/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An introduction, and a question

cjrad
10-28-2012, 03:33 AM
I am working on an essay about religious experiences. I am looking for several testimonies from Muslims describing a time when they have had a religious experience. This can be defined in any way you see fit. If anyone is willing to share an account of such an experience, I would very much appreciate it. Whichever is more comfortable, post it here in the thread, or private message the story to me.

Once again, thank you for any help you are willing to provide

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-28-2012, 03:36 AM
what do you mean by a 'religious experience'? every time we pray or fast or give to charity or make pilgrimage is a religious experience no?

best,

Woodrow
10-28-2012, 03:55 AM
I would call the day I reverted to Islam a religious experience. I had no intent to ever accept Islam. I was living in an area that had no Muslims in the entire county and had not seen a Muslim in person for over 20 years.

I had a Qur'an that I had picked up in Morocco in the 1960s. On that day I decided to see if I could still read Arabic. I picked up the Qur'an after not even looking at it in nearly 20 years and began reading. the words took on a beautiful glow and I felt a warmth and peace come over me. I could not stop reading and did not put the Qur'an down. I read for at least 3 days and when I stopped I KNEW I was Muslim and said the Shahadah then and there and knew I had returned home although I did not know until that moment Islam is my home.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!