/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy

Re.TiReD
10-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Assalamu 'alaykum

I think the world affairs section is still closed but I can't help but feel worried about our members living in the States, how is everybody? :S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20121811

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadan90
10-29-2012, 07:39 PM
I was thinking of making a thread about this as well, but couldnt because that section was closed. I hope my brother and sisters there are safe.

glo
10-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Here it is from space:

Yes, all of you who are affected by this hurricane - stay safe!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God protect you and yours.

جوري
10-29-2012, 07:55 PM
I am in the throes of it.. live right on the water too in Zone A.. mandatory evcaution but I didn't go anywhere.. Allah will take care of us in shaa Allah..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadan90
10-29-2012, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I am in the throes of it.. live right on the water too in Zone A.. mandatory evcaution but I didn't go anywhere.. Allah will take care of us in shaa Allah..

May Allah protect you, your family, and the rest of the people. This must be a scary thing to experience. Such things never happen here in the north part of the world(scandinavia), alhamdulilah. :nervous:

glo
Are you with your family, Skye? Stay safe!

Ramadan90
Comparison between Irene(first picture) and Sandy:

This is not good.

جوري
10-29-2012, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
May Allah protect you, your family, and the rest of the people. This must be a scary thing to experience. Such things never happen here in the north part of the world(scandinavia), alhamdulilah. :nervous:
Not a scary thing at all. Western govt. just love to create fear and panic in people.. yesterday I was out to get a few items and every place was jam packed with panic stricken people it is actually quite comical. Then the constant drills of get out, the water and electricity will be gone. I just approach this with the same grain of salt when I watch their other news about those deadly terrorists or whatever- their job is to create fear and cause panic and then take count of who in our midst is obedient .. don't get me wrong it is crazy outside but not to the point they're painting it. They make me sick!

format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Are you with your family, Skye? Stay safe!
Many of them are sleeping at work. schools are out and I am enjoying a quiet but otherwise loudly windy day at home - Al7mdullilah..

Allah swt will watch over us not the mayor of NY or the US govt. It is a natural thing.. if Allah swt intends for us to die in it, then we'll die as martyrs and if he intends us to live then we will live dignified in our homes in lieu of crappy shelters or crappy overbooked hotels which are also suffering the same plight anyway.

Ramadan90
10-29-2012, 08:10 PM

Not a scary thing at all. Western govt. just love to create fear and panic in people.. yesterday I was out to get a few items and every place was jam packed with panic stricken people it is actually quite comical. Then the constant drills of get out, the water and electricity will be gone. I just approach this with the same grain of salt when I watch their other news about those deadly terrorists or whatever- their job is to create fear and cause panic and then take count of who in our midst is obedient .. don't get me wrong it is crazy outside but not to the point they're painting it. They make me sick!

First, you are one brave muslim sister! :D Love it!

Media is very known for using scare tactics, but I saw some serious videos of what the hurricane caused. That looked scary. :S

glo
10-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Keep us posted how you are doing, Skye. Will you be at work?

جوري
10-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Allah swt will keep us safe in shaa Allah if he intends for us to live through this the same way he made the fire cool on prophet Abraham PBUH.. guess people here really don't believe that God plays any part in their lives.. I am not saying not to take precautions but just this vile panic & fear that's everywhere is so unnecessary!
I have had a major fight yesterday just trying to calm someone down. It is a hurricane for the love of God.. last time they did the same thing with Irene and we ended up evacuating and staying with relatives in the most uncomfortable night ever and you know what, nothing happened like they described, this time they start again with how much worse this is than Irene and how we're all stupid and jeopardizing the first aid response worker's lives.. in what way I can't imagine any of them are qualified to change a diaper let alone save a life.. Once people hand their lives over to some other authority they frankly deserve all that's coming their way.. It is as if God didn't create in them any faculties. Believe me it isn't bravery -- I think that's how our ancestors handled it.. they looked into the water saw tides, saw temperature and current changes and took precautions accordingly. Only these fools cause panic, or famine or whatever just to control the masses.
Even if it were as bad as they describe around the clock, still better to die with dignity at home than stranded somewhere else!

I am staying put in shaa Allah for now not going anywhere!
No work no school except for the people already at work who will sleep there!

Ramadan90
10-29-2012, 08:32 PM
May Allah pour blessings over you sister, for your bravery and healthy attitude.

Aprender
10-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Ameeeen.

جوري
10-29-2012, 08:35 PM
wa eyakoum
ameen

glo
10-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Does that mean you'll have time to write a story for the IB Story Contest??

Ramadan90
10-29-2012, 08:48 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9639934/Hurricane-Sandy-live-video.html#

Ramadan90
10-29-2012, 08:51 PM

Subhanallah! This hurricane will cause a lot of damage. How will US pay this when they have trillions of dollars in debt? This will cost A LOT of billions.

Hulk
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Did you guys see the news video where that one shirtless guy in a horse mask goes for a jog? Haha.. What the.. Anyway.. Stay safe american sisters/brothers. Trust in Allah, but tie your camel. :sl:

Ramadan90
10-29-2012, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Did you guys see the news video where that one shirtless guy in a horse mask goes for a jog? Haha.. What the.. Anyway.. Stay safe american sisters/brothers. Trust in Allah, but tie your camel. :sl:
LOL, I saw that! Some people seem to be bored with life. They are seeking adrenaline. That is what happens when you dont believe in Allah, sadly.

Jedi_Mindset
10-29-2012, 09:03 PM
The media is hyping up really bad, exaggerating but they do that everytime so no suprise. I have also a different opinion on this but i'm not gonna speak out because it will shock alot of people especially americans, and it is a matter of unseen so will probably leave it since everything is in the hands of Allah(SWT).

May Allah(SWT) keep all the muslim brothers and sisters living in the affected or soon-affected areas safe. Ameen.

Ramadan90
10-29-2012, 09:15 PM
http://instagram.com/p/RYWsGbpEG7/

~Zaria~
10-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I pray for the safety of all those who are/ will be in the middle of this storm insha Allah.

As Allah leashes His qoedrat upon His slaves - it is a means of testing some, while punishing others.
And while He loves for His servants to place their trust in Him, the following is also true:

Trust in Allah, but tie your camel.
For those who have the physical and material means to leave an area that is threatened by possible destruction, injury or loss of lives, then insha Allah take these precautious measures.
And trust that whatever Allah has decreed WILL happen.
Make the effort to protect yourself and your family (as far as is possible for you) AND trust in Allah.

Ya Allah, have mercy on your slaves, for You are the Most merciful, Most forgiving and Most compassionate.
Ameen.

:wa:

soloqi
10-30-2012, 04:05 AM
Not wanting to be misinterpreted, but is not the Hurricane the Will of Allah ? For all those effected by the Hurrican is it not God's will to bestow, in the grand scheme of things we lack the understanding to report such stories in a negative or tragic light.

God will such devastation may be needed to realign people perceptions. This event was meant to happen just like everything else is preordained...

YusufNoor
10-30-2012, 04:56 AM
um, watch this:

YusufNoor
10-30-2012, 05:01 AM
this is pretty cool though:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/flash-wv.html

or maybe:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/flash-wv.html

it interactive, you can add different...sorry you know what interactive means...

Purest! :raging:

May Allah keep you and yours safe!

tw009
10-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Its affecting us in Toronto:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...nkenstorm.html

soloqi
10-30-2012, 05:29 AM
Haarp...lol...please...unless you are directly involved in a black project and want to be a whistle blower please provide tangible evidence...but lets just way you are right...Was it not the will of Allah for such technology to be used in the first place. Haarp is Gods will...and well our human brains cannot comprehend the will of God, tis neither good nor bad...simply gods will.
(goes off to watch x-files and more government cover ups)

salam

CosmicPathos
10-30-2012, 06:27 AM
A woman has already died in Toronto from the complications of the hurricane (Staples board fell down on her and damaged her brain, probably hemorrhage or brainstem herniation).

I am not making a big deal out of this hurricane. Nor am I praying for kaafirs. Life moves on while on call.

جوري
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
We've no power no water - I am down to 20% on my phone which I am surprised works since nothing else does.
May Allah swt keep all the Muslims safe.

Periwinkle18
10-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope Everyones k cuz m really worried too take care sis Skye ur in my duas.

Snowflake
10-30-2012, 02:54 PM
May Allah protect you and yours and others beloved sis شَادِن and keep you all safe from the smallest of harm. Ameen. And may your level of iman be pleasing to Allah subhana wa ta 'ala. :)

Muwaahid
10-30-2012, 05:09 PM
“Winds and Hurricanes”
By the Noble Shaykh: Muhammad ibn Ahmad Al-feefee
(May Allah preserve him)

Translated by: Abu Nasir Saalik ibn Baldwin
Masjid Tawheed wa Sunnah

All thanks and praises belong to Allah, and may the peace and blessings be upon his messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم.

To proceed:

‘O Muslims… The Sunnah (way, methodology) of Allah, the Mighty & Majestic, as it relates to His servants, is that He will treat them in accordance with their actions. Therefore, when the people have taqwa (fear) of their Lord, the One who created them and provides for them, He causes blessings from the heavens to descend upon them, and He brings out for them, the good things from the earth. Just as He glorified is He, has stated:

{And if the people of the towns had believed and had taqwa (piety), certainly, We would have opened for them blessings from the heaven and the earth…} [Al-a’raf 7:96]

In addition, He, the Most High said,

{If they (non-Muslims) had believed in Allah, and went on the right way (i.e. Islam) We should surely have bestowed on them rain in abundance.} [al-Jinn 72:16],

and when the servant rebels against the legislation of Allah, and deviate away from His commands… the chastisement and punishment is brought upon them from the Magnificent, the Supreme.

Thus, whenever the servants are obedient to Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, obedient to His legislation…He showers upon them His blessings, and removes from them His afflictions/punishments.

Whenever the condition of the servants shift from obedience to disobedience, and grateful to ungrateful, then afflictions and punishments befall them and the blessings are removed from them.

Therefore, all of what occurs to the slaves from severe trial and afflictions, natural disasters, and calamities…then it is due to what their (own) hands have earned, and He pardons much, just as He, the Most High, has stated

{and whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned, and He pardons much.} [Ash-shuraa 42:30]

Even if we don’t bear witness to it, from these universal signs of Allah. It makes the believer one who connects with Allah… talking to him, thanking Him for His blessings; one who seeks refuge with Him, fearing His punishment and His displeasure.

He, the Mighty and Majestic, said: {And how many signs in the heavens and the earth they pass by, while they are apathetic towards them} [Yusuf 12:105] Meaning that they do not ponder and reflect over them, nor do they take a lesson or warning from them.

‘O slaves of Allah, verily from the blessings of Allah upon us, is this air in which we breathe and due to our severe need of it, Allah has made it free and accessible to the creation in every place, and without cost or wealth, but when this air becomes polluted by the Divine Decree (of Allah), and benefitting from it is no longer possible then verily the state of the people will become difficult and constricted. Perhaps he will reach conditions of unconsciousness, or suffocation.

It has certainly come upon us, continually, in these days, severe winds accompanied by thick dust. The people have been harmed, and they have suffered damages from it and it has become evident/clear, their inability to repel it and defend against its harm, even by locking the doors and windows. So therefore, it reaches every place even if they were locked.

‘O Believers, verily the wind is an army, from the armies of Allah- the Most High- which nothing is able to withstand. Therefore, when it exceeds its normal velocity- By the permission of its Lord- cities are annihilated, building are demolished, trees are uprooted, and thus become a punishment for the one whose home it fell upon.

Therefore, when the people of ‘Ad became insolent and they said: (Who is more severe than us in strength). Allah sent down upon them the barren wind; so He- the Mighty and Majestic said: {and in ‘Ad (there is also a sign) when We sent against them the barren wind; it spared nothing that it, but blew it into spreads of rotten ruins} [Az-zariyat 51:41-42]

Baghawi said: “It is that which has no good in it, or blessing, nor does it pollinate any trees. It does not spare anything that it encounters from their persons, (i.e. themselves) their livestock, their cattle, and their wealth except that it makes it like broken spreads and rotten ruins. Meaning: like anything worn out/ decayed ruined, and destroyed: Also like the nabaat (plants, trees, flowers, herbs, bushes, grass, vines, green algae, fem, etc.) of the earth when it has been dried out and trampled upon. Mujahid said: like dry, waterless straw or hay. (Tafsir al-Baghawi)

Surely, Allah- Most High- named this wind عَاتِيَةٍ Atiyah (violent, furious, strong) in His statement.
{As for Ad, they were destroyed by furious violent wind!} [Al-Haqqah 69:6]

The scholars of Tafsir said: It was brought upon them without mercy or blessing, and it said: It was brought upon the storage places (i.e. for wealth) then it left it bankrupt!

How could this not be the case!? And it is an army from the armies of Allah…He assists with it (i.e. His army) whomever He wishes from His believing slaves, just as it occurred in the conquest (battle) of the trenches.

Allah, Most High said: {‘O you who believe! Remember Allah’s favor upon you, when there came against you hosts and We sent against them a wind and forces that you saw not (i.e. troops of angels during the battle of Al-Ahzab [the confederates]). And Allah is ever All-seer of what you do. [Al-Ahzab]

Narrated ibn Abee Najih from Mujahid (1), he said: It is the east wind. It turned their cooking pots over and took away their tents until it made them decamp/ leave. (Meanings of the Qur’an by: Abu Ja’far An-Nihas).[1]

It has been collected by Bukhari and Muslim, and other than them, from the Hadith of ibn Abbas, who said: The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه و سلم said “the help came from the Saba, and Ad was destroyed by the daboor” (the sabaa, it is the eastern wind, and the daboor, it is the westernly wind.) [Explanation of Nawawee]

Narrated ‘Aisha رضى الله عنها, she said concerning the messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه و سلم.

“If it was a day of wind and clouds- the concern would show on his face, and he would turn and slip away. Then if it rained, he was happy with it, and that caused him to forget about it. Aisha said: “So I asked him about this; he said: “I fear that there will be a punishment inflicted upon my nation.” (Collected by Muslim)

When a wind would blow violently, the prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم used to say

(‘O Allah! Verily I ask you for the best good of it, and the best of what is in it, and the best of what You have sent with it, and I seek refuge with You from the evil of it, and the evil of what is in it, and the evil of what you sent with it.” (Recorded by Muslim)

Allah said about the people of Hud, when He sent upon them the wind: “Then, when they saw it as a dense cloud coming toward their valleys, they said, “This is a good cloud bringing us rain!” Nay, but it is that (torment) which you were asking to be hastened! A wind wherein is a painful torment!” [Al-Ahqaf 46:24]

Therefore, they did not think about the cloud which overshadowed them, except that it had an apparent form/existence, perhaps caused by the downpour of rain. Particularly, since they were barren, people who were in need of rain. However, this nebula or cloud was nothing except punishment! Ibn Katheer has conveyed in his tafseer on the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar, he said: “Wind is eight (i.e. has eight parties): four from it is mercy and four from it is punishment.

So as for the winds of mercy: Then they are the winds that scatter clouds, and those winds precede the rain, the winds that come in succession, and the winds that scatter dust.

As for the winds of punishment: Then they are the barren wind, and the violent winds, both of them are in the mainland; and the storm wind, and the roaring wind with thunder, and they are both in the sea.

So if he willed, Glorified is He, to set it in motion with a merciful movement, then He would make it comfortable, generous and a sign of His impending Mercy, and the pollination for the clouds, just as He uses the man to pollinate the woman for pregnancy.

And if Allah wills, He sets it in motion with movements of punishments, then makes it barren, and it brings a grievous punishment…making it a trial upon whomever He wills from amongst His slaves. Then He makes it violent & furious, and causing decay & ruin when it passes through out.

(Tafsir Ibn Katheer) {Volume 3 p. 43 Arabic only version}

’O Muslims, just as the wind is an army from the armies of Allah (that) He inflicts it upon whomever He wills. Then verily it is also a creation from the creation of Allah…He makes it subservient to whomever He wills from amongst His slaves. He, the Master, The Blessed & Most High said, “And to Solomon (we subjected) the wind, strongly raging, running by His command towards the land which We have blessed; and of everything We are the All-Knower.” [Al-Anbiya 21:81]

He, the Most High, also said, “And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month’s (journey) and its afternoon (stride from midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month’s journey. (Saba 34:12) Therefore, he traveled, in one day, the distance of 2 months. (Zad- al- Maseer Vol. 6 p. 43 Ibn al-jawzee)

Verily, many of the countries, nations, and societies…the majority of them do not pay attention to these winds and hurricanes, considering accountability (punishment). Therefore, they read the weather conditions, and predict the time and place of its occurrences and take precautions because of it. While they busy themselves with precautionary measures and preparation of shelter/refuge… but with all of this, it does nothing, except that it leaves them with nothing but loss and misfortune in their lives, wealth, and total destruction of their possessions!

“O Muslims, verily, from what is befitting is to warn against the attribution of these manifestation to nature…Just like some call it (the anger of nature) likewise some of them say, “Verily, this is a manifestation of nature.” The reasons for it are well known. No connection (is made) to it with regard to the actions of the people and their disobedience. Likewise, it is on the tongues of the some of the journalists and those in charge of notifying the people…to the extent that the people are at the point where they are not afraid of its occurrences, nor do they take a warning from it.

The eminent scholar, Ibn Uthaimeen (May Allah have mercy on him) said:

“And we do not negate the fact that there are tangible reasons for it, but who is the one who provides these tangible reasons? Verily, the tangible reasons do not exist, except with the command of Allah, the Mighty, and Majestic. Allah, by His wisdom, has made for everything, a reason, or a tangible reason. Like this Allah’s Sunnah happens…Almighty and Majestic.

I seek refuge with Allah from the accursed satan “ so We punished each (of them) for his sins, of them were some on whom We set hasib (a violent wind with shower of stones) [As the people of Lut (lot)], and of them, were some who were overtaken by as-saihad (torment-awful cry, (as Thamud’s or Shuaib’s people)], and of them were some whom We caused the earth to swallow [as Qarun (Korah)], and of them were some whom We drowned [ as the people of Nuh (Noah), or the Firaun (Pharaoh) and his people]. It was not Allah who wronged them; rather they wronged them-selves. [Al-‘Ankabut 29:40]

‘O Muslims! Verily from amongst the people is he who complains when he sees wind and dust, and perhaps he had become insolent, so he cursed it and reviles it… and this is a matter that the messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم has forbidden…where he said: “(Do not revile(abuse) the wind. So if you have seen what you dislike then say; Verily, we ask you for the best of this wind, and the best of what is in it, and the best of what you ordered it with, and we seek refuge with you from the evil of this wind, and from the evil of what is in it, and the evil of what you have commanded with.)At- Tirmidhi 7315

He also said: “Do not abuse/revile the wind, for verily, it is from the spirits sent from Allah, the Most high. It brings forth mercy and it brings forth punishment, therefore ask Allah for the best of it and seek refuge with Allah from the evil of it” [Collected by Ahmad and it has been declared authentic by Albani 7316]

From what is befitting is the warning against the statements of some of the people. Such as, “’O Allah! Make it a mercy and do not make a punishment. ‘O Allah! Make it multiple winds (breezes) and do not make it a (violent) wind.) This is an extremely weak narration. [This Hadith has been graded da’eef al-jaami, by Shaykh Al-bani 4461] The only thing that has been confirmed from the Sunnah of the messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم is what we mentioned previously…

Therefore, let us fear Allah,’O Muslims, and let us take the means of success, for verily, the destruction of the people and their success is restricted to what their (own) hands have earned. So let us take a lesson from those around us, and let us take a lesson from what occurs to the people, other than us.

Ibn Mas’ood was speaking in the masjids, “Verily, the One who is wretched is he who becomes wretched in the belly of his mother, and the one who is happy, is he who takes a lesson from others.” (Shades of paradise)

We ask Allah that He guides the misguidance of the Muslims, that He provides us all with the understanding of the religion, and that He makes you and us from the righteous servants!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Translator note: (1) He is Abee Ja’far an-nihas, who died in 338h. in Fustat aka Misr-al-Fustat. Fustat is a part of old Cairo in Egypt.

Endymion
10-30-2012, 05:16 PM
62. No doubt! Verily, the Auliya' of Allah [i.e. those who believe in the Oneness of Allah and fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which he has forbidden), and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)], no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve , -

10. Surah Yunus (Jonah)

Inshallah,shishti Shadin will be safe and i believe this in my heart Allah SWT wil bless her long life as she is one brave,wise,patient and pious Muslimah who trust Allah in hard times and i love it hard times dont harm her sense of humor :wub: May Allah SWT protect this precious jewl.And May Allah SWT help and protect all the Muslims and all the people there and make this storm a sign for them to bring them back to hidayah like it did with the people of Younus AS.

Muhaba
10-30-2012, 06:16 PM
We can pray for kaffirs, for their safety and their guidance, before their death. After they die as kaffirs, we cannot pray for their forgiveness because a kaffir will never be forgiven by Allah. Even Prophet Ibrahim prayed for the nation of Prophet Lot (Lut AS) when the angels told him that they were to be destroyed. But such duas/prayers don't affect Allah's decision. When the time of a nation's destruction comes, then nothing can stop it or delay it. (Note: kaffir means disbeliever who received the message of Islam and rejected it. While an unbeliever who hasn't received the message at all, his/her affiar is in Allah's Hand. Allah has knowledge about his/her faith and life/deeds and will deal with him/her accordingly.)

hurricanes and other "natural disasters" are actually the punishments of Allah for man's wrongdoing. We have many examples of such disasters in the Quran, where Allah distroyed nations for their transgression. However, those disbelievers were distroyed immediately without being given time to escape. Americans on the other hand were given time to escape the hurricane. This storm could've struck in moments instead of coming slowly, giving time to those who wanted to leave its path.

One reason for this may be that the american public is ignorant of Islam. it may be that no one preached to them about Islam so they are ignorant of Islam and Allah gives them time to get guidance. If a people haven't received dawah, then Allah doesn't kill them with His Wrath, as was the case of the nation of Prophet Jonah (Yunus). Prophet Yunis (AS)....... was swallowed by a whale. In the meantime Allah sent a wrath on his people. When they saw the signs of the wrath, they realized that Prophet yunis (AS) was true and so they repented. Allah removed the wrath from them and gave them another chance. When Prophet Yunis was freed from the belly of the whale and returned to his nation, the whole nation accepted islam.

Also, we know from the Quran that when a wrath of Allah is coming, the right thing to do is to escape to a safer place. Prophet Noah (AS) was instructed that there would be a flood and he should take all believers and animal pairs with him in the boat. When the flood started, Prophet Noah (AS) advised his son to join him in the boat. The son, who was an unbeliever, refused and said he would climb a mountain and would be saved. But nothing could save him from Allah's Wrath and so he was also killed in the wrath. (See Surah Al-Araf).
So arrogance, saying "i'll go to a higher floor in the building" or "we live high up" is not right. Had those people realized that hurricane Sandy is a wrath of Allah and Allah may destroy the people with it, they might not have said such things. High-rise buildings can't save anyone, as proven by the news about hurrican sandy. already we have news that hundreds of buildings caught fire and their inhabitants had to be rescued by rescue-workers. And some buildings were shaking because of the high wind speeds.

Those caught in the hurricane with no way of escaping should seek Allah's forgiveness, say astaghfirrullah and who knows Allah might save them from perishing.

جوري
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi you guys - wow I am so touched by all this du3a ma shaa Allah pls keep all our brothers and sisters who are oppressed in du3a more intense in shaa Allah and with every prayer.
We are still without power or electricity or water the hospital next door their generators mal functioned and had to transport their ICU patients I found that amusing given how they were mocking the Egyptian govt. recently for a similar incident that happened during Ramadan but then the Egyptian hospital didn't rate itself top ten in the world as they are so apt at doing here. But that's a digression I hooked my cell to the computer to charge it so I can hear what's going on they still don't know when the power will come back I suspect they just wanna milk it for a while any chance to make money I guess.
I managed one of those good old fashioned showers by heating the kettle lol but I don't think it's a thing I can give up although I can give up just about everything else.
Not sure this storm is a natural act or synthesized by the govt. They live self praising self aggrandizing and undue fear at any rate the worse is over in shaa Allah - cant get in touch with some of my relatives last I heard trees fell down and ruined their power line. I think in my area they just shut it because water and electricity don't mix.
At any rate thank you all for your concern and du3a even in the worse of it I didn't feel fear but felt the doors of heaven open for prayer al7mdullilah I made du3a for all of you and for the Muslims suffering everywhere I ask you to do the same in shaa Allah- it's amazing how many things you can give up or concessions you can make a world full if darkness can make people more aggressive or more resourceful it's a choice.

Glo- not sure why my answer is disappointing the only du3a I can make for a kaffir is for guidance and if they refuse that then why waste du3a that can go to people who do need it and those who are grateful? I owe them nothing and their du3a if they make is also meaningless to a Muslim - anyone who doesn't supplicate to Allah swt supplicates to the devil and that's not something we need!

A-Brother
10-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Due To 'Our' Sins - - Always Refer To YourSelves Too Because This Could Be Happening Because Of Our Ignorance

May Allah Save Us From His Punishment In This World In The Hereafter. May He Guide Us All On To The Straight Path.

Woodrow
10-30-2012, 09:07 PM
wa eyakoum
ameen
Aabidah was just now thinking of you and I found this thread. You and yours are in our Du'as

جوري
10-30-2012, 09:20 PM
We will be without power or sanitation or water for a week they say :(
Thank you all for the du3a- this is a good time to think of the plight of our brothers and sisters in Myanmar, Syria, Palestine and many other places who not only live under these stringent conditions but also with a threat to their lives - sob7an Allah just like Ramadan makes us feel their hunger days like these also make us feel the other horrible circumstances they endure!

glo
10-30-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't want to waste my remaining battery!
How are you going to manage without power for another week?
Have you got heating? Food?

Hulk
10-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Not sure what to say except to once again say stay safe sis :) I've been in a situation of showering with pails before and of course as guy I don't need it to be "warmed up" but man I was so happy when I finally returned to warm water from a shower head. Such a blessing.

glo
10-30-2012, 09:54 PM
I've been in a situation of showering with pails before and of course as guy I don't need it to be "warmed up" but man I was so happy when I finally returned to warm water from a shower head. Such a blessing.
That reminds me of last year, when we were without hot water and heating for a week during a cold snap in November (mostly because hubby was determined to fix the problem himself. LOL)
Luckily we have a gas cooker in the kitchen and a wood-burning stove in the sitting room - so at least we could cook, boil hot water and have one warm room in the house.
We learned that it is okay to wash with a bucket full of warm water whilst standing in the shower.

And yes, we had a great sense of gratitude when the heating system was finally working again.

جوري
10-30-2012, 10:22 PM

@glo we've food question is how long it will survive in a fridge with no power and of course no sanitation and no water I took major liberty with the reserves of water thinking they'll restore it right away and now theyre saying a week 'the good news they allege'

Aprender
10-30-2012, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
This is pretty shameful. I'm surprised and disappointed that more people aren't calling this out.
So a sister on this forum and certainly a few other members here were in the wrath of a storm, and are without water, electricity and proper food storage for a while and you're mad because they won't take the time out to pray for kaffirs? Okayy.... I think most people in the wrath of the storm would appreciate some help right about now. Kaffir or not.

I didn't think it was mandatory to pray for kaffir aside from asking Allah to guide them from time to time. Quite frankly if you don't have anything nice to say, especially when making dua, it's better to stay silent, no? Glad they're being honest instead of putting on a facade of rainbow happy unicorns while holding hands and singing 'We are the world'. There is a bigger issue at hand now.

I'm not justifying it but when Muslims are blown up, killed, or natural disasters strike in other parts of the world, some people in America don't care and weren't praying for them or offering aid money but saying good riddance and they deserved it. So it's OK for them to not want to pray for Muslims but if a Muslim is honest and says he or she doesn't want to pray for a non-Muslim they deserve to be attacked for that? They don't have to. Both sides have that right. Perhaps you should be jumping on your fellow Americans for not doing more to help others in underdeveloped countries, no? Sandy was bad but we are blessed here in the U.S. to at least be able to rebuild and move on from that. Other countries don't even have that luxury.

If you don't have anything supportive or helpful to say other than criticizing this sister and brother for not praying for kaffirs then kindly stay out of the thread. There is a time and place for everything. This is not one of them.

Re.TiReD
10-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Still not heard from all our American members :(, may Allah (swt) keep you safe sis Purest Ambrosia and all our other brothers and sisters out there

جوري
10-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Walahi it's a miracle I have net access with my cell which is down to 9% I have used up two laptops charging it marginally but we've nothing that's why you've not heard from them. Some folks are homeless or their homes burned down but they're not sure how the fires started.. We're living by candle light and no toilets lol

Darth Ultor
10-31-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm okay. My town didn't get hit bad.

joyous fairy
10-31-2012, 03:39 AM
I've just come on after while and been watching the news about this.

May Allah (swt) keep you all safe. Aneen.

Ameen to above duas too.

Snowflake
10-31-2012, 07:25 AM
^Ameen. Thinking of you sis Shadin. May Allah accept all our duas. Ameen.

Muhaba
10-31-2012, 10:40 AM
I have "distant" relatives in NYC with whom I haven't had contact with in ages, neither did they ever bother to contact me. I wonder how they are now. I hope they're doing ok and didn't get hurt. Ameen to the duas for all our brothers and sisters in USA and all the good people too. Allah help them and give them guidance. as for duas for evildoers, below are the words of Prophet Noah (AS) from Surah Nuh after getting tired of the persecution and the arrogance and ridicule of his people.

Chapter 71 (Nuh) of the Quran:

Indeed, We sent Noah to his people, [saying], "Warn your people before there comes to them a painful punishment."

He said, "O my people, indeed I am to you a clear warner,

[Saying], 'Worship Allah , fear Him and obey me.

Allah will forgive you of your sins and delay you for a specified term. Indeed, the time [set by] Allah , when it comes, will not be delayed, if you only knew.' "

He said, "My Lord, indeed I invited my people [to truth] night and day.

But my invitation increased them not except in flight.

And indeed, every time I invited them that You may forgive them, they put their fingers in their ears, covered themselves with their garments, persisted, and were arrogant with [great] arrogance.

Then I invited them publicly.

Then I announced to them and [also] confided to them secretly

And said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Indeed, He is ever a Perpetual Forgiver.

He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers

And give you increase in wealth and children and provide for you gardens and provide for you rivers.

What is [the matter] with you that you do not attribute to Allah [due] grandeur

While He has created you in stages?

Do you not consider how Allah has created seven heavens in layers

And made the moon therein a [reflected] light and made the sun a burning lamp?

And Allah has caused you to grow from the earth a [progressive] growth.

Then He will return you into it and extract you [another] extraction.

And Allah has made for you the earth an expanse

That you may follow therein roads of passage.' "

Noah said, "My Lord, indeed they have disobeyed me and followed him whose wealth and children will not increase him except in loss.

And they conspired an immense conspiracy.

And said, 'Never leave your gods and never leave Wadd or Suwa' or Yaghuth and Ya'uq and Nasr.

And already they have misled many. And, [my Lord], do not increase the wrongdoers except in error."

Because of their sins they were drowned and put into the Fire, and they found not for themselves besides Allah [any] helpers.

And Noah said, "My Lord, do not leave upon the earth from among the disbelievers an inhabitant.

Indeed, if You leave them, they will mislead Your servants and not beget except [every] wicked one and [confirmed] disbeliever.

My Lord, forgive me and my parents and whoever enters my house a believer and the believing men and believing women. And do not increase the wrongdoers except in destruction."

InToTheRain
10-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Ameen to all the Duas regards to those affected. Read there are signs of recovery in Eastern US so Insha'Allah the worst maybe over for now... An estimated £12 Billion in damage caused. Sincerely hoping money invested occupying other nations and supporting isreal be used to rebuild this and more. lets get all them troops back.

I heard Obama was going to ground 0; let's hope it's not for fishing
Attachment 5185

~Zaria~
10-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Brothers and sisters, apart from being Muslim, we are also Human.

When I see a picture of a person who is starving in north africa, or whose leg has been lost from a land-mine, or whose home has been destroyed by natural disaster.....or any type of suffering - I do not ask myself: 'Is he/ she muslim?', before deciding whether to feel sorrow or not.
No. I feel that persons pain irrespective of his race/ colour/ creed.....or religious background.

And i hope you do too.

This is what makes us Human.

If muslims are permitted to give sadaqah (charity) to non-muslims......and care for non-muslim patients (with a genuine desire to see that person recover from his/her illness)......and assist any person who is in need,
Then, why do we find it so hard to make duaa to Allah, for their plights as well?

They may be disbelievers, but they suffer the same.

Or is our aid only superficial? We act, but in our hearts we dont really desire any good??

Yes, we should pray for their guidance.
But - pray for your own too!

The One who has guided You to Islam.....can very easily, take You out of the fold of imaan, if He so desires.

Do we just assume that because we are muslims now, that Allah is pleased with us? that jannah is readily awaiting us?

Realise this: the very one who is currently despised for his disbelief, may actually enter Jannah before you - should this be Allahs decree.

If Allah can be so merciful that He continues to sustain and care for those who openly deny His existence.......then who are we to be so harsh in our responses?

Of course, once death passes, we can no longer pray for a disbeliever.
But, before that - we can pray for their guidance and their welfare.

Because, that very disbeliver may be the one who pulls you from out from beneath the rubble/ fights to save your life/ assists you when in you are in need.

Remember: We hate the sin, not the sinner.

May Allah guide us all towards that which is pleasing to Him.
And protect and shower His mercy upon all of His creation - those in poverty, sickness and suffering every type of calamity.

May He fill our hearts with mercy and love for each other, for His mercy far outweighs ours.
Ameen

glo
10-31-2012, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
May Allah guide us all towards that which is pleasing to Him.
And protect and shower His mercy upon all of His creation - those in poverty, sickness and suffering every type of calamity.
May He fill our hearts with mercy and love for each other, for His mercy far outweighs ours.
Ameen
That's beautiful!
Amen to that.

Mustafa2012
10-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Walahi it's a miracle I have net access with my cell which is down to 9% I have used up two laptops charging it marginally but we've nothing that's why you've not heard from them. Some folks are homeless or their homes burned down but they're not sure how the fires started.. We're living by candle light and no toilets lol
:salamext:

You are very brave to have stayed put.

It's not recommended to put yourself into difficulty if have another option. I'm sure you have your reasons.

There's a way to charge a mobile phone using normal batteries. You can get a special device. It's like an emergency charger available in most electrical stores.

Anyway, good to hear you have not been affected that much. :alhamd:

Insha Allaah I pray that you and all others affected are able to get back to normal ASAP.

جوري
11-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Been another difficult day in the dark and no one is civil I got into a fight with some Lowely maintenance guy about trying a fountain for some water - I don't want to get into any more details because again I don't want to waste battery life discussing morons!
I think the whole thing is planned and well coordinated- thanks akhi (above) for the post even people in hotels are afflicted by the same - this thing is pokitical - if you walk down a few streets everything is back to normal they're just cooking something and at the same time saving a ton and bleeding us as is typical!

Periwinkle18
11-01-2012, 02:40 AM
Aww may Allah help ur take care sis

Mustafa2012
11-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Been another difficult day in the dark and no one is civil I got into a fight with some Lowely maintenance guy about trying a fountain for some water - I don't want to get into any more details because again I don't want to waste battery life discussing morons!
I think the whole thing is planned and well coordinated- thanks akhi (above) for the post even people in hotels are afflicted by the same - this thing is pokitical - if you walk down a few streets everything is back to normal they're just cooking something and at the same time saving a ton and bleeding us as is typical!
Maybe now would be a good time to visit some nearby friends or relatives until everything's back to normal?

Re: the water. You've got to style it out if you know what I mean.

جوري
11-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Hopefully they'll visit in shaa Allah... I've done a lot of physical labor today not that I am complaining were it not for that vile cretin who just ruined my day that much more.
I feel tired and if you know anything about me I am quite stoic and exercise a lot whatever skills I'd they came in handy today! I'd my phone charged and squandered it all reading the news, writing a complaint against the moron which I know will go unheard but at least it was a good catharsis and checked email. Virtual life is so much better than the real thing.
I am not able to think of how to ration water I am so habitual I can be in the desert and will still waste all my drinking water on a shower. Just not sure how much longer we will be able to tolerate not going to the bathroom!
People become less civilized and the creeps making the rules and policing the city are abusive and liberal about it!

ardianto
11-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Perhaps we can pray that he will keep non-Muslims safe too? :(
May Allah save all people in that area, whatever their religion.

Of course Muslims can pray for non-Muslim safety. :)

ardianto
11-01-2012, 05:27 AM
I am not able to think of how to ration water I am so habitual I can be in the desert and will still waste all my drinking water on a shower. Just not sure how much longer we will be able to tolerate not going to the bathroom!
People become less civilized and the creeps making the rules and policing the city are abusive and liberal about it!
:sl:

Sabr, sabr, be patience. May Allah help you to pass this hard time, sister.

Mustafa2012
11-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Hopefully they'll visit in shaa Allah... I've done a lot of physical labor today not that I am complaining were it not for that vile cretin who just ruined my day that much more.
I feel tired and if you know anything about me I am quite stoic and exercise a lot whatever skills I'd they came in handy today! I'd my phone charged and squandered it all reading the news, writing a complaint against the moron which I know will go unheard but at least it was a good catharsis and checked email. Virtual life is so much better than the real thing.
Don't waste your precious battery and energy at a time like this on muppets. Save it. Try to have sabr :ia: and make a lot of du'aa.

Try to find a local community center where you can use toilets and get water etc. Ask around. They must have something available and set up for people affected in your area. If not, just look out for some muslim families and ask for help. I'm sure they would be willing to help at a time like this.

:ia: This will all be over soon.

Snowflake
11-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Al hamdulillah, I'm just glad to see you are safe and well sis Shadin. Keep reciting the dua of Prophet Yunus (as) precious sis and save your battery to keep us updated insha Allah : )

جوري
11-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Lol akhi you're not familiar with Gotham - families don't help families here and therrs no point seeking it. Furthermore as the Arabic adage goes اللي يخرج من داره يتقل مقداره as you said we'll bear with this with good patience in sha'Allah- will try to spend the days as normal ourside the house and we will try to manage the rest in sha Allah- then when able will raise hell in sha Allah against these self congratulating kaffirs!

Tarek_
11-01-2012, 11:07 AM
is it over already?

Snowflake
11-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Praying and waiting to hear from you insha Allah sis.

Fi aman Allah.

جوري
11-02-2012, 12:56 AM
It's not over I carried 24lbs of ice today after traveling miles to find a store that rationed water - it's all so funny!

Mustafa2012
11-02-2012, 02:04 AM

It's not over I carried 24lbs of ice today after traveling miles to find a store that rationed water - it's all so funny!
That's almost 10 kg's! I hope you were using like a shopping trolley or something.

Well at least you're getting out and about and able to get some (ice) water finally eh!

Good to hear you're still alive, and in one piece? :alhamd:

جوري
11-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Yes al7mdullilah in one piece - carried it the old fashioned way and in ridiculously high Pedro Garcia shoes too lol been carrying 9 lbs max but this required motivation so I was chanting the nasheed ya shaheed reminded me of a good friend who'd always chant it right before making a killer chess move! When my dad asked me how I lugged that I said I like to whistle and sing and he had a laugh but said that would waste energy than conserve it. My hands were shaking so much after a while I felt weak especially that we're eating canned stuff and no room in the sink or dishwasher for plates.
But we're generally having an ok time were it not for some aspects. We read, we talk we paint we listen to beautiful recitation under candle lights. I'd not mind this life if it came with indoor plumbing and water. No TV no news no bull and people actually talk to each other from the minute I left the house to the one I came back people were chatting me and I them. Only officials and management are dogs the rest of the people though ready to explode are otherwise nice!

Darth Ultor
11-02-2012, 03:35 AM
I love people saying that it's a sign of the endtimes, this hurricane. I thought the natural disasters of the endtimes was supposed to be earthquakes and flaming haistones.

Snowflake
11-02-2012, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012

Good to hear you're still alive, and in one piece? :alhamd:
Al hamdulillah. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah.

islamica
11-02-2012, 01:03 PM
The gay community once again blamed for Hurricane Sandy

For the second time in less than a week, homosexuals are being blamed for Hurricane Sandy's devastation across much of the east coast.

On Monday, Digital Journal reported that author and chaplain John McTernan claimed gays and President Obama's support of marriage equality were responsible for Hurricane Sandy's trek towards the United States.

On his blog, McTernan writes:

"I am not saying this super destructive hurricane was because of the homosexual act. The Holy God of Israel will judge individuals for their sinful acts.
What I am saying is the judgment is for the government promoting homosexual “marriage” as an ordinance. Once a nation legalizes sin, like abortion and homosexual “marriage”: that nation falls under the direct judgment of the Holy God of Israel. God does not destroy a nation right away but first warns."

In another blog post, McTernan blames homosexuals, as well as President Obama and Gov. Romney, for the impending storm, saying:

"A pro-homosexual Mormon along with a pro-abortion/homosexual, Muslim Brotherhood promoter, Hard Left Fascist are running for president. And there is no cry of repentance from God’s people! I see this storm as a warning from the LORD to call His church to repentance, This might be the last call from the Holy God of Israel."

On Wednesday, Rabbi Noson Leiter, executive director of Torah Jews for Decency, appeared on VCY's Crosstalk. During the interview, Leiter says Lower Manhattan was flooded because it is "one of the national centers of homosexuality."
He went on to say:

"The Great Flood in the time of Noah was...triggered by the recognition of same-gender marriages. The Lord will not bring another flood to destroy the entire world, but He could punish particular areas with a flood."

Neither Leiter nor McTernan explained why Hurricane Sandy also devastated much of Cuba and Haiti.
This is not the first time gays and lesbians have been blamed for natural disasters. McTernan also blamed Hurricane Issac on gays and a New Orlean's event called Southern Decadence, saying:

"Let’s all watch this very closely, because if New Orleans is destroyed, it is a sure sign that the final judgment for the national sin of America has arrived."

Although the Louisiana parish of Plaquemines received heavy damage, New Orleans received very little damage according to Voice of America. The Southern Decadence event went on as planned.

During a September 2006 Fresh Air interview with NPR's affiliate station WHYY, John Hagee, senior pastor of San Antonio's Cornerstone Church, was asked is he believed homosexuals were to blame for Hurricane Katrina. Hagee responded by saying:

"There was to be a homosexual parade on the Monday that the Katrina came. I believe that the Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans".

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/335936#ixzz2Ays6NQ6e

جوري
11-02-2012, 01:21 PM
:haha: about supporting the Muslim brotherhood those Christian/ zionists are such hoots.
And yet there are Muslims here so enraged by our lack of prayers to these blood thirsty war mongering kaffirs.
Meh whatever punishment befalls none are excluded especially those mangod worshipping and the spawn of satan they support who were probably experimenting with disaster anyway the same way they do the most basic of things like agriculture!

islamica
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
And yet there are Muslims here so enraged by our lack of prayers to these blood thirsty war mongering kaffirs.
I've seen only converts with such mentality, same ones that go to their own little forums and mock the Muslims of this forum and other forums for being too "religious" .

sister herb
11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Salam alaykum

Everyone prays for what they believe to be right - for muslims only or for all people for humanity too.

And Allah knows the best.

Naeema
11-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Alhamdulliah, our home was spared and the nearby damage was minimal. In no way to I seek to diminish the aggravation that شَادِنُ and others in the area are experiencing. I was struck by this quotation from someone else in New York this week, which reflects a bit on what she said earlier:
I won't belabor this point but it needs being said: Being without electricity, running water, modern plumbing is the normal state of affairs for a shockingly high proportion of the world's people. What is extraordinary, headline-grabbing, in Manhattan is ordinary and overlooked elsewhere. ...

We will live here, in these conditions, for a few days. Our homeless population lives in it everyday here. And it is an entire life elsewhere.

aamirsaab
11-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Can we please get back to the topic now?

Thanks

glo
11-02-2012, 09:36 PM
It's nice to see when disasters and difficult circumstances bring out this kind of generosity and care towards each other in people:

IslamicRevival
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
I hope every single person (Muslim and Non Muslim) make it out safely. This Hurricane could be a message to those people who continue to wage war against Islam and spread lies against our beloved Nabi (Infinite peace and blessings be upon him). I dont think its a coincidence the Hurricane devasted parts of America soon after the Anti Islam Movie was published.

Allah knows best

glo
11-02-2012, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
I dont think its a coincidence the Hurricane devasted parts of America soon after the Anti Islam Movie was published.
I think we should be careful not to speculate on the reasons for this disaster. It's all too easy to let our own hearts and desires become 'the will of God'.

Allah knows best.

Tyrion
11-02-2012, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
This Hurricane could be a message to those people who continue to wage war against Islam and spread lies against our beloved Nabi (Infinite peace and blessings be upon him). I dont think its a coincidence the Hurricane devasted parts of America soon after the Anti Islam Movie was published.
Don't be one of those people... And don't forget, the hurricane didn't just hit America.

sister herb
11-02-2012, 10:35 PM
We could also speculate that this was punishment to all human kind because we don´t care about our environment but in cause of warming of climate we cause storms (if it causes them - scientists are not unanimous for reasons).

:nervous:

islamica
11-02-2012, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
We could also speculate that this was punishment to all human kind because we don´t care about our environment but in cause of warming of climate we cause storms (if it causes them - scientists are not unanimous for reasons).

:nervous:
Global warming is just a gimmick of the west, some do it for money, others for the nobel peace prize and others for other reasons while some naively fall for it and believe in it. We may damage this planet but we are insects compared to it and the planet will heal itself. Natural disasters don't occur on their own, they are the work of God. For some it's a punishment while for others it's a test.

Muezzin
11-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Please do not tell me we are politicising a hurricane.

Because that would be ridiculous.

جوري
11-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Bravo sis - same applies for other concocted fears like population explosion and planned parenthood etc. in fact 7 bil people can fit in a place the size of Texas and have a house and a backyard!
I've learned in the past week just how uncivilized and barbaric people can be when you take away the Basics and there's no religiosity or internal compass to keep them in check they gouge you and make your life intolerable for brevity' sake a small bottle of water cost $3.00 yesterday today a gallon was a buck and there was more of it that could ever fly off the shelves given the restoration that occurred in that particular area and vicinity!
What governs these people is propaganda and their not so mighty dollar and nothing else. Btw people were charging to have you use their outlets to recharge so the photo above must have been acted - you've to live in it to appreciate the magnitude of what's happening!
For me personally I have learned a few things and most important is true solidarity with brothers and sisters over seas. And I really do believe this is a punishment from God indeed! But who will take heed. اللهم عز الإسلام والمسلمين وذل الكفار والمشركين اللهم أمين و انصرنا على من عادانا واعفو عنا واغفر لنا وارحمنا وهب لنا خلافة راشدة على منهاج النبوة

sister herb
11-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Maybe the test but to all. May Allah forgive us our sins and help us all be more wise if it is His will.

I wish that kind of disasters would teach people be more tolerant to others and help those whose are in need. Also after when life returns normal again.

Snowflake
11-03-2012, 12:20 AM
I think we should be careful not to speculate on the reasons for this disaster. It's all too easy to let our own hearts and desires become 'the will of God'.

Allah knows best.
We believe that nothing happens without the will of Allah and it is Allah who has control of the winds. We may not know the specific reason for this disaster, but there is no doubt it was the Will Of God.

Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, and the ships which sail through the sea with that which is of use to mankind, and the water which Allaah sends down from the sky and makes the earth alive therewith after its death, and the moving {living} creatures of all kinds that He has scattered therein, and in the veering of winds and clouds which are held between the sky and the earth, are indeed aayaat {proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelation, etc.} for people of understanding.] Surat Al Baqarah{2:164}

islamica
11-03-2012, 12:29 AM
And I really do believe this is a punishment from God indeed! But who will take heed. اللهم عز الإسلام والمسلمين وذل الكفار والمشركين اللهم أمين و انصرنا على من عادانا واعفو عنا واغفر لنا وارحمنا وهب لنا خلافة راشدة على منهاج النبوة

“Evil (sins and disobedience to Allah) has appeared on land and sea because of what the hands of men have earned (by oppression and evil deeds), that He (Allah) may make them taste a part of that which they have done, in order that they may return (by repenting to Allah, and begging His Pardon)” [al-Room v.41]

“And We sent not the signs except to warn” [al-Israa’ v.59]

“Say: ‘He (Allah) has power to send torment on you from above or from under your feet, or to cover you with confusion in party strife, and make you to taste the violence of one another.’” [al-An’aam v. 65]

(Abu’l-Shaykh al-Isbahaani narrated from Mujaahid concerning the Tafseer of this aayah, “Say: ‘He has power to send torment on you from above”: (this means) al-Sayhah (the shout or tumult), stones and strong wind; “or from under your feet”, (means) earthquakes and being swallowed up by the earth.)

“And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much” [al-Shoora 42:30]

“Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allah, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself” [an-Nisaa’ v.79]

“Verily, We sent (Messengers) to many nations before you. And We seized them with extreme poverty (or loss in wealth) and loss in health (with calamities) so that they might humble themselves (believe with humility). When Our Torment reached them, why then did they not humble themselves (believe with humility)? But their hearts became hardened, and Satan made fair‑seeming to them that which they used to do” [al-An’aam v.42]

“…so We destroyed them for their sins …” [al-Anfaal v.54]

----------

In the saheeh hadeeth it says: “The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Al-Fadl ibn Sahl said: “There is a blessing in calamity that the wise man should not ignore, for it erases sins, gives one the opportunity to attain the reward for patience, dispels negligence, reminds one of blessings at the time of health, calls one to repent and encourages one to give charity. "

Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2999). So if calamity befalls a Muslim, he must say Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return), and say the du’aa’s that have been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Through calamity the believer seeks reward, and there is no way to attain it but patience, and there is no way to be patient except with resolute faith and strong will.

sister herb
11-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Of course the Will of Allah but we should be carefull if we start to think kind of matters happens as "punishment" for something or someones.

As we can´t know.

Only Allah knows. And this we have to accept, not claim some others. What if sin was mine? It is just waisting of everyones time what we could use for someting better. Like become better muslims by ourselves.

:heated:

جوري
11-03-2012, 12:37 AM
وَاتَّقُوا فِتْنَةً لَا تُصِيبَنَّ الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا مِنْكُمْ خَاصَّةً ۖ وَاعْلَمُوا أَنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ {25}
[Pickthal 8:25] And guard yourselves against a chastisement which cannot fall exclusively on those of you who are wrong-doers, and know that Allah is severe in punishment.

We become better Muslims by taking heed not pretending that people can behave like tyrants and commit every sin and not be held accountable!

sister herb
11-03-2012, 12:46 AM
And learn to help others, also after disasters. And tolerant them. Even they are different.

:statisfie

جوري
11-03-2012, 02:44 AM
I can't see well from my phone but I'd say that last dude is about a 46A- I wouldn't be toting a gun with gynecomastia just seems wrong!
In all seriousness if the sin were mine then hopefully as Muslims we make constant repentance and punishnent in and of itself is an expiation of sin. To view these disasters as anything other than a warning is indeed foolish!
Also nothing in Islam precludes helping others even a thirsty dog which I prefer to certain breeds of kaffirs- kind treatment toward man or animal is indeed Islamic but so what? Doesn't draw from the premise does it? You can fulfill someone's immediate needs and feed them what does that have to do with their morality religiosity or lack thereof?

glo
11-03-2012, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Unfortunately it seems to be in our human nature to want to twist events according to our own values and beliefs.

Did God bring this disaster to punish the US for the anti-Islam movie? Or proposed changes in law on same-sex marriage? Or our careless treatment of the environment? Or all of those? Or none?

By which theory we favour and spread, we learn something about each other's inner values and beliefs.

On the other hand, we could simply humble ourselves, accept that this is Allah's will and (whether we understand it or not), he has a purpose for it.
Perhaps his will is for us to help and support each other through this difficult time. (And there you have it - by writing that I have shared my own values and beliefs too. :p)

As Skye told us, people are chatting to each other in the streets much more than usual. :statisfie

Re.TiReD
11-03-2012, 11:42 AM

Thank you, that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't know how the thread took a different turn.

YusufNoor
11-03-2012, 12:47 PM

maybe you are right?

maybe we shouldn't politicize a hundred murders, Sandy.

maybe we shouldn't politicize tens of thousands of murders, Afghanistan.

maybe we shouldn't politicize hundreds of thousands of murders, Iraq.

maybe we shouldn't politicize Palestine.

maybe we should let the powers that be do whatever they want.

after all, it MUST be Allah's will.

and Allah NEVER tests us, right?

i mean, Muslims should just conform, right?

if evil rules, Allah has permitted it, so just accept it. right?

maybe...

maybe on Qiyama, when Allah hands you your book, you can just give it back and say, "I'm sorry. You willed it. Ergo, it is Your fault, NOT mine!"

let me know how that works for you...

ma Salaama

sister herb
11-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Maybe we can´t really compare "murders" by hurricane with murders made by people as equal?

^o)

Or should we sue hurricane to court in cause of deaths and damageds it caused?

Muezzin
11-03-2012, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

maybe you are right?

maybe we shouldn't politicize a hundred murders, Sandy.

maybe we shouldn't politicize tens of thousands of murders, Afghanistan.

maybe we shouldn't politicize hundreds of thousands of murders, Iraq.

maybe we shouldn't politicize Palestine.

maybe we should let the powers that be do whatever they want.

after all, it MUST be Allah's will.

and Allah NEVER tests us, right?

i mean, Muslims should just conform, right?

if evil rules, Allah has permitted it, so just accept it. right?
I'm struggling to understand how my original message implies any or all of the above.

maybe...

maybe on Qiyama, when Allah hands you your book, you can just give it back and say, "I'm sorry. You willed it. Ergo, it is Your fault, NOT mine!"
What? If that was directed at me, it's unfair, uncalled for and untrue.

let me know how that works for you...

ma Salaama
That rant was unneccessary but shows that you're missing the point.

This is a storm that has hit many countries, including Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica. That it only became a big deal when it hit the USA is the real tragedy, and what really makes me angry. Do people, (including Muslims) only care when American lives are affected or lost? Nobody else on Earth is worth anyone's attention? It's ridiculous.

If you're sad for the people affected, be sad for all of them, including the non-Americans, of which there are many.

If you think the people affected are being punished, why narrow it down to solely the Americans? As if this is their own personal punishment and everyone else is just collateral damage? It's absurd and offensive to all the others affected. Do you see where I'm coming from?

We don't know the plan of Allah, and it is foolish and counterproductive to speculate.

YusufNoor
11-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm struggling to understand how my original message implies any or all of the above.

100pp in the US, murdered. i wasn't discounting ANY others.

What? If that was directed at me, it's unfair, uncalled for and untrue.

i'm just saying that evil is evil it doesn't matter how they pull it off. we should oppose evil AND uncover it where ever we can

That rant was unneccessary but shows that you're missing the point.

it wasn't a rant at all. just a simple observation. if someone else is blinded by the propaganda put out by the corporate controlled media, and CHOOSES to remain so, then they help in covering up much evil. i would say that makes them an accessory after the fact. that makes THAT person guilty as well.

This is a storm that has hit many countries, including Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica. That it only became a big deal when it hit the USA is the real tragedy, and what really makes me angry. Do people, (including Muslims) only care when American lives are affected or lost? Nobody else on Earth is worth anyone's attention? It's ridiculous.

really? by comparing it to Aghanistan, Iraq and Palestine you arrived at the conclusion that i am only speaking about Americans? please tell me how you came to that conclusion.

If you're sad for the people affected, be sad for all of them, including the non-Americans, of which there are many.

again, tell me the thought process you used to arrive at that conclusion.

If you think the people affected are being punished, why narrow it down to solely the Americans? As if this is their own personal punishment and everyone else is just collateral damage? It's absurd and offensive to all the others affected. Do you see where I'm coming from?

where did i mention punishment? i said they were murdered.

We don't know the plan of Allah, and it is foolish and counterproductive to speculate.

is it foolish to speculate how someone was murdered? when someone is murdered, do we just say, "oh well, it is the plan of Allah" and then forget it?

why are there trials? why are there investigations?

if the pipe under your sink is leaking, do you just say, "oh well. it is the will of Allah" and just let it leak? or do you investigate the problem and try to fix it?

if your car gets a flat, do you just say, "oh well, it is the will of Allah" and continue your journey on foot?

when you are sick, do you just say, "oh well, it is the will of Allah?" or, do you go to the doctor? when the doctor says, "i think you have [fill in the blank]? do you say, "are you crazy? i don't see what you see. you just have a crazy theory!" that would be unlikely, because that is why you went to the doctor in the first place. his job is to look at the evidence and try to make a conclusion.

if you went and got a second opinion and that doctor said the same thing, would you now call it a conspiracy theory?

i think that you are combining my posts with those of someone else. i haven't differentiated between believer and non believer, have i? i haven't even differentiated between American and non American, have i?

i do not know how you choose to get your "news." that is up to you. i use different sources than the "corporate media", even though many of those are filled with disinformation as well. i believe that because i am a Muslim, i am OBLIGATED to find the truth of a matter. i have no choice, it is MY sins that i answer for on Qiyama. if i parrot the lies of satan's minions, that makes me one of his minions. i'm not crazy about that idea.

i'll even admit that others that i turn to can be wrong! when the evidence is shown, OK then. but if i KNOW that the source is a liar to begin with, then why watch or listen to it?

as far as my emotions on Sandy? there are MANY! "sad for Americans", you said. i am sad for ALL OF MANKIND! if i listed all the reasons why, you would say, "AHA! you are a conspiracy theorist!" to you, that is a derogatory remark. to me, it isn't. a conspiracy is 2 or more people planning a crime; trying to evaluate that crimes involves theories based upon evidence. it is perfectly logical. yet, the corporate media, in order to hide their conspiracies, came up with a term to discredit those that don't accept their lies. it is very simple really. if you CHOOSE to believe their lies, you CHOOSE to be brainwashed by them. i choose otherwise.

the Prophet, pbuh, said that one day, the ummah would be like "pond scum!" isn't it time we start to clean ourselves off?

ma salaama

aamirsaab
11-03-2012, 04:22 PM
I think what we should all remember is any calamity that occurs is actually a test for all of mankind, not just those who where directly affected. Many of us are lucky to not have been affected by the hurricane; we should not be the first to point and say "this is a punishment from God", rather we should be the first to help those affected.

Being a muslim is not just about your daily prayers or your personal relationship with Allah (swt), it's also about how we deal with the rest of mankind - especially in times like these. I think there is a tendancy to forget that aspect of our religion, and I think we should all take steps to change that.

sister herb
11-03-2012, 04:37 PM
After hurricane: ICNA RELIEF Volunteer in Brooklyn

Muezzin
11-03-2012, 04:40 PM
100pp in the US, murdered. i wasn't discounting ANY others.
Okay, this seems incoherent. Who precisely are you talking about? 100 people in the US, murdered by whom? Which 100 people? I'm not being funny, I just genuinely do not know what you're talking about.

i'm just saying that evil is evil it doesn't matter how they pull it off. we should oppose evil AND uncover it where ever we can
How exactly does that follow from your statement: 'maybe on Qiyama, when Allah hands you your book, you can just give it back and say, "I'm sorry. You willed it. Ergo, it is Your fault, NOT mine!"' Your words, to which I was replying.

it wasn't a rant at all. just a simple observation. if someone else is blinded by the propaganda put out by the corporate controlled media, and CHOOSES to remain so, then they help in covering up much evil. i would say that makes them an accessory after the fact. that makes THAT person guilty as well.
I suppose in your opinion I am one such person. If that is the case, you are simply wrong. If that is not the case, please correct me.

really? by comparing it to Aghanistan, Iraq and Palestine you arrived at the conclusion that i am only speaking about Americans? please tell me how you came to that conclusion.
Well, I said 'Hey, it's ridiculous to politicise a hurricane'

Then, you said, 'No it's not! Look at this, and this, and this atrocity, all committed by Americans!' I assumed you were saying this was some sort of punishment. To be honest, I found your post to be an incoherent bombardment of non-sequiturs. Try to be clearer. One can't just throw random questions at people and expect them to narrow in on one's real meaning.

again, tell me the thought process you used to arrive at that conclusion.
See above.

Also the way I used 'you' was meant in a general way, as in 'if one believes so and so', as opposed to 'you, the person to whom I am replying'. I should have been clearer.

where did i mention punishment? i said they were murdered.
Who was murdered by whom? You need to be a lot more specific here. Are you saying the people killed in the hurricane were murdered?

is it foolish to speculate how someone was murdered? when someone is murdered, do we just say, "oh well, it is the plan of Allah" and then forget it?
So you're saying the people killed in the hurricane were murdered?

And the hurricane was caused by Allah?

Therefore... Allah... murdered these people?

Is that what you're saying?

You do know that 'murder' means 'killing unlawfully', right?

Unless you're saying the hurricane was man-made? HAARP, right?

Just tell it to me straight, I'm honestly interested in what you have to say. No need for riddles.

why are there trials? why are there investigations?

if the pipe under your sink is leaking, do you just say, "oh well. it is the will of Allah" and just let it leak? or do you investigate the problem and try to fix it?

if your car gets a flat, do you just say, "oh well, it is the will of Allah" and continue your journey on foot?

when you are sick, do you just say, "oh well, it is the will of Allah?" or, do you go to the doctor? when the doctor says, "i think you have [fill in the blank]? do you say, "are you crazy? i don't see what you see. you just have a crazy theory!" that would be unlikely, because that is why you went to the doctor in the first place. his job is to look at the evidence and try to make a conclusion.
This all looks like ranting to me. You're not making a cogent argument because you haven't even said what your position is. Seriously, I don't know what you're talking about, so these rhetorical questions do not enlighten, they simply obfuscate the truth of your belief.

i think that you are combining my posts with those of someone else. i haven't differentiated between believer and non believer, have i? i haven't even differentiated between American and non American, have i?
I do wish you would ask fewer rhetorical questions and make more statements. Because I'm sincerely trying to understand what you're saying and see where you're coming from.

i do not know how you choose to get your "news." that is up to you. i use different sources than the "corporate media", even though many of those are filled with disinformation as well. i believe that because i am a Muslim, i am OBLIGATED to find the truth of a matter. i have no choice, it is MY sins that i answer for on Qiyama. if i parrot the lies of satan's minions, that makes me one of his minions. i'm not crazy about that idea.
What does this have to do with the hurricane? Just be direct, I honestly want to know what you're saying. Are you saying that the media is full of liars and we shouldn't trust what they say? Because I agree with you.

i'll even admit that others that i turn to can be wrong! when the evidence is shown, OK then. but if i KNOW that the source is a liar to begin with, then why watch or listen to it?

as far as my emotions on Sandy? there are MANY! "sad for Americans", you said. i am sad for ALL OF MANKIND! if i listed all the reasons why, you would say, "AHA! you are a conspiracy theorist!" to you, that is a derogatory remark. to me, it isn't.
Okay, when you say 'you' do you mean me? Or just people in general? Because I wouldn't write you off.

a conspiracy is 2 or more people planning a crime; trying to evaluate that crimes involves theories based upon evidence. it is perfectly logical. yet, the corporate media, in order to hide their conspiracies, came up with a term to discredit those that don't accept their lies. it is very simple really. if you CHOOSE to believe their lies, you CHOOSE to be brainwashed by them. i choose otherwise.

the Prophet, pbuh, said that one day, the ummah would be like "pond scum!" isn't it time we start to clean ourselves off?

ma salaama
Bro, stop talking in riddles and be direct. I'm talking about people's responses to the hurricane, I'm saying that it's stupid to say 'this is a punishment' or 'this is not a punishment', and to me, it looks as if you just went on a rant about the media. Seriously, what are you trying to say? Weaponised weather? If so, say so. I'm not going to make fun of you. I just want to know what you're talking about.

جوري
11-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Don't believe all the publicity stunts about the good volunteers helping its as realistic as the pic with all the cables. I live in a relatively well off area and we've had no help whatsoever and the rest are far worse off!
Please don't speak about a situation where you're neither seeing or feeling or living but take what stories they're putting for you to influence your beliefs out most of us without power can't show you how we're living and as stated I am in what is considered the best part of NYC!
I am not going to touch upon glo's lunacy honestly when you're this angry you can't deal with the delusions of others!
Management is an EPIC FAIL on all levels!

Endymion
11-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't believe all the publicity stunts about the good volunteers helping its as realistic as the pic with all the cables. I live in a relatively well off area and we've had no help whatsoever and the rest are far worse off!
Please don't speak about a situation where you're neither seeing or feeling or living but take what stories they're putting for you to influence your beliefs out
most of us without power can't show you how we're living and as stated I am in what is considered the best part of NYC!
I am not going to touch upon glo's lunacy honestly when you're this angry you can't deal with the delusions of others!
Management is an EPIC FAIL on all levels!

I followed long debates on two threads a few days back to tell people what you wrote in two lines and i failed.People will never realize this reality i guess :heated:

جوري
11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I pose the question of why this shouldn't be considered punishment? Is it because kaffir morality dictates or under the impression that it's good and moral? If you're truly interested in knowing what punishment is about have an honest truthful look at all the corruption around you not the crap they drum about in their absurd sermons and there will lie your answer!
Look at the commandments and how many of them are broken in your community by you or your politicians or your houses of worship and there you'll have it!

Best,

Mustafa2012
11-03-2012, 05:34 PM
One thing's for sure is that natural disasters are not signs of glad tidings. Did anyone hear of the earthquake near Hawaii?

If a Muslim publicly claimed that Hurricaine Sandy was a punishment for legislating gay marriage or that it was a punishment for the film insulting our Prophet, then all hell would have broken loose and it would have been plastered all over the headlines.

But since it was John McTernan a non muslim who said, then I guess it's ok. No problem. His opinion valid I guess, right?

YusufNoor
11-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Okay, this seems incoherent. Who precisely are you talking about? 100 people in the US, murdered by whom? Which 100 people? I'm not being funny, I just genuinely do not know what you're talking about.

people killed by the storm. the storm that was assisted and guided along its path.

How exactly does that follow from your statement: 'maybe on Qiyama, when Allah hands you your book, you can just give it back and say, "I'm sorry. You willed it. Ergo, it is Your fault, NOT mine!"' Your words, to which I was replying.

you, in all cases, is a collective you. we, and again collective, shouldn't turn on Channel 5[so to speak] and say [or feel], "i know what happened." you[collective] only know know what channel wants you to know. if something happens, how do we know what really happened. if we just accept and digest pablum, then we are being directed by those not in alliance with Allah and his Messenger, pbuh. if we partake in spreading said pablum, we have joined a cause not intended for us. we are not on the straight path.

I suppose in your opinion I am one such person. If that is the case, you are simply wrong. If that is not the case, please correct me.

it is not for me to judge who amongst us is in that group. i merely [and quite frequently] cite other sources of information. a lot of this information is censored from this site [agree or disagree]. even if someones views appear to put them in that group, it is not for me to "accuse them", but merely to seek to find another way to point out that "said pablum" is exactly that. Allah knows best how much "said pablum" that i, myself, have or do, or might even regurgitate. i seek protection from doing so.

Well, I said 'Hey, it's ridiculous to politicise a hurricane'

i see the hurricane, not its origin, but its expansion and directing as EXACTLY the same as the areas that i mentioned. honestly! people were saying, in advance, where the storm was going. they offered evidence BEFORE events happened. my understanding of Sandy is that it spurred on and directed at the US with malice aforethought; invasion by weather, if you will.

Then, you said, 'No it's not! Look at this, and this, and this atrocity, all committed by Americans!'

that is the "sequitur", all committed by...though i do not use the term "Americans." but the same people who committed those other atrocities.

I assumed you were saying this was some sort of punishment.

i haven't spoken to that issue. i usually refer to Mufti Ismail Menk. to someone on the straight patch, it could have been martyrdom; to someone else punishment; to someone else it could have been atonement. i don't know which, that is for Allah alone.

To be honest, I found your post to be an incoherent bombardment of non-sequiturs.

i explained the series of events and their relation. as for me being incoherent: YA THINK!
;D
Try to be clearer. One can't just throw random questions at people and expect them to narrow in on one's real meaning.

See above.

Also the way I used 'you' was meant in a general way, as in 'if one believes so and so', as opposed to 'you, the person to whom I am replying'. I should have been clearer.

i actually try to do the same

Who was murdered by whom? You need to be a lot more specific here. Are you saying the people killed in the hurricane were murdered?

YES

So you're saying the people killed in the hurricane were murdered?

YES

And the hurricane was caused by Allah?

inception is by Allah, manipulation is not.

Therefore... Allah... murdered these people?

not in my line of thinking.

Is that what you're saying?

nope

You do know that 'murder' means 'killing unlawfully', right?

correct

Unless you're saying the hurricane was man-made? HAARP, right?

there is more to it than just HAARP. I remember posting a vid to that nature

Just tell it to me straight, I'm honestly interested in what you have to say. No need for riddles.

This all looks like ranting to me. You're not making a cogent argument because you haven't even said what your position is. Seriously, I don't know what you're talking about, so these rhetorical questions do not enlighten, they simply obfuscate the truth of your belief.

i believe the effects of the storm were manipulated by man. i can't answer, "what men?"

I do wish you would ask fewer rhetorical questions and make more statements. Because I'm sincerely trying to understand what you're saying and see where you're coming from.

is it clearer now? i do not say, member A and member B are 1) full of crap; 2) misguided; or 3) lying. one speaks in generalities just to ask the question. one is a little less general in speaking of things one knows or believes to be true.

What does this have to do with the hurricane? Just be direct, I honestly want to know what you're saying. Are you saying that the media is full of liars and we shouldn't trust what they say? Because I agree with you.

SOME may be "liars" because they just don't know better. i an NOT even calling THEM liars, because they believe it to be true. those that KNOW it isn't true and those that ORDER them to lie, we can agree that they deserve the title.

Okay, when you say 'you' do you mean me? Or just people in general? Because I wouldn't write you off.

in general, which even includes myself. what i see as true today, may be different tomorrow.

Bro, stop talking in riddles and be direct. I'm talking about people's responses to the hurricane, I'm saying that it's stupid to say 'this is a punishment' or 'this is not a punishment', and to me, it looks as if you just went on a rant about the media. Seriously, what are you trying to say? Weaponised weather? If so, say so. I'm not going to make fun of you. I just want to know what you're talking about.

i see no need to say it is stupid if someone sees it as a punishment OR if they don't don't. THAT is what they see. glo can be right, sister harb can be right, aamisiraab can be right, and come to think of it, I CAN BE WRONG! but i make my case. i try to understand the case made by others. 2 people saying different things can BOTH be right!

but to answer your question, "what are you trying to say? Weaponized weather?

ABSOLUTELY 100% YES! NO DOUBT WHAT SO EVER. NONE. PERIOD.

clearer?

ma salaama

Mustafa2012
11-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, what evidence/sources do you have that the storm was manipulated?

YusufNoor
11-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, what evidence/sources do you have that the storm was manipulated?

i'm assuming you mean me. i lost some posts from FB, as i posted them on a friends page instead of my own. she declared long before Nov 1 that she would be off then. but she's family and lived on the edge of the storm.

a week before the storm, HAARP readings:

http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/...m-2444404.html

by Friday, check it out:

http://beforeitsnews.com/survival/20...0-2449598.html

i get daily updates on HAARP readings. i now also get daily updates on chemtrails:

http://www.haarpstatus.com/status.html

http://www.chemtrailforecast.com/main.html

i also follow Scott Stevens:

https://www.facebook.com/scott.stevens.1276

http://weatherwars.info/

particular to Sandy, i also started following michelle:

i follow them both on youtube as well.

i follow Alexander Higgins blog as well, but he was taken down by Sandy. his site updated by the minute, it was quite a feed. i'm actually a little lost without it. but all through the week, the storm was reported in real time.

there was an excellent interview on inf_o w_ars. ale_x was crying Armageddon as usual, but Scott has a more long range view. he saw the purpose was to "cash in" on rebuilding. you can google it.

if you don't know anything about using weather as a weapon, google Ben Livingston.

that is the shortest case i can put forward.

ma salaama

ps: i ain't saying you won't find any of those folks "a little goofy"; but michelle is "da man" on HAARP!

Muhaba
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I dont think it's possible to manipulate a storm and make it go in a certain direction and reach a certain destination. the predictions were probably based on the direction the storm was headed in and the speed. there could've been sudden change in direction if Allah willed but it was probably most expected to go in that same direction it was headed. even before (i believe 1992 when i was in NY) there was a hurricane expected to hit NY but at the last moment its speed declined and its direction changed. so it's not like they manipulated the hurricane and made it hit those areas.

from the weather maps shown on news, they made made several lines showing likely destinations for the hurricane. they didn't say it is definately going in this particular direction but that based on the hurricane's current path that was the most likely direction it was taking.

computer simulations were probably also used. in any case, Allah knows best but it's better not to say stuff that we have no information about. We speak of this hurricane but forget that a natural disaster might strike any of us in any place if Allah wills. no one is completely sinfree and there are many evils in most parts of the world. even something like not giving a needy /hungry person some food is a great sin. many people in the world today are superrich, including muslims, while there are those in africa and elsewhere dying of starvation. the fact that no one is reaching out to them will cause Allah's anger to come on all of us.

so instead of talking about other people, we might as well as try to improve our own selves and try to help those we can.

Muhaba
11-03-2012, 07:59 PM
here's an article worth reading along with the comments: http://arabia.msn.com/uae/uae-news/5...andy-by-storm/

YusufNoor
11-03-2012, 08:02 PM
you didn't have enough time to watch the vivds, and you are getting your news from...msm. ^o)

Abz2000
11-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I personally wouldn't say I'm certain that they manipulated it but I wouldn't put it past them to try to use haarp to shift it a little if it was heading straight at Washington, haarp uses millions/billions of watts to heat up the ionosphere and there was reaserch done by Nicholas tesla on this kind of stuff, bear in mind that haarp is a military funded program. You can find more on it by youtubing "haarp documentary" or "haarp tesla"
Al gore wrote about how hurricanes are strengthened by heat in his silly book "an inconvenient truth", I can't find the excerpt right now coz I'm using the phone but I did manage to find this:

As the ocean warms, the circulation patterns of ocean currents will change, affecting marine life and humans alike. These currents are a major influence on our climate. As more ice melts and less is created, large-scale currents begin to weaken. Warm-water currents such as the Gulf Stream are what keep places like Western Europe relatively warm when they would otherwise feel like Canada, which is located at the same latitude. Increases in ocean temperature may also lead to stronger hurricanes, as hurricane strength generally increases with the temperature of the ocean water below it.

P.s:
If heat strengthens a hurricane, is it not possible that a hurricane can be slightly shifted by heating an area of he ocean where the storm will find more strength?
God knows, this is just conjecture but I definitely wouldn't put it past them to do it if they could.

Remember we were told 1400 years ago that dajjal would control the weather, it doesn't necessarily have to be in a magical way, there are natural laws that can be studied and worked upon - just like helicopters can defy gravity and hover in the air- seething that was I fathomable just a few centuries ago.

Jedi_Mindset
11-03-2012, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
I personally wouldn't say I'm certain that they manipulated it but I wouldn't put it past them to try to use haarp to shift it a little if it was heading straight at Washington, haarp uses millions/billions of watts to heat up the ionosphere and there was reaserch done by Nicholas tesla on this kind of stuff, bear in mind that haarp is a military funded program. You can find more on it by youtubing "haarp documentary" or "haarp tesla"
Al gore wrote about how hurricanes are strengthened by heat in his silly book "an inconvenient truth", I can't find the excerpt right now coz I'm using the phone but I did manage to find this:

As the ocean warms, the circulation patterns of ocean currents will change, affecting marine life and humans alike. These currents are a major influence on our climate. As more ice melts and less is created, large-scale currents begin to weaken. Warm-water currents such as the Gulf Stream are what keep places like Western Europe relatively warm when they would otherwise feel like Canada, which is located at the same latitude. Increases in ocean temperature may also lead to stronger hurricanes, as hurricane strength generally increases with the temperature of the ocean water below it.

P.s:
If heat strengthens a hurricane, is it not possible that a hurricane can be slightly shifted by heating an area of he ocean where the storm will find more strength?
God knows, this is just conjecture but I definitely wouldn't put it past them to do it if they could.

Remember we were told 1400 years ago that dajjal would control the weather, it doesn't necessarily have to be in a magical way, there are natural laws that can be studied and worked upon - just like helicopters can defy gravity and hover in the air- seething that was I fathomable just a few centuries ago.
When the truth is unseen and has not much evidence its best to leave it. Only Allah knows best.

About HAARP, yes it exists and its not a theory, its previous name was project Aurora and is a military project going on since the cold war. HAARP is a WMD and used by the military to target enemies of US its not only a weather modification weapon but also a weapon which can disturb and affect your emotions. There are reports from the US itself that the weapon got used during the first gulf war, because suddenly thousands of iraqi troops surrendered while the US military wasnt even close in iraqi territory.

Mustafa2012
11-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Yusuf, those videos are interesting.

I wouldn't put it past them.

And this analysis is not just coming from some conspiracy theorist. It's from a weather expert who seems to know how to interpret the data.

I found this about HAARP

There are narrations that when the Dajjal comes he will be able to control the weather. Here's Shaykh Salim Al Amry talking about The Dajjal:

sister herb
11-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I have no idea what sense your theories really have. If "HAARP is a WMD and used by the military to target enemies of US" why it then hit to USA itself, that hurricane I mean.

If it was punishment from Allah against USA, why it also hit other countries like Haiti and Jamaica? What kind of punishment they needed for sins of USA?

All these theories just don´t make any sense at all.

Better leave them as they don´t help victims but make you just think that behind every corner HAS to be some conspiracy theory.

Mustafa2012
11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Sister these are very deep matters that most people are not aware of.

Please try to read up on the Illuminati to realize why they would do such a thing.

sister herb
11-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Sister these are very deep matter that most people are not aware of.
What if you rare people with deep understanding will come back to reality? To me kind of theories are just... ^o)

YusufNoor
11-03-2012, 09:44 PM
I have no idea what sense your theories really have. If "HAARP is a WMD and used by the military to target enemies of US" why it then hit to USA itself, that hurricane I mean.

the people of the US are hated by those who control it. they want to kill us too.

If it was punishment from Allah against USA, why it also hit other countries like Haiti and Jamaica? What kind of punishment they needed for sins of USA?

Allah can let the same event serve as matrydom for one, punishment for another and a mercy for another. read suratul kahf.

All these theories just don´t make any sense at all.

that is OK, your gifts may be in other areas.

Better leave them as they don´t help victims but make you just think that behind every corner HAS to be some conspiracy theory.

forgive me for replying...

all a conspiracy theory is an attempt to understand an illegal act perpetrated by more than one person.

exposing it may help prevent further victims.

used as a compound word, "conspiracy theory" is a propaganda invention by people who influence public opinion. they do not want you to look at their illegal acts. they attack anyone who does as a "conspiracy theorist." what they invented is the negative connotation that goes with it. it just means someone who is actually investigating real conspiracies. they don't want that.

it is a form of mind control if you buy into it.

Tyrion
11-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Sister these are very deep matter that most people are not aware of.
It's really not...

Please try to read up on the Illuminati to realize why they would do such a thing.
Have you read up on reasons why these conspiracy theories are considered insane by most?

sister herb
11-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Salam alaykum

we were before talking about hurricane, what is natural phenomenon as like normal wind or rain, nothing more. It is not illegal act by any human. As it comes from Allah we can´t call it illegal.

But anyways, you brothers seems want to reveal truth and save the world from "Illuminati". Go ahead!

;D

Jedi_Mindset
11-03-2012, 10:08 PM

It's really not...

Have you read up on reasons why these conspiracy theories are considered insane by most?
because the majority of the world are put in the place where the zionist bankers want them. Dumb, deaf and blind.

Salam alaykum

we were before talking about hurricane, what is natural phenomenon as like normal wind or rain, nothing more. It is not illegal act by any human. As it comes from Allah we can´t call it illegal.

But anyways, you brothers seems want to reveal truth and save the world from "Illuminati". Go ahead!
Yes Allah controls everything, but you seem to ignore that HAARP even exists, type it in google and you can see that the station is right in Alaska.

there is hadith saying that dajjal can controll the weather, and since dajjal is released already since the time of prophet muhammed(Saw) why should we be suprised about it?

It isnt a conspiracy anymore when it is a fact. Search up project Aurora - watch docu's from it. But then again we can start a seperate topic on this insha'Allah. Wether hurricane Sandy is manipulated or just a natural event - its the will of Allah(SWT).

But regarding if its a punishment or man-made, its talking about the unseen.

YusufNoor
11-03-2012, 10:09 PM
that is actually quite true. unfortunate, but true

sister herb
11-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Salam alaykum

back to topic please or have zionist bankers too something to do with hurricane?

^o)

Mustafa2012
11-03-2012, 10:19 PM

It's really not...

It is. A lot deeper than you might think.

Yes I have read up on why they are considered insane by most. My response to that is to read Yusuf's last post. He explains it perfectly.

The label "conspiracy theory" was invented by people who are involved in conspiracies. They use this term to make a mockery out of anyone who becomes aware of their evil plots. They then go on to invent lies as to why these conspiracy theorists are crazy to think that people would go to such lengths to do such unbelievable things. They do this to direct people away from discovering the truth and focus the attention on people who have un-covered their evil.

All I'd say to that is that "Truth is stranger than fiction".

I don't sit on a computer all day and twiddle my thumbs. I have got a life. I do get around and I do know how to think for myself. I also read around and I believe that many conspiracy theories have a lot of truth and documented evidence in them.

People don't want to believe how evil some people out there are so whenever they come across these theories, they dismiss it as non-sense thinking, "No way"! It's impossible.

Again in reply to that I'd say, "Truth is stranger than fiction" and that things don't just happen randomly, "Every effect has a cause".

Mustafa2012
11-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Salam alaykum

;D
The hurricane started off naturally but if you watch the videos that Yusuf posted, there's a lot of un-explained weather patterns and evidence of manipulation by those that have the technology to manipulate the weather which made the hurricane turn into a super hurricane. The hurricane's original projected path changed.

sister herb
11-03-2012, 10:37 PM
The hurricane started off naturally but if you watch the videos that Yusuf posted, there's a lot of un-explained weather patterns and evidence of manipulation by those that have the technology to manipulate the weather which made the hurricane turn into a super hurricane. The hurricane's original projected path changed.
Sure of course and then USA military decided let it to hit USA itself! That must be part of president elections! With zionist bankers and Freemasonry. Sure.

And how your theory possible helps victims of hurricane? In USA and other countries it hit?

:hiding:

Surely a lot.

Mustafa2012
11-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Sure of course and then USA military decided let it to hit USA itself! That must be part of president elections! With zionist bankers and Freemasonry. Sure.

And how your theory possible helps victims of hurricane? In USA and other countries it hit?

:hiding:

Surely a lot.
Sister this is not my theory.

This is what a lot of independent intelligent educated people around the world also think.

Re: the hurricane. I'm just quoting some of what I heard in the video from a weather expert.

This theory is not aimed at trying to help the victims. We are just discussing what caused it and how people have the technology to control the weather.

Watch the video about the Dajjal I posted. It talks about how he will be given the power to control the weather.

Re: what happened to people in other countries. That's what the Illuminati would classify as "collateral damage".

Abz2000
11-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Lol sister harb, I'm not saying its definitely haarp. But u sound like a perfect assembly line citizen, don't question, don't ponder, don't suspect.
It is also a "conspiracy theory" that israel has nuclear weapons,
It's a well known fact, but it remains a theory because the un refuses to hold them accountable or even check!

And the topic is not about dead people in the us but about the hurricane.

This is all documented!
Weather modification is the act of intentionally manipulating or altering the weather. The most common form of weather modification is cloud seeding to increase rain or snow, usually for the purpose of increasing the local water supply.[1] Weather modification can also have the goal of preventing damaging weather, such as hail or hurricanes, from occurring; or of provoking damaging weather against an enemy or rival, as a tactic of military or economic warfare. Weather modification in warfare has been banned by the United Nations.....

.....Hurricane modification

Various ideas for manipulating hurricanes have been suggested. One TV show[18] explored various ideas such as:

Using lasers to discharge lightning in storms which are likely to become hurricanes
Pouring liquid nitrogen onto the sea to deprive the hurricane of heat energy.
Creating soot to absorb sunlight and change air temperature and hence convection currents in the outer wall.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification

sister herb
11-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Salam alaykum

I still wonder if USA military can manipulate hurricanes... why it let it hit to USA itself?

That has no sense.

^o)

"This is what a lot of independent intelligent educated people around the world also think."

Really? Am I not independent intelligent educated person when I see no sense with kind of thinking? Oh me!

YusufNoor
11-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Salam alaykum

I still wonder if USA military can manipulate hurricanes... why it let it hit to USA itself?

That has no sense.

^o)

the problem is that when "America" is seen as doing something, it's not really America at all. the fascists in our country control the military complex. Pres Obama isn't a fascist though, he's a Marxist Communist controlled by the Federal Reserve. together, those 2 sets serve others. i don't name them, some others do, the Rothschilds, the Rockefellers etc. THEY manipulate the politicians as well as public opinion. the learned, in the Vietnam War, that there was "too much" democracy in the US. our polices state is designed to eliminate this "democracy",ie, the people. they are in the process of creating a "super police state" run by FEMA and Homeland Security, similar to the Gestapo with the Nazis. Americans are controlled in many aspects, especially public education and the television. Americans are being killed in order for the to not only accept, but to "want" Homeland Security to take over. check out NDAA to see how its power has been increased.

"This is what a lot of independent intelligent educated people around the world also think."

Really? Am I not independent intelligent educated person when I see no sense with kind of thinking? Oh me!
another post you made is on a different page, but you said something to the effect, Allah makes the weather, ergo it can't be illegal.

best example i can give you is test tube babies. think about it...

as for controlling the weather, Bob Livingston explains it in the video. go to the 9 minute mark and listen. all he needs is a cloud, which WAS created by Allah. unfortunately, a j_ones is also in it:

if you watch the whole thing, you will learn some of the history as well.

Muhammad
11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
:salamext:

I am not sure how we ended up with conspiracy theories and Dajjal on this thread. Unfortunately, this seems to be an all too familiar trend, though it's very strange to crop up in a thread about a hurricane. Why do we not focus on the most important things first, like the loss of human life and damage caused by the hurricane? We should not turn every matter into an argument, or a conspiracy theory, or an attack of some sort against others. And we should not be so quick to forward our opinions and interpretations of Allaah (swt)'s decree. Rather we should fear Allaah (swt) and keep quiet in case we say something that might earn His anger, and we seek refuge in Him from doing that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!