/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Names of House Teams?

Aisha
10-24-2012, 09:38 PM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I need some help regarding suggestions for names of School House Teams please.

There'll be five teams in total, and we've already received some suggestions inc Safa, Marwa, five pillars of Islam etc etc. unfortunately, we're still undecided.

I'm hoping the creative sorts will be able to come up with some names inshaAllah. =)

I should mention that it's an Islamic girls secondary school. I'd like something a bit different and easy to pronounce, maybe something with some background.. Is that asking for too much? :unsure: one idea I had was to have names of prominent muslim female academics from the golden age of Islam. Only problem we had with that was that the names are too long!

So.. Any ideas? All suggestions are most welcome.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-24-2012, 09:42 PM
you should name them after brilliant Islamic scholars..
Ibn Il Haytham
Al Idrisi
Ibn Rushd

like that.. I'd want to be in one of those clubs :)

Re.TiReD
10-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Wa'alaykum as-salam warahmatullah

Ok I thought about this for all of 5 seconds so forgive me if it's a lame idea but I think you could have characteristics or traits, for e.g. Haqq, 'Adl, Sabr, Shukr, Hayaa, Ihsaan or use the English alternatives? :embarrass Or you could have: Muhsinaat, Mu'minaat etc

Wassalam

Haya emaan
01-13-2013, 02:27 PM
walaikum assalam warahmatullah wabarakatahu

i know i m too late to respond. didnt see the thread before and hope the house names have been decided.. still wanted to say something

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
one idea I had was to have names of prominent muslim female academics from the golden age of Islam. Only problem we had with that was that the names are too long!
In school we had house names on muslim male heros but in short to overcome the problem of long names like KHALID (for khlaid bin waleed) QASIM (for muhammad bin qasim) JINNAH ( for muhammad ali jinnah) and so on.. can be considered this way next time...:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!