/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are there Ants(small) on my table?

Samiun
10-26-2012, 06:38 AM
:sl: Why, Why, Why? Okay I have a dusty router with dusty cables, a dusty study-lamp, a stack of books and an unused mousepad so why is there ants crawling on my table. I rarely and almost never bring food to eat or water to drink inside my room so why are these creatures keep on coming? I mean, it's not like I'm afraid of ants but I usually accidentally kill them when I'm dragging my text book around. It's haram to kill insects that are harmless right? Any1 have any ideas on how to stop them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sci
10-26-2012, 06:48 AM
There are many products you can buy which get rid of ants
look up in internet 'how to get rid of ants' etc

Signor
10-26-2012, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
:sl: Why, Why, Why? Okay I have a dusty router with dusty cables, a dusty study-lamp, a stack of books and an unused mousepad so why is there ants crawling on my table. I rarely and almost never bring food to eat or water to drink inside my room so why are these creatures keep on coming? I mean, it's not like I'm afraid of ants but I usually accidentally kill them when I'm dragging my text book around. It's haram to kill insects that are harmless right? Any1 have any ideas on how to stop them?
ANTS LOVE YOU..Simply;D

What we do here in situation like these is to put some wheat flour in a near corner,usually ants take it and disappear in a hour or two.

Other method is use of any pesticide to kill them all

Samiun
10-26-2012, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SaneFellow

ANTS LOVE YOU..Simply;D

What we do here in situation like these is to put some wheat flour in a near corner,usually ants take it and disappear in a hour or two.

Other method is use of any pesticide to kill them all
I don't think they will, because it always come backs for more

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-26-2012, 11:35 AM
get a bug spray.. ants are clever they'll find a way.. I did an experiment ones where I put sugar in a bowl and surrounded it with water to see if they'd get to it. They formed a bridge of their own bodies.. many of them died along the way, brave creatures and eventually they made a solid bridge which made them brilliant on top of brave..
or you can make an ant farm and make a buck off them by being more clever!
Who said you can't kill em? Of course you can and should.. they belong out in the wild not on your picnic table..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Endymion
10-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Subhanallah,there is a person at the other corner of the world facing almost the same problem we are facing these days.But ours is too huge as we have ants all around our kitchen in spite of i use several insect killer and i put the insect killing powder every where but everytime they find a way to reach there.Last time they appear from the socket :exhausted and trust me they are hundreds of them every time.Red in color and eat everything,even they ate my brothers shirt which he brought through internet and they ate the logo made of some kinda material :skeleton: My brother is real angry and he took his revenge by putting them all in a tub full of water adding washing powder in it ;D But we can't put anything here and there,they reach it in seconds.

A small creature has now become a challenge for us and now i understand why Allah SWT dedicated a whole chapter in Quran to tiny thing :exhausted:exhausted

جوري
10-26-2012, 12:04 PM
:haha: yeah when I was in Egypt I was having all sorts of fun with them.. they ate me and the blood sucking insects sucked my blood I wasn't spared..
There's an even worse type we call them 'Persian ants' warrior type large and can fly.. those I don't dare torture as I haven't seen them since I was a kid and they frightened me they weren't cute at all.
Just call an exterminator then. Somethings need industrial strength spray because they develop resistance. Ants are extremely resilient you know, they're amazing if they weren't so bloody annoying..

:w:

Snowflake
10-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wb,

Please don't kill them. They always reminded of the story of the ant in the Quran.

I had ants coming in my kitchen and crawling over my work top. No matter how clean I kept it, they'd still come and just walk around doing nothing in particular. What I did was find the route they are coming in from, and left yogurt pot lid with a drop of honey diluted with water in it. I cut the rim off one side so they could get to the honey easily and they would drink it everyday and stopped climing on the worktop.

The best part was when I found them on my work top again and realized I'd forgotten to put their honey out for them. My cousin who was there at the time was giving me tips to get rid of them. I told her to just watch. I put the honey down and within seconds they started crawling back down to the floor again. Subhan Allah! My cousin couldn't believe her eyes. They stayed with me for a few weeks and I was sad to see them go.

جوري
10-26-2012, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
Please don't kill them.
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
I had ants coming in my kitchen and crawling over my work top.
:lol: sis.. this is a most unusual story.. unless you want to look for new residence and leave them with this one it is not a good idea to foster their stay lol..
mint on their pillow and all.

Samiun
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Subhanallah,there is a person at the other corner of the world facing almost the same problem we are facing these days.But ours is too huge as we have ants all around our kitchen in spite of i use several insect killer and i put the insect killing powder every where but everytime they find a way to reach there.Last time they appear from the socket and trust me they are hundreds of them every time.Red in color and eat everything,even they ate my brothers shirt which he brought through internet and they ate the logo made of some kinda material My brother is real angry and he took his revenge by putting them all in a tub full of water adding washing powder in it But we can't put anything here and there,they reach it in seconds.
I laughed the first time I read this, glad Im not the only one facing this problem here.

Why those are the tastiest I hear.. muscular all red meat.. they're top notch and when cooked become extra crispy outside.. are you nuts you can make a fortune.. pls share the profit with your sister (me)
I think Im gonna throw up.. Jokes aside, I used to eat ants when I was a kid because they always crawl to my milk bottle and I still do when they make their way towards my food.

Please don't kill them. They always reminded of the story of the ant in the Quran.

I had ants coming in my kitchen and crawling over my work top. No matter how clean I kept it, they'd still come and just walk around doing nothing in particular. What I did was find the route they are coming in from, and left yogurt pot lid with a drop of honey diluted with water in it. I cut the rim off one side so they could get to the honey easily and they would drink it everyday and stopped climing on the worktop.

The best part was when I found them on my work top again and realized I'd forgotten to put their honey out for them. My cousin who was there at the time was giving me tips to get rid of them. I told her to just watch. I put the honey down and within seconds they started crawling back down to the floor again. Subhan Allah! My cousin couldn't believe her eyes. They stayed with me for a few weeks and I was sad to see them go.
I think that's a brilliant idea and an interesting story. But wouldn't it attract other insects such as Cockroaches?

tw009
10-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh God! we are having the same problem. But we have these tiny cockroaches that roam around in the kitchen but now I also see them in my room! +o(

...and for the past few days fruit flies have taken over our house.

White Rose
10-26-2012, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
But we have these tiny cockroaches that roam around in the kitchen but now I also see them in my room!
Tell me about it, I am sick and tired of cockroaches. If I get rid of one, 20 more are born....
I need to find an effective method to get rid of them :hmm:

Endymion
10-27-2012, 01:30 PM
If you need a homemade tip for cockroaches,you might find this effective.

Take a table spoon of flour,sugar and boric acid and mix them with the help of water to make a dough.Now make smalls balls and paste them where cockroaches come.It will complete its action in 7 days Inshallah but dont remove the balls untill they are completely finished.

Mistrique
10-27-2012, 05:21 PM
It is possible that they have built a colony nearby. If you can follow them and they will lead you back to their home. If you destroy the mother ship and all of that...

joyous fairy
10-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Assalam alaykum..

:O this happened in my house a few months ago! They appeared out of nowhere and were crawling from corner to corner. Some of them grew wings too but didn't seem to know how to use them lol. Apparently mixing flour and sugar and scattering it on the area they are coming from makes them go away. It worked a few times for us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!