/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Sacrifice

~Zaria~
10-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Something to ponder...
‎​

What is the "Ismail" in our lives that we need to "sacrifice"?

That thing that we love dearly.... That restricts us from elevating our ranks of spirituality.....That limits true freedom.....That causes rationalisation for conveniences.....That weakens our faith.....That prevents us from fulfilling our duty.....That avoids truth and complete submission....

‎​Insha Allah, something we should think about as we witness/partake in the sacrifices for Eid.

[A reminder from one of my dear friends. May Allah reward her abundantly. Ameen]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-27-2012, 07:32 PM
The story of Ibrahim (PBUH) even prior to the sacrifice is a to and fro journey of desperation, question, faith, love, patience, reward, temptation and pure unadulterated submission.
From the very beginning when he questioned the gods of his father, to his contemplation, to being put through the fire in his case quite literally, to requesting from Allah swt to show him a sign (in the birds that he took apart) to being blessed in his old age with sons after patience, to being asked to slaughter his son (and it isn't in the sense that we think that he was going to go up and show the intent and then be saved but he purely believed that it is what he should do with pure torment along the way from the devil..
When we contrast that with our own lives, many of us fail those tests the ones that try our character and we're all tried in many different ways with things we don't believe that we can give up or live without especially when we invested so much of ourselves in it. But we're meant to look at this world as a fleeting moment to have full faith that it is our creator who will sustain us not some job or family or friend or children and that it is all meaningless in comparison to time spent in the grave or eternity for that matter.
And it is a process that moulds us, days like this and days like that shape our character, and our outlook and it is the most difficult days that gauge someone's sincerity and true character.
So I don't personally see it as compartmentalized events from which one event is the culmination rather a life well lived with its difficulties, ups and downs for us to model our own after.

and Allah swt knows best

~Zaria~
10-27-2012, 09:13 PM
^ I truly do not understand what you are in disagreement about.....or are you in disagreement?

The purpose of this thread is simply to highlight that we need to be able to give up/ sacrifice that which we love in this dunya (which is unlawful, unlike in the case of Ibrahim (as) ) for the sake and pleasure of Allah Taa'la.
This is one of the lessons that we should acquire from the day of Eid-ul Adha, insha Allah.

:wa:

جوري
10-27-2012, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
^ I truly do not understand what you are in disagreement about.....or are you in disagreement?
ha? you lost me there sister, I thought you were asking for the lesson of the sacrifice which I took as a whole not a singular event.
You're welcome to report my post and have it removed if it isn't in keeping with your purpose!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-27-2012, 10:59 PM
I have something in mind that I need to sacrifice, but I dont wish to disclose it.

lets jsut say its hugely to do with the nafs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!