/* */

PDA

View Full Version : MAC Eyeliner.

_Y168
10-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Assalaamu 'Alaikum,

If an eyeliner (MAC) has Carmine (i.e. Cochineal / E120) inside it then are you allowed to use it, because technically you aren't putting it inside your mouth. Is it just like using a hand sanitizer that has alcohol inside it?

Jazaakumullaahu Khayran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-28-2012, 11:28 PM
That is a dye from insects. I don't think there's anything wrong with that but I am no scholar. I prefer natural though if you're looking to switch try this brand, I quite like it:

http://www.amazon.com/Himalaya-Herba...s=himyala+kohl

:w:

_Y168
10-29-2012, 12:35 AM
The thing is, I prefer MAC products over other brands, because they work best on me. I noticed on my latest eyeliner that it has Carmine inside it and I was baffled whether you can use it or not because of the Haraam ingredient.

The reasoning behind the lipstick being Haraam makes sense because of the possible contact with the mouth.

If anyone does find out a definite answer, then please do let me know. Jazak Allahu Khayran!

جوري
10-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Good luck with your search sis-- I do feel like I suggested strongly my preference I understand what it is like to have a favorite product.. in shaa Allah you get the answer your seek.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_Y168
10-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Aaaawh! إن شاء الله. Jazakillahu Khayran! :D

Also, do you know Make Up brushes, have you heard about most of them being made by animal hair?

جوري
10-29-2012, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by محبة الحرمين
Aaaawh! إن شاء الله. Jazakillahu Khayran! :D

Also, do you know Make Up brushes, have you heard about most of them being made by animal hair?
Well lol.. this might not please to hear about me, but I actually like fur and animal hair lols.. but there's a company that makes really nice synthetic brushes they don't shed which is my peeve with the animal ones and also are very reasonably priced and get really good ratings:

http://www.amazon.com/Ecotools-Bambo...makeup+brushes

called ecotools ..

_Y168
10-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Oh, Lol! And we have those brushes! Eco tools are Awesome! But, we also have many other brushes, and its difficult knowing which ones that you can use and which ones that you can't.

جوري
10-29-2012, 01:27 AM
the thing about brushes is that you have to clean them after every use and I don't think most people do that which causes them all sorts of skin issues. I don't tend to use brushes because I don't really wear makeup just tinted moisturizer with spf in the winter though I try a tanner because I am sadly very pale and ghastly but that can look funny if you don't do it right.. I think for most people sunblock will do if they don't have skin issues and skin issues can be avoided just by paying attention to habits, such as using brushes without disinfecting them with every use.

Periwinkle18
10-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Hmm y don't u go to Islam Q n A post ur ques there ? :) someone mite help

I don't use makeup much so Duno I only use the hasmi surma or a gel liner. :s

_Y168
10-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Erm, do you need an account for that?

And sis شَاذِنْ, if the brushes are made out of Animal Hairs, then isn't it Najis? I personally don't use anything on my face, but was asking for eye shadow brushes?

Periwinkle18
10-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Erm, do you need an account for that?
Umm I don't knw

جوري
10-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Why us it najas? You know that during the time of the prophet pbuh they used animal fur and leather for bedding and carpeting and pillows the stuff you'd spend a fortune on now a days - that's what the animals are there for I am using my phone now but there's a verse in suret ya seen about our dominion over the animals. Not that we should abuse that privilege but it's certainly one of the blessings of Allah swt that we can ride them, eat them and use them for clothing, even their bones were used as writing parchment!
They need to be cleaned properly though I think back in the day they left the skin to dry out in the sun.
Now we've solutions and things with which to clean them!

And Allah swt knows best!

Muhaba
10-29-2012, 11:30 AM
I normally use Avon products as it is a jewish company and doesn't use alcohol or pig. For a few years i used syrian make up but now that i am ut of syria i will have to get stuff made elsewhere, so avon is wht i will most likely go for.

I am unsure abour carmine. I read that insects werent haram but don't remember where i read that. if that's true, then carmine would not be haram. it's best you ask on islam QA as a scholar will let you know whether insects are haram or not.

Animal hairs and hides from halal animals are halal but what about haram animals such as fox? I m unsure if their fur is allowed.

There are a couple of hadith about animal hide that i remember. One states that every hide/skin that has been treated (in the sun, etc) is clean. كل اباغ ضبغ فقد طهر
Another states that we shouldn't take the hide of a dead animal. الا تنفعوا من الميت بإباغ
I think what these hadith mean that if animal is slaughtered, it's hide can be taken and treated which makes it pure to use. But if an animal has died by itself then it's hide shouldn't be taken for use. Since animals should only be killed for food or self defence, that would mean that in most cases we won't be able to use the skins/hide of wild animals or haram animals. And Allah knows best.

Note: i am unsure of the wording of the second hadith as I memorized it a few years ago.

_Y168
10-29-2012, 01:05 PM
I should've made it specific: I heard that 'Pig hairs...' are used in most Make Up brushes. Not sure if it is true tho.

جوري
10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
I should've made it specific: I heard that 'Pig hairs...' are used in most Make Up brushes. Not sure if it is true tho.
I think boar bristles are only used in brushes because they're very coarse I don't think they can make a face brush out of that it would be abrasive but Allah swt knows best, if you know what the brush is made of you can always switch to another brand...

_Y168
10-29-2012, 01:25 PM
The thing is, how would you know if the brush is made up of Pig hair, as they do not specify it in any way. Personally, I use Eco Tools, but a sister was enquiring to me about her brushes. (Bobby Brown... E.t.c.)

جوري
10-29-2012, 01:28 PM
she can just call the company, that's what I do with food or any questionable products.
For instance I wrote customer service to the wisconsin cheese company wanting to know if they use pig rennet and they told me that they synthesize it using bacteria. They can't withhold information from you -- all you gotta do is ask.

Muhaba
10-29-2012, 05:57 PM
i think make-up brushes are made of human hair. I read it in a magazine or brochure.

_Y168
10-29-2012, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
They can't withhold information from you -- all you gotta do is ask.
I'll let her know. :ia:. Jazaakillaahu Khayran. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
i think make-up brushes are made of human hair. I read it in a magazine or brochure.
Woah! That's the first. Please share the article sis.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!