012, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
My wife condition now is strong enough to continue her regular medical treatment.
wa alaikum Salaam wa ramatullahi wa Baraktuhu Ahki,

I am saddened to hear of your wire's illness, may Allaah(swt) grant her shi'ifa and you strength and Sabr during this trial. We can never understand why we face these hardships, yet we must always hold onto faith that out of all hardships a great blessing will come.

Your words in this thread have reminded me of how small my hardships are. Jazakalluhu Khayran ahki for for helping me focus beyond myself.

May allaah(swt) lift this burden from you and grant you and your wife many more fruitful years.

ardianto
11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow
Alhamdulillah.Glad to Know finally our Sister has recovered.Bro,I always find you a strong man and with HIS grace you came out of this trial again.I need to learn this..hmm
Jazak Allahu Khayr, bro.

I learned much from this too. :)

ardianto
11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
wa alaikum Salaam wa ramatullahi wa Baraktuhu Ahki,

I am saddened to hear of your wire's illness, may Allaah(swt) grant her shi'ifa and you strength and Sabr during this trial. We can never understand why we face these hardships, yet we must always hold onto faith that out of all hardships a great blessing will come.

Your words in this thread have reminded me of how small my hardships are. Jazakalluhu Khayran ahki for for helping me focus beyond myself.

May allaah(swt) lift this burden from you and grant you and your wife many more fruitful years.
Assalamu' alaikum Wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuh, uncle.

I'm never questioning why my wife get a disease like this. I believe, with Allah (swt) will, everything can be happen. I just wish, Allah (swt) always gives me strength and patience to face every hardship that happen to my family.

Jazak Allahu Khayr, uncle. May Allah (swt) always give good health to you and auntie Aabidah.

Riana17
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Brother Ardianto,

I am so sad to hear this. Inshallah everything will be alright.

I will be in labour anyday now inshallah and I will remember to make Duaa for her on my labor day.

May Allah cure her, give you patience and bless you with peace, happiness & all your family.

ardianto
11-07-2012, 01:53 PM
My wife has returned home, Alhamdulillah.

جوري
11-07-2012, 02:05 PM
الحمد لله - how's she? Keeping good morale enhances recovery and the immune system!
In shaa Allah she continues to get better!

:w:

ardianto
11-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I cannot say my wife is in good condition, just better. She still need to continue her medical treatment to eliminate her cancer.

How she is now?. She cannot walk due to cancer that attacked her backbone. It made her so sad, but I'm still trying to comfort her. I don't know what will happen to her, although I'm always hoping she can recover from her illness, and she can walk again. Just one thing that I know, whatever happen to her, I will always love her.

جوري
11-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Your post has upset and made me sad - I'll keep you both in my du3a in shaa Allah- الحمد لله - you're a good husband to your wife may Allah swt raise your ranks and remove all afflictions!

ardianto
11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Ameen for your du'a, my sister.

Signor
11-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Just one thing that I know, whatever happen to her, I will always love her.
This is very sweet of you.May your love grows untill you both meet again in Jannah,Ameen

Just tell me where from you get this strength from:p?Subhan Allah

ardianto
11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow

This is very sweet of you.May your love grows untill you both meet again in Jannah,Ameen
Ameen.

(Sorry for late reply)

Just tell me where from you get this strength from:p?Subhan Allah
Which strength?. Strength in facing this trial?. I get it from people like you, who always support me and my wife. :)

Alhamdulillah, I got (and still get) many supports from people around me, both in the real world, and in this forum too. It raise my strength.

Or maybe you asked me why I always love my wife? It's because she is my wife.

Okay, I will explain later, Insha Allah.

Muhaba
11-09-2012, 04:47 PM
May ALlah cure her and ease her pain. ameen.

Endymion
11-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Or maybe you asked me why I always love my wife? It's because she is my wife.
Mashallah,good to know :) Noble people always love their OWN wives :)

Inshallah Allah SWT will bless this amazing couple long life and you both will be able to see and enjoy thousands of happy moments with each other.Ameen Ya Rabbul Aalameen.

Haya emaan
11-10-2012, 05:40 PM
may Allah SWT gives your wife shifa e kamila o ajeela brother and may He gives you strength and sabr to face this trial. ameen

ardianto
11-11-2012, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
May ALlah cure her and ease her pain. ameen.
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
may Allah SWT gives your wife shifa e kamila o ajeela brother and may He gives you strength and sabr to face this trial. ameen
Ameen for your du'a, my sisters.

:)

ardianto
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

Mashallah,good to know :) Noble people always love their OWN wives :)
Sis, if I love someone else wife, her husband would be angry. :D

Do not worry, I will not fall in love with another man's wife or another woman. I'm not the kind of a guy who easily attracted when see an attractive woman then try to get her.

My criteria of expected wife was simple. First, she can accept me and can love me. Secondly, I do not mind to be her husband. For me, physical beauty is not the main thing. And I didn't have type of favorite woman.

I was not looking for a woman who can be a 'maid' for me, I was not looking for a 'pretty doll' who can be a 'toy' for me. What I was looking for, just someone who can be a best friend in my life, in happiness, and in sadness.

Alhamdulillah, I grew up in an environment where harmony between husband and wife is something that is greatly appreciated. A husband and a wife, it would be greatly appreciated if they could always faithful in love, and in grief.

And I also grew up with many stories of true love. Not just read or heard, but I also saw the true love stories. I saw people who still love their partners even though their partner disability due to an accident. Those true love story were so impressive me.

Ever since I was little, the people around me have taught me about the sacred values ​​of a marriage. And when I grow into young adults, they began to teach me about building a happy family.

This is what motivates me to a dream, love and be loved. I've promised myself, if I have a wife, I would love her with a true love. If I have kids, I would always love my kids with a true love too. I had intention to love my wife, even before I had an idea with who I'm going married, even before I started to looking for someone.

This is why I said, I love my wife because she is my wife. Loving my wife is my promise since long time ago.

Inshallah Allah SWT will bless this amazing couple long life and you both will be able to see and enjoy thousands of happy moments with each other.Ameen Ya Rabbul Aalameen.
Ameen.

جوري
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
My mom's friend who had cancer under remission took a turn for the worse, she saw her today in the laundry room and she was so weak and covered up from the chemo.. her husband died of cancer about four years ago and she has one grown son who is a doctor but lives in another state... I made du3a for both your wife and her today may Allah swt grant them both fast shifaa and all the other Muslims ameen ya rabb.. It just breaks a person's heart to see a woman go through this all by herself. I am glad your wife has you, don't underestimate her recovery just by having you at her side..

Periwinkle18
11-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Alhumdulilah glad to hear tht she's back home may Allah give her a speedy recovery n inshaAllah tell her not to worry just make dua she'll start walking again.

Remember zakaria (as) he made a dua even though he knew it was impossible Buh he trusted Allah and Allah gave him what he wanted so tell her not to lose hope I'll pray for her :) may Allah bless u Akhi n grant both of u jannah Ul firdos Ameen :)

ardianto
11-12-2012, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
My mom's friend who had cancer under remission took a turn for the worse, she saw her today in the laundry room and she was so weak and covered up from the chemo.. her husband died of cancer about four years ago and she has one grown son who is a doctor but lives in another state... I made du3a for both your wife and her today may Allah swt grant them both fast shifaa and all the other Muslims ameen ya rabb.. It just breaks a person's heart to see a woman go through this all by herself. I am glad your wife has you, don't underestimate her recovery just by having you at her side..

t's must be hard for her. Her husband had passed away because cancer, and now she is suffer cancer too. May Allah grant her shifa and speed recovery. I will make du'a for everyone who suffer illness.

Yes I know what's the meaning of love and support for those who are in illness. Alhamdulillah, Allah gives me strength to always love my wife. And luckily, I work at home. I run a business which its office is in a room in my house. So, I can always be together with my wife.

Jazakillahu Khayr for your du'a. :)

ardianto
11-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Alhumdulilah glad to hear tht she's back home may Allah give her a speedy recovery n inshaAllah tell her not to worry just make dua she'll start walking again.

Remember zakaria (as) he made a dua even though he knew it was impossible Buh he trusted Allah and Allah gave him what he wanted so tell her not to lose hope I'll pray for her :) may Allah bless u Akhi n grant both of u jannah Ul firdos Ameen :)
Ameen.And Jazakillahu Khayr for your du'a, my sister.

My wife is so sad because now she cannot walk. But Insha Allah, I will always make du'a wish Allah make her can walk again, and I will always give her spirit and love. :)

Periwinkle18
11-12-2012, 01:16 PM
:) aww tell her not to b sad inshaAllah she will walk again inshaAllah

ardianto
11-15-2012, 06:45 AM
My wife is in hospital again, but she is okay. Yesterday she got chemotherapy and she must stay because she need more infusion. I will bring her back to the home this afternoon.

Scimitar
11-15-2012, 08:04 AM
ذه ب الباس رب# ا لناس واشف انت ا لشاف ي ل ش فاء ا ل ش فائك ش فاء ل ي غاد ر سقما

Azhibil ba'sa rabban naas washfi. Antash shaafee. Laa shifaa-a illaa shifaa uk. Shifaa-al laa yughaa diru saqamaa

: O Allah, Lord and Sustainer of mankind, remove his difficulty and cure him. You are the only One who cures. There is no cure but Yours. Grant such (complete) cure that leaves no trace of illness.

Ameen.

Periwinkle18
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Arabic isn't clear Akhi but it's a really good dua :)

ardianto
11-22-2012, 03:35 AM

This is "serabi", a traditional food made from rice flour (or wheat flour), served with sauce that made from palm sugar and coconut milk.

My wife told me that she want serabi, before I asked her what she want to eat. So, I bought serabi in the morning, and I felt happy when I saw she ate those serabi with pleasure.

May Allah give her speed recovery.

Periwinkle18
11-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Aww that's so sweet may Allah give her shifa Ameen

ardianto
11-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Aww that's so sweet
Serabi sauce contains palm sugar. So sweet, of course.

Just kidding. :)

Jazakillahu khayr, for your dua, sister.

ardianto
11-24-2012, 08:57 AM
My wife is in hospital again.

Like I've said, she has a problem with fluid in her lung. Doctor had given her medicine to drain that lung fluid, but need time to drain it. So, I provide oxygen tanks in our home (2 tanks) that she can use when she feel hard to breath normally.

Thursday afternoon, my wife said she was breathing tightness. Friday morning she said, her breathing really congested without oxygen from the tank. So, after salah Jum'ah I brought her to hospital.

Doctor checked her with rontgen and USG, and this noon they removed fluid from her lung again. For the time being, she can breath normally again.

Please remember my wife in your du'a.

جوري
11-24-2012, 10:51 AM
لا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله this is upsetting to hear it must be a frightening experience for her may Allah swt grant her shifa and remission of this horrible disease :(

Muhammad
11-24-2012, 01:20 PM
:salamext: brother ardianto,

Jazakallahu khayran for these updates regarding your wife's condition. I will remember to make du'a for her especially during these sacred days of Muharram. May Allaah (swt) grant her a complete shifaa, leaving no trace of illness, may He (swt) expiate her sins for every suffering, and may He (swt) grant both of you strength and patience and keep you steadfast during this trial, Aameen!

Periwinkle18
11-24-2012, 02:28 PM
:( may Allah grant her a speedy recovery shes in my duas.

Signor
11-24-2012, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
May Allaah (swt) grant her a complete shifaa, leaving no trace of illness, may He (swt) expiate her sins for every suffering, and may He (swt) grant both of you strength and patience and keep you steadfast during this trial, Aameen!
Aameen,Thumm Aameen

Seriously,Its feeling real bad but perhaps Allah tests more those whom HE loves.Never loose heart my dear brother :)

~Zaria~
11-24-2012, 06:18 PM

Like I've said, she has a problem with fluid in her lung. Doctor had given her medicine to drain that lung fluid, but need time to drain it. So, I provide oxygen tanks in our home (2 tanks) that she can use when she feel hard to breath normally.

Thursday afternoon, my wife said she was breathing tightness. Friday morning she said, her breathing really congested without oxygen from the tank. So, after salah Jum'ah I brought her to hospital.

Doctor checked her with rontgen and USG, and this noon they removed fluid from her lung again. For the time being, she can breath normally again.

Please remember my wife in your du'a.

Assalamu-alaikum akhee,

Im really sorry to hear this.
I pray that Allah lightens her load and grants her (and yourself) the strength to bear this trial with patience.
Ameen.

You had mentioned in a previous post that she is receiving chemotherapy - so I assume that she is currently under the care of an oncology team.

Perhaps you can ask her doctor whether she would benefit from a procedure called 'pleurodesis' - which involves a chest drain being inserted, and a substance (usually Bleomycin) is injected (via the drain) into the space between the lung and the chest wall.

Insha Allah, this would ensure that the fluid does not re-accumalate - so that she would not need repeat lung drainage, and it may help with her shortness of breathe as well.

(If you wish to read more about this procedure, before asking her doctor - you can refer here: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/canc...esis-treatment)

Allah (subhanawataála) is the closest, to all His servants who are afflicted by disease.
So, dont lose hope in His mercy.
Let this affliction be the means of you both drawing ever close to Allah......for this is all that He desires when He tests the ummah of Nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).

Our duaas are with you and your wife during this difficult time.

ardianto
11-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Jazak Allahu Khayran, for your duas, my brothers and my sisters.

ardianto
11-25-2012, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum akhee,

Im really sorry to hear this.
I pray that Allah lightens her load and grants her (and yourself) the strength to bear this trial with patience.
Ameen.

You had mentioned in a previous post that she is receiving chemotherapy - so I assume that she is currently under the care of an oncology team.

Perhaps you can ask her doctor whether she would benefit from a procedure called 'pleurodesis' - which involves a chest drain being inserted, and a substance (usually Bleomycin) is injected (via the drain) into the space between the lung and the chest wall.

Insha Allah, this would ensure that the fluid does not re-accumalate - so that she would not need repeat lung drainage, and it may help with her shortness of breathe as well.

(If you wish to read more about this procedure, before asking her doctor - you can refer here: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/canc...esis-treatment)

Allah (subhanawataála) is the closest, to all His servants who are afflicted by disease.
So, dont lose hope in His mercy.
Let this affliction be the means of you both drawing ever close to Allah......for this is all that He desires when He tests the ummah of Nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).

Our duaas are with you and your wife during this difficult time.

Assalamu'alaikum, ukhti.

And Jazakillahu khayr for your information. Insha Allah I will talk about it to doctor, and also to my sister in-law (my wife older sister). She was a nurse in govt hospital before she's retired. I get many help from her in take care my wife.

ardianto
11-26-2012, 04:54 AM
I wrote my previous post when I back to my home. I've planned to talk about "pleurodesis" with the doctor after I back to the hospital. But I didn't need to talk about it, because one doctor already told my wife about this method.

However, the doctor who takecare my wife since the beginning decide to not use this method due to my wife condition. My wife still in chemotherapy process.

ardianto
11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
My wife got two chemotherapy, one was yesterday, one was this morning. She still need rest before can return to the home.

Periwinkle18
11-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Chemo is horrible , may Allah ease her pain n giver her shifa Ameen

ardianto
11-29-2012, 09:04 AM
VeChemo is horrible , may Allah ease her pain n giver her shots Ameen
'Usual' medicine is like kill the disease with riffle. If the shot was accurate, the disease would be killed. Chemotherapy is like kill the disease with bomb. Although it kill the disease, the 'explosion' can affect the surrounding.

The common side effect of chemotherapy is lossing hair. Yes, it's happen to my wife. But it's okay, her hair can grow again, Insha Allah, and like I've said, whatever happen to my wife, I will always love her.

Periwinkle18
11-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I know :( my mum used to get chemo, she lost her hair n her nails went black too n she used to throw up so much was horrible.

Awwww thts v sweet inshaAllah she's going to get better inshaAllah.

ardianto
11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
I know :( my mum used to get chemo, she lost her hair n her nails went black too n she used to throw up so much was horrible.
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Yes, that's effect of chemotherapy. But how is she now?. I hope she is okay.

ardianto
11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
I will go to hospital to pick up my wife. She can back to the home now.

Periwinkle18
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Yes, that's effect of chemotherapy. But how is she now?. I hope she is okay.
Something strange happened with my mum after the first chemo the the thing disappeared Buh still mum got all her chemo done as well as radiation Alhumdulilah she's okay now. Happened in 2003 I think sometime in April or May.

ardianto
11-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Something strange happened with my mum after the first chemo the the thing disappeared Buh still mum got all her chemo done as well as radiation Alhumdulilah she's okay now. Happened in 2003 I think sometime in April or May.
2003 ..... that's 9 years ago.

I'm glad to hear your mother now is okay. Alhamdulillah.

Periwinkle18
11-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Alhumdulilah n inshaAllah ur wife is gng to b okay too inshaAllah dun worry just keep praying

Signor
12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

May this post finds you in the best of health and eeman.How is your wife brother ardianto?

Periwinkle18
12-19-2012, 07:36 AM
^ was going to ask the same was thinking abt her

ardianto
12-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Although very very slowly, my wife condition is going better. Her lung still produce fluid but not so much again. Two days ago she went to hospital to drain her lung fluid. And she is not often feel pain on her legs again like before. And the most important, her mental is going stronger, she is not often sad again, and often smile now.

I know I cannot expect fast recovery, but at least slow progress is better than no progress. I hope this slow progress will always continue. I've promised her, when she has strong enough I will bring to visit park and other beautiful places. I hope I can fulfill this promise soon.

~Zaria~
12-20-2012, 09:47 AM
^ Insha Allah brother.

Alhamdulillah, Im happy to hear this.

Allah (subhanawataála) love His slaves who continue to perservere and never lose hope in Him, despite all odds.

I thought you may like this thread insha Allah: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...l-majzoub.html

ardianto
12-20-2012, 10:38 AM

I logged out because my wife wanted to eat, .... in the afternoon. She ate gudeg, Javanese traditional food, that sent by her sister, and mango from my aunt.

Periwinkle18
12-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Alhumdulilah :)

Aww thts so sweet m glad she's getting better n is smiling. Tell her to keep smiling its sunnah :)

M sure she's gng to love it Wen u take her to the park. May Allah give her a speedy recovery ameen

ardianto
12-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Alhumdulilah :)

Aww thts so sweet m glad she's getting better n is smiling. Tell her to keep smiling its sunnah :)

M sure she's gng to love it Wen u take her to the park. May Allah give her a speedy recovery ameen
She laugh when our youngest kid look scary and asked her "mom, will tomorrow apocalypse?", and she said "that is Mayan's apocalypse. If you are not Mayan, you don't need to be afraid"

Jazakillah Khayr for your du'a, sis. :)

Signor
12-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Jazakallahu Khayran For Update Bro Ardianto

Alhamdulillah,Good to hear your wife is now on a road to recovery.Make her smile as often as you can,its Sadqa-e-Jaria.Hope you will soon find yourself sitting with your wife on a park bench,Insha Allah

Assalamu Alaikum

ardianto
01-07-2013, 05:06 PM
I went shopping with my kids and ..... my wife. :)

We visited a supermarket near our home. My wife used wheelchair.

I don't know, it was accidentally or Allah wanted to show us something. When me and my wife wait for my son who queue in cashier, a young man with disability passed on his wheelchair. He looked and smile at me and my wife. We smile at him too. I noticed his face and I saw although he is a man with disability, he still look happy in his life.

Signor
01-07-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't know, it was accidentally or Allah wanted to show us something. When me and my wife wait for my son who queue in cashier, a young man with disability passed on his wheelchair. He looked and smile at me and my wife. We smile at him too. I noticed his face and I saw although he is a man with disability, he still look happy in his life.
A Gift from Allah

Surely,there are signs for those who reflect on them.

Periwinkle18
01-14-2013, 07:21 PM
assalam o alikum

akhi how's your wife now? I hope she's getting better :)

ardianto
01-15-2013, 07:40 AM
assalam o alikum

akhi how's your wife now? I hope she's getting better :)
Wa'alaikumsalam, ukhti

Alhamdulillah, like I've said, my wife could go to supermarket, and she can breathe normally now, without oxygen tube again.

Periwinkle18
01-15-2013, 07:44 AM
yay Alhumdulilah she's getting better :)

Innocent Soul
05-17-2013, 12:07 PM
How is your wife now :?

Inshallah I'll keep praying for your family.

ardianto
05-17-2013, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
How is your wife now :?

Inshallah I'll keep praying for your family.
To be honest, I was worried that I would be regarded as a husband who less able to take care of my wife when I told my wife condition. But maybe this is excessive worry.

Frankly, my wife's condition is not good. There is no longer any significant progress since the last time I wrote in this thread. She still can not walk. Well indeed, when in the hospital, the doctor has said that my wife's bone condition is very severe, and they could not do anything. I told the doctor that I could accept this situation. I did not expect much, I just want my wife to stay with me.

Her health condition sometimes up, sometimes down. Sometimes she could sit a long time, even long enough for a short trip to a nearby place. Sometimes her health declined to have a lot of lying on the bed. A few days back was failing. But Alhamdulillah, now improved again. Yeah, after I told her that she must healthy enough, so we can go shopping again.

Jazakillah Khayr, for your du'a, sister. I hope I always able to take care my wife and encourage her to never give up.

Innocent Soul
05-18-2013, 01:36 PM
May Allah make you stronger to pass through this world with Allah's help and grant you your reward in the hereafter.
Ameen

Verily he is all seeing and just.

Periwinkle18
05-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Uncle ardianto made dua for ur wife today :)

I hope she gets better soon may Allah give her Shifa ameen

Hulk
05-18-2013, 06:23 PM
May Allah guide you and your wife through this trial and may it be a form of purification for both of you..

ardianto
05-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Jazaakumullah khairan, and ameen for your du'a, bro, sis.

Yah, my wife condition is always make me sad, but I try to not sad. I want to always have a hope and optimism in my heart. So I can make her has a hope and optimist too.

Today my wife friend visited us, with her 4 children. Yesterday, two teachers from my youngest son school. Alhamdulillah, we often get visits. And it makes us feel stronger.

ardianto
05-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Today my wife wanted to eat sate padang as her dinner. So I bought sate padang and brought it to our home. She look enjoy her dinner. I felt happy when I saw it, but also sad. I miss the beautiful moments when we dinner out with our kids. That's the beautiful moment when I always felt happiness as a husband and as a daddy.

I wish I will have these beautiful moments again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sate_Padang

Amat Allah
05-22-2013, 04:01 PM
May Allah ease everything for you both and for the whole Ummah Ameeeen

they are hard such moments my respected brother for both of you but be happy cause I am so sure that your wife is too lucky having such amazing husband as you are (may Allah bless you both Aameeen); now after Allah you are her strength and happiness too...never let the smile fade away from your face and always be sure that Allah The Most Merciful Is with you so, don't be sad...and after every hardship there is an ease and Allah repeated this verse twice ...

Be strong and I am sure that you are In Shaa Allah...

ardianto
05-23-2013, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
May Allah ease everything for you both and for the whole Ummah Ameeeen

they are hard such moments my respected brother for both of you but be happy cause I am so sure that your wife is too lucky having such amazing husband as you are (may Allah bless you both Aameeen); now after Allah you are her strength and happiness too...never let the smile fade away from your face and always be sure that Allah The Most Merciful Is with you so, don't be sad...and after every hardship there is an ease and Allah repeated this verse twice ...

Be strong and I am sure that you are In Shaa Allah...
Ameen and Jazakillah Khayr for your du'a, my noble sister.

As a human being, of course I could be tired or annoyed about something. And it makes me sometimes forget to smile at my wife. But today I try to keep smiling. Alhamdulillah, I noticed a change in my wife, she appears to be more robust. In Shaa Allah, I will continue to try to smile.

ardianto
05-23-2013, 04:09 PM
When I learned Qur'an in my childhood, my ustadz told me a story.

A Man came to Rasulullah Shalallahu Alayhi Wasalam and asked him.
"Yaa Rasulullah, who is the first person I must honor?"
"Your mother" Rasulullah Shalallahu Alayhi Wasalam replied
"The second?"
"Your mother"
"The third?"
"Your mother"
"The fourth?"
"Your father"

Then my ustadz told me why Rasulullah Shalallahu Alayhi Wasalam gave special position for the mothers, and why I must honor my mother.

My wife is not my mother. But, ... she is the mother of my children.

I still remember when she was pregnant and always trying to keep her pregnancy and her health. I still remember her struggle to give birth my children, I was with her at that time. I saw her breastfeeding my children and treat them with love.

That's what made me love her more.

Periwinkle18
05-23-2013, 04:14 PM
^ may Allah keep u happy always uncle ardianto and may He give Shifa to aunty lnna (love her name) n make her happy and healthy again Ameen

Amat Allah
05-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Wa Iyakum Aameeen

You are a mass of feelings and emotions my respected brother and none has the right ever to stop ya from expressing your feelings...whenever you are sad try to find a place where none can be there but Allah then you . make ablution then pray its Sunnah (2 Rakat) and let all of your sadness get out while praying to Allah in your Sujood...cry if you want and ask Allah for the relief...He Is listening and The Only One Who knows what you are going through and how exactly you are feeling... tell Him everything let all your sorrow out for The One Who really tame and bring happiness to your burdened heart...I assure ya after that you will feel so light and refreshed and Allah will give you so much of strength and life to bear whatever In shaa.

Your wife loves you as i believe and she is trying to bear and be strong to not worry you...

I Ask Allah with all of His Names and Attributes; The Known to all of His creatures dead and alive and with The Ones which unknown but to Him and beg Him The Lord of Al Aaalameen with His Greatest Name which if one of His slaves would ask Him for anything by it then He answers, accept and grant him/her need to love you , Be with you always and Be pleased with you with a pleasure which there is no wrath after it in both dunya and Akhirah and May The One Who united you in this dunya; unite you both with your kids and all those whom you love in Al Firdaws Al Aalaa without any reckoning nor previous punishment; entering Al Jannah from all its 8 doors with the first group entering it Ya Rabb and May He The Most Merciful The Exalted The Most Generous build houses for you close to Him; seeing His Al Mighty Face all the time ; covered with all of His blessings and grace; gathered with all Anbiyaa and Saaliheen Yaaa Rabbb...

Anilhamdulilaahi Rabbi Ilaalameen wa assalaatu wa assalam alaa khaatam Al Anbiyaa wa Al Mursaleen Muhammad Bin Abdillahi wa Aalihi wa Sahbihi wa man Ettabahu be'ehsaanin Elaa Yawmuddeen

Allahuma Aameeeeeeeeeeeeeen

You are strong by Allah and after Him In Shaa Allah we won't forget a dear and precious son of our beloved Ummah In Shaa Allah...your worries, sadness, happiness and whatever are ours...we are all one body In Shaa Allah...You are not alone In Shaa Allah...even the angels (peace be upon them) make duaa for the believers (read Surat Ghaafir and it has the proof).

some supplications you may want to know In Shaa Allah:

In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:

لا إلَهَ إلاَّ اللَّهُ الْعَظـيمُ الْحَلِـيمْ، لا إلَهَ إلاَّ اللَّهُ رَبُّ العَـرْشِ العَظِيـمِ، لا إلَهَ إلاَّ اللَّهُ رَبُّ السَّمَـوّاتِ ورّبُّ الأَرْضِ ورَبُّ العَرْشِ الكَـريم

“La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem”

“There is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.” (Al-Bukhari 8/154, Muslim 4/2092, )

It was reported from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when something upset him:

“Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth (O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help).”

It was reported that Asmaa’ bint ‘Umays (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me:

“Shall I not teach you some words to say when you feel distressed?

اللهُ اللهُ رَبِّ لا أُشْـرِكُ بِهِ شَيْـئاً

‘Allaah, Allaah, Rabbee laa ushriku bihi shay’an’

Allaah, Allaah, my Lord, I do not associate anything with Him (Abu Dawud 2/87. See also Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Majah 2/335.)

It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

للّهُـمَّ إِنِّي عَبْـدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْـدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِـكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَـدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُـكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّـيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أِوْ أَنْزَلْتَـهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْـتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِـكَ أَوِ اسْتَـأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْـبِ عِنْـدَكَ أَنْ تَجْـعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيـعَ قَلْبِـي، وَنورَ صَـدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُـزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّـي

‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi’

“O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”

but Allah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” (Ahmad 1/391)

forgive me for the long post and May Allah Be with you always and forever and the Whole Ummah too Aameeen

ardianto
05-24-2013, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
forgive me for the long post and May Allah Be with you always and forever and the Whole Ummah too Aameeen
Forgive for what?. Your post is very beneficial and I must thank you very much

Alhamdulillah, There's always people who love me and my wife. They give us many support that make us stronger to face this trial.

In Shaa Allah, I will recite the du'as you have given.

May Allah reward you, my respected sister.

ardianto
06-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Currently my wife physical condition does not yet show significant progress. And what I'm doing now is trying to recover her mental condition which is very unstable. Sometime she is eager to be healthy again, sometime she ask me to let her 'go'.

I hope if her mental is more stable she will have stronger motivation to be heal.

~Zaria~
06-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Currently my wife physical condition does not yet show significant progress. And what I'm doing now is trying to recover her mental condition which is very unstable. Sometime she is eager to be healthy again, sometime she ask me to let her 'go'.

I hope if her mental is more stable she will have stronger motivation to be heal.

:salam: dear brother,

I am saddened to hear this...

I just wanted to let you know that sometimes, when people face very great trials/ losses, they may go through different phases of grieving/ sadness. Ultimately, the best state to be in, is one of 'acceptance' of the problem that is being faced.

I sense that perhaps, your wife has reached this state of acceptance with regards to her diagnosis and her current condition - and for this reason, she may sometimes ask to 'let her go'.
However, she also desires to be with you and her kids, and so she is also trying hard to be strong as well.

Akhi, I think the most important aspect to her care at the moment, is to keep her as comfortable and pain-free (if she is experiencing any pain) as possible.
Patients who are suffering any type of cancer, also get very tired easily.
So, I think it may be best to take your cues from her - if she feels like lying in bed the whole day, then this is ok for her. If she feels like going out just for a few minutes, this is ok as well.
Let her take it as easy as she can manage....

And whenever you are together, then bring her focus upon Allah (subhanawataála) and how close He is to the one who is suffering any illness.

You and sister Inna are in the prayers of your IB family, in shaa Allah.

May Allah (subhanawataála) lighten your load and may He make this trial the means for you and your family to enter Jannatul-firdaus together, hand-in-hand.
Ameen

:wasalam:

Periwinkle18
06-01-2013, 06:27 PM

Assalam o alikum

Uncle went u go to meet aunty lnna play the Quran the recitation of Quran just melts the heart InshaAllah it'll make her feel better.

I hope she gets well soon may Allah give her a speedy recovery ameen

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Asslamu Aliakum

Laughing is the cure.

~Zaria~
06-02-2013, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
Asslamu Aliakum

Laughing is the cure.

:wasalam: brother,

I think this has been mentioned previously to you - that if you are unable to empathize with a persons serious condition and the difficulties that he/ she is experiencing, then it is not appropiate, nor is it of the manners of a muslim to joke or make light of ones burden.

There is a time and place for the above type of response.

But when someone is going through cancer (whether it is in advanced stages or not), then making such statements are actually inconsiderate and shows that you do not really care about what he/ she is going through.

I am asking you kindly to refrain from this.

From reading your other posts, I realize that you have a very light-hearted personality.

While this is good, there needs to be moderation as well.

The prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) once said, "If you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little." (Bukhari)

May we always be able to put the feelings and needs of others before our own, and desire for each other that which we desire for ourselves.
And may we never forget the life that awaits us in the Hereafter.
Ameen

Periwinkle18
06-02-2013, 07:24 AM
^sis i think he means making someone laugh can help... at times it does help someone who's sick or down buh ur right one shouldnt laugh too much.

~Zaria~
06-02-2013, 08:23 AM
^ :jz: sis :),

I think if I, or my family member was facing a serious illness, such as cancer (or any other) - and somebody told me to laugh as a cure, then I would feel that this person really does not understand what I/ my loved one is going through.

Indeed, I dont think one should be telling any patient who may be weak/ in pain - to laugh :/ (Can you imagine saying that in a hospital or in a cancer facility? :/ )

However, you are correct in saying that we can try to make the person feel better by trying to be positive in our spirits when we are around them.
(I dont think was implied though).

:jz: ukthi

Periwinkle18
06-02-2013, 08:31 AM
I remember once my cousin was really sick n was in the hospital n we used to go n visit her we used to talk n crack jokes n she used to love it n laughed so much.She was really sick you would talk to her n while ur talking she would doze off n then suddenly wake up n say u guys r boring u don't say anything at all n she used to make us laugh if we sat quietly. So some ppl just like it if u make them laugh it makes them feel better thats the reason y I said that it reminded me of my cousin...

Periwinkle18
06-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Lol ur not suppose to tell the patient to laugh u just have to talk abt something that would make them laugh themselves. Sometimes a patient just wants someone to be with them and talk to them :)

~Zaria~
06-02-2013, 08:44 AM
^ Lol ukthi :)

I understand where you are coming from.

It is sunnah to smile :)......but everything in moderation.....

Also, brother ardiantos last post speaks of his wife asking him 'to let her go' at times.
So, from this point of view, I think perhaps theres a time and place for jokes.
Also, people respond differently.

e.g. I am generally quite light hearted around people.
But it would seem inappropriate to be telling jokes at some point - esp. when the person may not be in the mood/ feeling unwell (as sister Inna appears at to be at present).

Shukran for bringing to light an important concept though.
MashaAllah.

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 11:03 AM
:wasalam: brother,

I think this has been mentioned previously to you - that if you are unable to empathize with a persons serious condition and the difficulties that he/ she is experiencing, then it is not appropiate, nor is it of the manners of a muslim to joke or make light of ones burden.

Ah I'm just saying what I would do if I was in that situation. Laughing does help. It makes people feel better. Not joking or whatever you interpreted my posts to be.

There is always the report button if you find some posts offensive instead of confronting members and derailing the topic! :/

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 11:05 AM
I remember once my cousin was really sick n was in the hospital n we used to go n visit her we used to talk n crack jokes n she used to love it n laughed so much.She was really sick you would talk to her n while ur talking she would doze off n then suddenly wake up n say u guys r boring u don't say anything at all n she used to make us laugh if we sat quietly. So some ppl just like it if u make them laugh it makes them feel better thats the reason y I said that it reminded me of my cousin...
SEE! Laughing does help. =)

ardianto
06-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Assalam o alikum

Uncle went u go to meet aunty lnna play the Quran the recitation of Quran just melts the heart InshaAllah it'll make her feel better.I hope she gets well soon may Allah give her a speedy recovery ameen
Wa'alaikumsalam, niece

Last week aunty Inna was angry because I refused her request to recite surah Yaseen. My ignorance made me afraid to recite surah Yaseen.

I live in a place where many Muslims perform tradition of reciting surah Yaseen for dead person, and it cause image of surah Yaseen as surah for dead person. So, when aunty Inna told me to recite surah Yaseen for her, I refused it because I was afraid that's a sign that she would leave me. I offered her other surah but she still wanted to hear surah Yaseen. Then I told her that surah Yaseen usually recited for dead person and she began to angry "who said surah Yaseen only for dead person..?!!".

Finally I recited surah Yaseen. Alhamdulillah, it made her quiet and then slept.

Yes, that's my ignorance as a lay Muslim. Now, In Shaa Allah I will more often recite Qur'an for her.

ardianto
06-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Asslamu Aliakum

Laughing is the cure.
Wa'alaikumsalam

My wife has lost her desire to laugh, but I still try to create happy atmosphere for her with smile and laugh.

I understand what you meant, bro :)

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

My wife has lost her desire to laugh, but I still try to create happy atmosphere for her with smile and laugh.

I understand what you meant, bro :)

Make the room colourful. Add flowers, chocolate, vases and stuff like that. I'm no expert but I think it is best to act as though nothing bad happened.

ardianto
06-02-2013, 04:39 PM
:salam: dear brother,

I am saddened to hear this...

I just wanted to let you know that sometimes, when people face very great trials/ losses, they may go through different phases of grieving/ sadness. Ultimately, the best state to be in, is one of 'acceptance' of the problem that is being faced.

I sense that perhaps, your wife has reached this state of acceptance with regards to her diagnosis and her current condition - and for this reason, she may sometimes ask to 'let her go'.
However, she also desires to be with you and her kids, and so she is also trying hard to be strong as well.

Akhi, I think the most important aspect to her care at the moment, is to keep her as comfortable and pain-free (if she is experiencing any pain) as possible.
Patients who are suffering any type of cancer, also get very tired easily.
So, I think it may be best to take your cues from her - if she feels like lying in bed the whole day, then this is ok for her. If she feels like going out just for a few minutes, this is ok as well.
Let her take it as easy as she can manage....

And whenever you are together, then bring her focus upon Allah (subhanawataála) and how close He is to the one who is suffering any illness.

You and sister Inna are in the prayers of your IB family, in shaa Allah.

May Allah (subhanawataála) lighten your load and may He make this trial the means for you and your family to enter Jannatul-firdaus together, hand-in-hand.
Ameen

Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

My wife Inna was active woman who like cooking, shopping, gathering with other women, etc. But now she's facing a reality that she cannot walk again. It made her spirit down.

Sometime she felt she has lost her life because now she always need my help. She can't bathe herself, but I must bathe her on the bed. She can't go to toilet too, but she must do it on bed and then I clean up her. It's sometime made her felt guilty, and she told me that I would be free if she 'go'.

She experience pain too. Although doctor has given her medicine to relieve her pain, she still feel uncomfortable. It's sometime made her feeling hopeless and wanna 'go'.

But actually the hardest thing for her is, she has lost her ability to do her favorite activities, lost her mobility, lost her beauty.

The last time she she told me that she wanted to 'go' was in Friday night. She asked me why I didn't let her 'go'. I told her that she should not give up and she must appreciate the life that has given to her. She told me again that what happened to her was too hard. And I told her that I knew, and that's why I'm always with her.

Alhamdulillah, it made her quiet.

Also, brother ardiantos last post speaks of his wife asking him 'to let her go' at times.
So, from this point of view, I think perhaps theres a time and place for jokes.
Also, people respond differently.
I know my wife often lost her spirit of life. That's why I usually try to create happy atmosphere for her with smile, laugh and joking. Of course, there's a time when I must stop laugh and joking.

I know she has lost her desire to laugh, but I also know that she knows I'm trying to make her stronger with create a happy atmosphere. Yes, actually I smile, laugh and joking, not to make her laugh, but make her realize that I'm always with her.

Today I laugh when I talked to her, then I smile and called her "my beautiful wife". She looked at me, smile, said "thank you", and began to cry. I still smile and let her cry.

ardianto
06-02-2013, 04:46 PM

Make the room colourful. Add flowers, chocolate, vases and stuff like that. I'm no expert but I think it is best to act as though nothing bad happened.

Good idea. But I hope she is not always in the bedroom. :)

Periwinkle18
06-02-2013, 04:56 PM

that would look great :)

uncle by roses n tulips she'll love the fragrance.

n make her a card or something :p

Periwinkle18
06-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam, niece

Last week aunty Inna was angry because I refused her request to recite surah Yaseen. My ignorance made me afraid to recite surah Yaseen.

I live in a place where many Muslims perform tradition of reciting surah Yaseen for dead person, and it cause image of surah Yaseen as surah for dead person. So, when aunty Inna told me to recite surah Yaseen for her, I refused it because I was afraid that's a sign that she would leave me. I offered her other surah but she still wanted to hear surah Yaseen. Then I told her that surah Yaseen usually recited for dead person and she began to angry "who said surah Yaseen only for dead person..?!!".

Finally I recited surah Yaseen. Alhamdulillah, it made her quiet and then slept.

Yes, that's my ignorance as a lay Muslim. Now, In Shaa Allah I will more often recite Qur'an for her.
aww mashaAllah thats so sweet of you and uncle its not necessary u recite surah yaseen for dead ppl if she loves it then recite it wenever u meet her recite the surahs she likes it'll make her feel better

Periwinkle18
06-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Balloons don't forget colourful balloons :)

uncle ardianto plz give my salam to aunty lnna tell her i love her lots and that she's in my duas. :)

Periwinkle18
06-02-2013, 05:15 PM

I made a card for my frnd once cropped it out of the pic its for aunty lnna :)

~Zaria~
06-02-2013, 06:02 PM
:salam: my dear brother,

JazakumAllahu khair for keeping us updated about sister Inna.

I think, as a result of being in almost constant contact with people who are ill - sometimes with conditions that are curable by the will of Allah, sometimes not, my responses may be a little affected by this.

I sincerely wish that all my brothers and sisters could dedicate just an hour (even half an hour) every week, to visit a hospital in their area.
Just sit by those who are facing some scary news, maybe some prospect of needing surgery and they feel anxious, or who are facing any serious illness.
Hold their hands, listen to their feelings and fears.... and really try to be in their positions for a little while.
Wallahi, no matter what you may be going through in life, you will never feel the need to complain again....

Akhi, I can understand and feel what you and your precious wife are going through.
SubhanAllah, you and sister Inna are so very beloved to Allah - for Him to place such a trial in your paths.
Never forget this akhi.
This difficulty that you face stems out of the love and mercy of Allah (subhanawataála) - remember, Allah only does good for His believers, alhamdulillah.

I personally dont think there would be much benefit to deny what is going on....

This is an important time for your dear wife - so, in shaa Allah, try not to distract her too much from this journey that she is on (e.g. if there is a TV that is watched frequently, perhaps replace it with islamic talks that have uplifting messages, Quraan (as mentioned), etc)
Allah Taa'la only desires that we turn closer to Him, by means of the trials that we face.

What lies ahead in shaa Allah, is much, much better than this dunya.
So, whenever she feels down because she is unable to walk, remind her of this, as well as the fact that the difficulties that she is enduring will in shaa Allah, be the means of completely erasing her sins and giving her such a high status in the aakhirah.

Alhamdulillah, she is most fortunate to have you as her husband.
How few men exist, by the likes of you, my dear brother.
May Allah reward you abundantly in both worlds. Ameen

ardianto
06-03-2013, 04:29 PM

I made a card for my frnd once cropped it out of the pic its for aunty lnna :)
Jazakillah Khayr,

Nice card. I've saved it in my computer. In Shaa Allah, I will print it for aunty Inna. :)

ardianto
06-03-2013, 04:33 PM
:salam: my dear brother,

JazakumAllahu khair for keeping us updated about sister Inna.

I think, as a result of being in almost constant contact with people who are ill - sometimes with conditions that are curable by the will of Allah, sometimes not, my responses may be a little affected by this.

I sincerely wish that all my brothers and sisters could dedicate just an hour (even half an hour) every week, to visit a hospital in their area.
Just sit by those who are facing some scary news, maybe some prospect of needing surgery and they feel anxious, or who are facing any serious illness.
Hold their hands, listen to their feelings and fears.... and really try to be in their positions for a little while.
Wallahi, no matter what you may be going through in life, you will never feel the need to complain again....
:salam:

There are many things that I've seen in hospitals. Yes, it's always made me realize that there are people who suffer more than me. Hospital is also a place where I've seen and heard true love stories. Love of the parents to their kids, kids to the parents, brother to sister. My wife told me about the amazing husbands and amazing wives that she has meet there. It made me felt I wanted to be a good husband too.

But she also ever told me sad story about a girl who she meet few times in chemotherapy room. That girl was coming from another city. She had a boyfriend who promised would marry her. But when she got breast cancer and must lost one of her breast, her boyfriend left her!. It made her depressed and always crying. And then, Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon, she died in sadness.

This is a sad story of fake love that I've heard from my wife.

Akhi, I can understand and feel what you and your precious wife are going through.
SubhanAllah, you and sister Inna are so very beloved to Allah - for Him to place such a trial in your paths.
Never forget this akhi.
This difficulty that you face stems out of the love and mercy of Allah (subhanawataála) - remember, Allah only does good for His believers, alhamdulillah.

I personally dont think there would be much benefit to deny what is going on....

This is an important time for your dear wife - so, in shaa Allah, try not to distract her too much from this journey that she is on (e.g. if there is a TV that is watched frequently, perhaps replace it with islamic talks that have uplifting messages, Quraan (as mentioned), etc)
Allah Taa'la only desires that we turn closer to Him, by means of the trials that we face.

What lies ahead in shaa Allah, is much, much better than this dunya.
So, whenever she feels down because she is unable to walk, remind her of this, as well as the fact that the difficulties that she is enduring will in shaa Allah, be the means of completely erasing her sins and giving her such a high status in the aakhirah.

Alhamdulillah, she is most fortunate to have you as her husband.
How few men exist, by the likes of you, my dear brother.
May Allah reward you abundantly in both worlds. Ameen

My wife still watch TV, but not frequent, and Alhamdulillah, she's not type of woman who love gosip and doesn't like watch music. Her favorite TV programs are cooking or culinary tour. She watch Islamic TV programs too, of course.

Alhamdulillah, we have enough much religious friends which few of them are even ustadz/ustadzah, from them we got many Islamic spiritual guidance. They also told us that difficulties that my wife got may be for erasing her sins.

One positive thing that my wife got from her difficulty is, she becomes more religious.

Jazakillah Khayr for you du'a, my sister.

Periwinkle18
06-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Jazakillah Khayr,

Nice card. I've saved it in my computer. In Shaa Allah, I will print it for aunty Inna. :)
Aww really but its just a small part of the card , I hope she likes it!! :)

ardianto
06-07-2013, 07:14 PM
I will bring my wife to hospital. She need the better treatment.

Actually I took this decision since yesterday afternoon, and would bring her to hospital this afternoon. But I postpone it.

Today, prior to Jum'ah time we've visited by our friends, a couple of husband and wife. The husband is Qur'an teacher. Then I went to masjid with the husband while the wife with my wife, and read Qur'an. Back from masjid, the wife told me that my wife talked about 'want to go' again. Then she contact our other friends before her and her husband left my home.

Prior to ashr our first friend came, and then our few other friends came too, including a female friend who came with her husband and brought Zam Zam water for my wife. One of our other friend also told me that she got around 60 messages from my and my wife other friends who sent du'a.

Alhamdulillah, me and my wife have many friends who always care to us. They told me that what should I do now is tawakul and ikhlas. I must believe that Allah will give what the best for my wife, and I should accept it. Yes, I understand what they meant.

I don't know what will happen tomorrow or in next few days. But I will try not to surrender in supporting my wife to make her strong. I told her that I understand her condition, but she should not give up, because I'm with her.

I don't know that I'm selfish or not if I'm still hoping Allah give longer time for my wife. I wish Allah give my wife longer time, so I can love her longer and better.

~Zaria~
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't know what will happen tomorrow or in next few days. But I will try not to surrender in supporting my wife to make her strong. I told her that I understand her condition, but she should not give up, because I'm with her.

I don't know that I'm selfish or not if I'm still hoping Allah give longer time for my wife. I wish Allah give my wife longer time, so I can love her longer and better.

It is not out of selfishness that you feel in this way, akhi.
It is out of love, that you hope to spend as much time with her as Allah (subhanawataála) has decreed.

We all pray with you my brother, that Allah Taa'la lightens her difficulties, grants her ease in her condition, and much more time on this journey towards Him.
Ameen.

Stay strong.
Allah (subhanawata'la) is with you.

Muhaba
06-07-2013, 08:03 PM
May Allah give her health and give you both patience to endure what you're going through. Ameen.

ardianto
06-09-2013, 05:21 PM
My wife will go to hospital tomorrow.

Please keep her in your du'a.

Periwinkle18
06-09-2013, 05:28 PM
I hope she's ok.

InshaAllah will pray for her.

Periwinkle18
06-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Assalam o alikum

Uncle ardianto how's your wife now?

ardianto
06-11-2013, 01:08 AM
Assalam o alikum

Uncle ardianto how's your wife now?
It's too early now to expect good progress. But I still pray and still give her support.

Periwinkle18
06-11-2013, 10:57 AM
inshaAllah she's going to get better soon keep praying and remember Allah is always there...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!