/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why do people still talk trash about Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh)'s relationship?

User_23338
10-25-2012, 12:08 AM
with Aisha?

why do the kuffar believe Aisha was 9 years old when she got married?

we already have proof now that she was around 18 or 19 when she god married and why don't these people realize that there was no age restriction in marriage at the time, not just in the arab nations, but in LOTS OF PLACES AROUND THE WORLD.

also Christians believe that Mary got in a relationship with Joseph but after she gave birth to Jesus (pbuh), but Mary was around 12 or 13 and Joseph was over 50 years old.

on the side note : i was told by my mom that Prophet Joseph was not around in the time of Mary, is this true?

can someone please clarify

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-25-2012, 12:21 AM
What does it matter what age Aisha was when she got married?
the age of consent in the west here in the U.S in fact was as young as 7.
It isn't the number that matters for what determines adulthood/coming of age is puberty and maturity isn't a universal law. What is a child in England isn't so classified in Spain. The real question is why does this bother you so much you'd rather assign her a different age all together?

Aprender
10-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Brother, you always seem to ask questions like this about what the kaffir think. I live in the U.S. too but really, try to invest in some good Muslim friends to associate yourself with instead of non-Muslims. This is what happens when you do this.

The kaffir will never be satisfied with us as Muslims. If it wasn't this issue it would be something else. It matters not if she was 18, 22, or 9 when she got married, they'd find a way to have a problem with it and Islam as a whole.

What you need to do is devote yourself to some deeper Islamic studies and stop letting those without knowledge who hear negativity through the grapevine get to you.

Mustafa2012
10-25-2012, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89
with Aisha?

we already have proof now that she was around 18 or 19 when she god married and why don't these people realize that there was no age restriction in marriage at the time, not just in the arab nations, but in LOTS OF PLACES AROUND THE WORLD.

also Christians believe that Mary got in a relationship with Joseph but after she gave birth to Jesus (pbuh), but Mary was around 12 or 13 and Joseph was over 50 years old.

on the side note : i was told by my mom that Prophet Joseph was not around in the time of Mary, is this true?

There are different accounts of Aisha's :ra: real age at time of marriage and her age at time of consummation of marriage. It doesn't really matter what age it was because women mature at different ages. There's no set age. It's a biological thing.

It was perfectly normal in that culture for people to get married at a young age as it was in other cultures around the world. Abu Bakr :raha: approved of it and so did all the Sahaba. None of the enemies of Islam made an issue of it at the time so we don't consider it an issue. It's only recently that some of enemies of Islaam, namely the zionists and orientalists are making an issue of it.

As for what Christians believe about Mary and Joseph having a relationship. That is wrong. We don't believe that.

Muslims believe that Mary had a miraculous birth without having relationship with a man. It is mentioned in Surah Ale Imran and Surah Maryam.

Prophet Yusuf/Joseph was in Egypt. Maryam/Mary was in Jerusalem. Also very likely to be in different centuries.

It is not mentioned in The Qur'aan that they ever met, let alone were husband or wife.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
10-25-2012, 01:23 AM
with Aisha?

that's what i believe as well.

i can't imagine where you heard or read that!

we do not have evidence for that, Islamic evidence.

you'd be correct in that! by like 1500 years! but no one was implying THAT Joseph; they mean somebody else.

:sl:

i would posit an interesting theory. there is another thread around somewhere that has the 1st part of a series of talks with John Taylor Gatto. he ended up studying the history of public education. he contends that public education is a means of controlling people and that keeping children behaving like children for as long as possible is one of the most important ways to brainwash them. i am implying that elements of the west see her tender age as a threat! it is thus attacked.

besides that, one must look at other factors. how about survival of the nation? i was listening to a lecture by a Professor at Loyola. he mentioned that during the Roman empire, couples need to average 10 offspring just to maintain an even population. deaths in infancy, wars, disease thinned out populations at a large rate. each society had their own ideas of when folks should marry. no one is saying that every woman should get married at 9. in Aiyishah's case it was proper. consider the the Prophet, pbuh, had many wives and 6 or 7 children; how many survived him? 2!

the new extended childhood is a recent invention. if you can play video games until you are 35, why would you want to bother with a wife and kids? they would only delay you acquiring carpal tunnel. the powers that think they rule the world want a much reduced population. they are NOT Muslim. if they convince everyone under their spell to have 2.3 children and their numbers fall, what happens when the Muslims have 6 to 12 kids? guess who ends up in control of the planet then!

Allah knows best, and those that refuse to accept that fear Islam immensely. they are not simply saying something that you do not like. they want you to change your standards to theirs. it would be easier to control you that way. it is the work of shaytan. if you prefer a nice house and TV in every room, assume the role of consumer rather that producer, then you have unavoidably joined them. you will become a sheep as well.

nor do they want you to start a business and compete for their capital. they want YOUR capital. ever wonder why Xmas is such a huge holiday in the west? you can be young [and duped] forever!

learn Qur'an and sunnah. focus on Jannah. eternal life not eternal childhood!

you may return to your regularly scheduled program!...
:wa:

Perseveranze
10-25-2012, 01:47 AM
السلام عليكم

She was 9 when the marriage was consummated. Even Non-Muslim Academia say;

Unsurprisingly, one of the charges levelled against the Prophet by his detractors is that his relationship with Aisha was tantamount to child abuse. A marriage between an older man and a young girl was customary among the Bedouins, as it still is in many societies across the world today. It was not unheard of in Muhammad's time for boys and girls to be promised to each other in marriage almost as soon as they were born, particularly if the union was of direct political significance to the families concerned. However, such marriages were almost certainly not consummated until both parties had entered adulthood, which Arabs in the seventh century tended to reach at an earlier age than Westerners today. It is highly unlikely that Muhammad would not have taken Aisha into his bed until she was at least in her early teens, which was wholly in keeping with the customs of the day, and in context not in the least improper.

- [Colin Turner, Islam: The Basics, Routledge Press, pp. 34-35]

Scimitar
10-25-2012, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
السلام عليكم

She was 9 when the marriage was consummated. Even Non-Muslim Academia say;
this is a contradiction with this:

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
It is highly unlikely that Muhammad would not have taken Aisha into his bed until she was at least in her early teens, which was wholly in keeping with the customs of the day, and in context not in the least improper.

meaning that the marriage was NOT consummated until she was in her teens - at least.

Another point I want to raise is that in Bukhari - there are accounts which conflict with the Aisha (RA) being 9 yrs old when she got hitched to Prophet pbuh.

And the most favoured view amongst scholars is that she was in her late teens - at the very least, when she got married to the Prophet pbuh.

Either way, if you think it's fine to let a 9 yr old get married "today" - then marry your daughters at that age to someone much older.

Zabel
10-25-2012, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
As for what Christians believe about Mary and Joseph having a relationship. That is wrong. We don't believe that.

Muslims believe that Mary had a miraculous birth without having relationship with a man. It is mentioned in Surah Ale Imran and Surah Maryam.

Prophet Yusuf/Joseph was in Egypt. Maryam/Mary was in Jerusalem. Also very likely to be in different centuries.

It is not mentioned in The Qur'aan that they ever met, let alone were husband or wife.
I think you are referring to Joseph, son of Jacob as Christians and Jews call him. This is a different Joseph than Christians believe married Mary. Mary and this more recent Joseph would have been betrothed and on their way to Jerusalem/Yershalayim for Sukkot-hence why they would have been in Bethlehem/Beit Lehem, which would have been an ideal time for the census taking place around that time. There is a difference of opinion on whether or not the other brothers of Jesus were actually brothers or just close male relatives. Joseph, son of Jacob was around some centuries BCE.

White Rose
10-25-2012, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
What does it matter what age Aisha was when she got married?
Exactly. It shouldnt matter to us because first of all, we didnt live in that era. Anyone who tries to apply the same principle at this age is ignorant and they need to start looking as to what is going around them and they need to start acquiring knowledge.

Zabel
10-25-2012, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ارجمند
Exactly. It shouldnt matter to us because first of all, we didnt live in that era. Anyone who tries to apply the same principle at this age is ignorant and they need to start looking as to what is going around them and they need to start acquiring knowledge.
Good point. Context first, not judgement.

Perseveranze
10-25-2012, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
this is a contradiction with this:

meaning that the marriage was NOT consummated until she was in her teens - at least.

Another point I want to raise is that in Bukhari - there are accounts which conflict with the Aisha (RA) being 9 yrs old when she got hitched to Prophet pbuh.

And the most favoured view amongst scholars is that she was in her late teens - at the very least, when she got married to the Prophet pbuh.

Either way, if you think it's fine to let a 9 yr old get married "today" - then marry your daughters at that age to someone much older.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

That's not a contradiction at all. Look here;

which Arabs in the seventh century tended to reach at an earlier age than Westerners today.
He's saying that the Arabs matured at a faster rate and that such marriages were a cultural norm in that time - there's plenty of evidence of this as well with Aisha(ra)'s descriptions and actions. He's fully aware that young marriages like that happened as a norm, read the whole paragraph.

If you check wiki on Aisha(ra), he's even quoted with that interpretation.

As for these "conflicts", well sorry but they're not. I'll watch the video when I get back, but I've been through this and I've found the people either miss important details or use weak/unauthentic hadiths to call it "conflict".

جوري
10-25-2012, 10:26 AM

It's not an injunction to marry at any particular age and the rulings for readiness for marriage in Islam don't mention any number rather the three rules perhaps more require physical, psychological and financial readiness the last on behalf of the male.
So I am confused as to your comment above!
If we lived today in a society where the life expectancy is 44 and there are such regions or where women died in childbirth or children didn't survive infancy then I guarantee the American society of psychiatrists decreeing what's an adult and what's a child will mean diddlysquat!
Are you offended by Arab culture of the time? Do their practices which fit their time have a bearing on whether or not we should accept Islam, water it down, change it to accommodate kaffir sensibilities?
Medina was afflicted with the plague and malaria during the time of the prophet which has other historical significance but just so you know sahabis like Moath Ibn jabal died in his thirties from the plague and Allah swt knows best
Btw Aisha RA was engaged to someone else before who broke off the engagement due to her and Abu Bakr's conversion to Islam : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubayr_ibn_Mut'im

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1530882

& we still have modern day people not just marrying but giving births at 9~10
http://adrempress.com/ten-year-old-g...birth-to-baby/

Best,

Hulk
10-25-2012, 11:18 AM
The reason they talk "trash" about it is because they either can't think for themselves the criteria for someone to be an adult or it's the only way they feel they can win an "argument". Aisha(ra) was already mature when she got married, so it really doesn't matter to me what the age was as just because you're older it doesn't mean you're more mature. Especially if you compare "older" kids from rich societies to younger kids from poorer societies.

CosmicPathos
10-25-2012, 11:57 AM
That's just weak bro. Weak.

We all think it is okay for a Muslim to marry 4 wives. It does not mean ALL muslim men SHOULD marry 4 wives.

Predator
10-25-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/a...lass_house.pdf

Mustafa2012
10-25-2012, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
The reason they talk "trash" about it is because they either can't think for themselves the criteria for someone to be an adult or it's the only way they feel they can win an "argument". Aisha(ra) was already mature when she got married, so it really doesn't matter to me what the age was as just because you're older it doesn't mean you're more mature. Especially if you compare "older" kids from rich societies to younger kids from poorer societies.
It's ok for kids nowadays and for quite some time to commit fornication and boast about it in public but yet when someone young makes a commitment to someone legally and have a legitimate relationship then suddenly it's wrong.

It's ok for a man to have as many girlfriends as he wants but yet if he tries to marry more than one it's a big problem.

Why the hypocrisy?

That's just the effect of how much society has been brainwashed into doing what society tells them. People don't use their mind to think for themselves and see how illogical some things are.

Mustafa2012
10-25-2012, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zabel
I think you are referring to Joseph, son of Jacob as Christians and Jews call him. This is a different Joseph than Christians believe married Mary. Mary and this more recent Joseph would have been betrothed and on their way to Jerusalem/Yershalayim for Sukkot-hence why they would have been in Bethlehem/Beit Lehem, which would have been an ideal time for the census taking place around that time. There is a difference of opinion on whether or not the other brothers of Jesus were actually brothers or just close male relatives. Joseph, son of Jacob was around some centuries BCE.
Yes I am referring to Joseph son of Jacob because the brother in original post referred to Prophet Joseph.

But even if the Joseph that Christians believe got married to Mary is a different Joseph than the son of Jacob, we still do not believe that is the case according to Islamic belief because in The Qur'aan we are told that Mary gave birth to Jesus without any relationship with a man. It was a miraculous birth. There's an entire chapter dedicated to the story of Mary. You can read all about it here.

Surah Maryam

And for an explanation you can check here:http://qtafsir.com

IbnAbdulHakim
10-25-2012, 04:50 PM
shaytan is having a field day with you khan.

aisha radhiallahu anha was very very young when she got married and not even the enemies of islam who would use the tiniest reason to corrupt our prophet (saws) image had a problem with that.

Be careful of how you speak about our prophet, if he actuallydid marry her that young, and you insulted the act - you would be indirectly insulting him.

be careful bro, rectify your intentions and soul..

read his life story, read about his character. if you think he did anything wrong, then there is something seriously wrong inside that needs attention.

may Allah help us, we are so weak that we cant accept what the enemies of islam had no problem with... how weak we are...

Perseveranze
10-25-2012, 05:58 PM

السلام عليكم

Ok, saw the video, it uses some very poor arguments. Such as;

Argument; "Aisha(ra) partook in the battle of badr/uhud. However, based on a certain hadith by Ibn Umar(ra), only 15+ year olds are allowed to participate in battle (as Ibn Umar(ra) was turned away from fighting for being 14 years old)".

Response; As mentioned previously, the author (as usual) misses details. The hadith the author uses is specifically regarding males, for which age they are considered to reach the age of puberty. This is how the hadith has been interpreted by all the great classical scholars;

Imam An-Nawawi said in Sharh Sahih Muslim, 12/13:

”وهو السن الذي يجعل صاحبه من المقاتلين ويجري عليه حكم الرجال في أحكام القتال وغير ذلك“

“It is the age at which boys become fighters and take the same ruling as men”

All the other points should be refuted here, please have a read, and if there's something that's not responded to, let me know and I'll take a look;

Age of 'Aisha's Marriage: Historians vs Hadith Scholars.

glo
10-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Just for clarification from a Christian perspective, prophet Joseph (son of Jacob) and Mary's husband are two totally different people and lived at different times.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!