/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A reminder on Backbiting

Mia01
10-24-2012, 12:15 PM
I am from what Muslim society views as a 'practicing and established Muslim family'.

It is all just an image.

Being as it is on the inside and believing honestly in what Islam has taught us on how to behave and how to conduct ourselves I have been so shocked and deeply upset time and time again by the malicious gossip mongering that can and does go on in such families.
And not just these families but especially the South Asian communities. There is what I like to think of an 'underground sewage network' that women particularly are flooding from different parts of cities where they spread malicious gossip and rumors where they incite hatred and cause untold misery to innocent people.

Many of these women are giving halaqa's in Masjids.

They wear their hijabs they try incredibly hard for the success of their own families and then they try their level best at spreading filth about practicing Muslims who they see as a threat to their own success.

Time and time again I am seeing this from these women and I cannot believe what it is they are capable of. People in my own family shock me with their disturbingly unislamic behaviour.

Why don't Muslims see that Islam is not just about preaching but etiquette as well? Islam is in the way you behave, the way you conduct yourself, the manner in which you talk to people and treat them.

I saw a relevant article online and thought to share it with you guys. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone - it was not my intention.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-27-2012, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mia01
Time and time again I am seeing this from these women and I cannot believe what it is they are capable of. People in my own family shock me with their disturbingly unislamic behaviour.
welcome to life.. I am beginning to understand why having smaller number of contacts and almost an alienated life is better than what is out there.. Allah swt guides people to what is aright and is patient with them and with that they take every liberty. Every last liberty and call it freedom even though it leads to vice and worse of behavior.
Sometimes when I turn on the news I am shocked by the barbarity and I am not just speaking of Asad killing the people or the horrendous backlash by folks in so-called Muslim countries against their naturally elected Muslim leaders but just the local news.
Cannibalism, baby sitter slaughtering two beautiful children who are in her care in the bathtub, a girl gang raped by high school footballers with a video taken and posted on youtube so that everyone calls her with what she couldn't handle so she throws herself to an oncoming train.
If you hear all the talk people will justify everything from drunkenness to gang rape it is all free expression. It is so ugly this world we live in and so sad that it becomes too much.. I see why the prophets and messengers had a mihrab where they took refuge to seek Allah swt.
but I guess it is our test to bear with all this stuff with good patience..

:w:

Mia01
10-29-2012, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I am beginning to understand why having smaller number of contacts and almost an alienated life is better than what is out there..

yes, I have gone from being in a family that has literally hundreds of friends to a handful. The only quality I look for in my friends is that they are sincere Muslims and decent people and yet subhanAllah out of so many people that I have known only a few can I truly feel satisfied with as friends.

It has saddened my heart to realise how manipulative people, especially some women can be and it has shocked me to think that perhaps I have been so naive to all of the manipulation in the past.

A relative who was outwardly practicing, in niqab etc once went out of her way to make me do something I was reluctant to do, she kept on pushing me all day. My elders discouraged me advising me against spending money on such and such when there were so many poor people about. Later I discovered she was trying to make me do something first so she could ever after use me as a scapegoat and say 'she did it why can't I?'.

Then I realised she has been doing this for years driving a wedge between me and my parents.

She wears niqab, she teaches her children Quran she always talks about Islam as though she knows it inside out. And yet she is involved in this manipulative and scheming, underhand behaviour.

I am so disappointed in Muslims, there are those few of my friends though that I hold dear and I truly love them for their genuine love for Islam.

If only people would not deceive by their image - its become a fashion to wear niqab and black. It gives them the freedom to stare at men as much as they want and gossip and cause mischief all the while laying claim to being one of the 'most practicing' Muslims.

May Allah swa have mercy on all of us and keep us always guided.

جوري
10-29-2012, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mia01
I am so disappointed in Muslims, there are those few of my friends though that I hold dear and I truly love them for their genuine love for Islam.
I knew this one pharmacist who would go to hajj or Umrah every year and yet was stealing from the patients, he put the name of a relative of mine as the dispenser of the meds so if anything happens it would be she who'd lose her license, he stole her money to lie about his taxes for a promise of sponsorship which never happened after 12 years of faithful 11 hour shifts. So what can I tell. It maybe that it is a handful of us that Allah swt chooses and not a quantity thing as I often warn against constantly converting people who should really change their personalities first before making a life altering decision. I won't even begin to tell you my stories.. everyone has a sob story I think.. sob7an Allah. Don't be fooled by appearance..
One wise sheikh once said if every philosopher sported a beard then a billy goat must be Aflaton!
Most people are awful illa man ra7ima rabbi.. it can be jarring for a long time may Allah swt aid us raise our ranks, enable us to forgive and shows people the way before they go through life like this.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!