/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wht do u do when u r really happy :)

Periwinkle18
10-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Assalam o alikum

So wht do u do when u r really happy how do u thank Allah?

Hmm or do we forget to thank Him n tell the rest of the world abt our happiness ?

To tell u the truth I sometimes forget how do u.make it a habit? Any tips?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa2012
10-30-2012, 03:08 PM
:salamext:

You can do a Sajda of Shukr
It is not waajib but a regular sunnah of The Prophet :saws1:

Then you praise Allaah in as many ways you know of from the Qur'aan and authentic Sunnah.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-30-2012, 03:19 PM
if I'm really REALLY happy I would feed my family something special and treat my nieces/nephews to things I think they will like.

I would give sadaqah and make the necessary duas.

what made you ask the curious question?

Periwinkle18
10-30-2012, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
if I'm really REALLY happy I would feed my family something special and treat my nieces/nephews to things I think they will like.

I would give sadaqah and make the necessary duas.

what made you ask the curious question?
Wow lucky family n nieces/nephews :p my siblings rarely treat me it's usually me who does it :p

Hmm Duno just felt like asking. Wanted to knw wht ppl do Wen they're all happy happy :) cuz Wen I'm happy I feel like helping someone or making someone happy too. :p

Hmm it's just weird ive noted sometimes I'm extremely happy n the next day or at nite I become sad again :s cuz I suddenly remember things tht make me sad lol I knw it's crazy

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-e-Adam
10-30-2012, 04:01 PM
I do Dua and Sajda shukr and Tahnks Allah by heart.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Wow lucky family n nieces/nephews :p my siblings rarely treat me it's usually me who does it :p

Hmm Duno just felt like asking. Wanted to knw wht ppl do Wen they're all happy happy :) cuz Wen I'm happy I feel like helping someone or making someone happy too. :p

Hmm it's just weird ive noted sometimes I'm extremely happy n the next day or at nite I become sad again :s cuz I suddenly remember things tht make me sad lol I knw it's crazy
you say lucky family, what if I say I'm rarely happy? ;D

Shaykha
10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Assalam o alikum

So wht do u do when u r really happy how do u thank Allah?

Hmm or do we forget to thank Him n tell the rest of the world abt our happiness ?

To tell u the truth I sometimes forget how do u.make it a habit? Any tips?
:wasalamex
In My Opinion, First Of All Thank Allah :swt1: For Giving You The Blessings Of Happiness In Your Life, Because Many Out There Don't Have That Blessing. You Can Read Two Rak'ah Salaat-As-Shukr, Or Make Supplication (Du'aa) Wherein You Will Thank Allah :swt1: Alot, Or Offer Nafl Fasts. Secondly, Give Charity In The Name Of Allah :swt1:. Thirdly, Do Alot Of Hamd And Thanaa Of Allah :swt1: . And Lastly, You Can Do Something For Someone Else And Bring A Smile To Someone Else's Face.
Also A Saying Comes To Mind, "Its Not How Fortunate You Are, Its Infact How Content And Grateful You Are!"
May Allah :swt1: Forgive Us All And Keep Us All Happy And Content Always! Aameen Thumma Aameen!

Periwinkle18
10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
you say lucky family, what if I say I'm rarely happy? ;D
hmm i dont think so

Ramadan90
10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
I would thank Allah more with worship.
I would be extra friendly and smile more.
I would do more something nice for my family and friends.

Good question, sis.

Periwinkle18
10-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Ameen to ur dua sis shaykha :)

May Allah keep everyone happy in this life and the hereafter ameen :)

Shaykha
10-30-2012, 04:53 PM
May Allah keep everyone happy in this life and the hereafter ameen
Aameen.. This Question Maybe Slightly Random But, Its A Very Good Question Sis Because It Just Makes Us Realise How Many Bounties Allah Has Bestowed Upon Us. We Are So Into Worldly Things That We Forget About Our Almighty Creator And His Never Ending Blessings Upon Us. This Question Just Leaves You Thinking !

Periwinkle18
10-30-2012, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shaykha
This Question Just Leaves You Thinking !
true :)

Endymion
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
I become more humble,more crazy,more smiley,more thankful,more caring,more talkative :omg: and try to worship more (but unfortunately,i rarely do this while im happy but when im sad :-[ )

And i taught my 1 year old niece to perform Sajdah shukr.When i ask her to perform sajdah shukr and make sign with my hand,she bow down in the state of sajdah :statisfie Its truly amazing and cute when she do that.It made my heart filled with happiness :statisfie Alhamdulillah.

Periwinkle18
10-31-2012, 07:17 AM
^ aww cute MashaAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
03-10-2013, 08:35 PM
this is a nice thread.

perhaps it could be filled a little more? :)

Qurratul Ayn
03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
:wasalamex

I had a feeling that Periwinkly created this thread when I saw the title :D :ma: thought-provoking

Whenever I'm happy or something special has happend or if I achieved my goals that I've set, I always say, ":Allah: thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you sooo much. Thank you, thank you, thank you" (at top speed the words come out), and then the waterfall occurs :D

Hmmm... For me, it just comes automatically to praising :Allah: and also always asking for help too, even for the minor things and when I'm scared I just say :Allah: repeatedly and start reading Surahs' and doing Dhikr.

I would suggest doing Dhikr wherever you are, whenever you are, in your head or fingers. It helps a lot. Ah, just my thoughts :D

Ma Salama

sister herb
03-11-2013, 12:54 AM
When I am really happy I jump.

:D

Bint-e-Adam
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
i was thinking smthng so i decided to ask here:
"if i am happy i start thanking Allah and at the same time i think that this happiness is only temporary :( i dot knw hwo to stop thsi thinking"

Periwinkle18
03-11-2013, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
When I am really happy I jump.

:D
lol really

well be careful while jumping don't bump into anything :p

Periwinkle18
03-11-2013, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
i was thinking smthng so i decided to ask here:
"if i am happy i start thanking Allah and at the same time i think that this happiness is only temporary :( i dot knw hwo to stop thsi thinking"
hmm I guess tht does happen I guess u think tht way cuz u dont want tis happiness to go cuz mayb ur happy very rarely :s

I duno wht m saying lol I sometimes feel the same as well I guess.

Bint-e-Adam
03-11-2013, 10:54 AM
yupsss. i feel very happy when ALlah bless me with many happinesses at a time. i thanks Him. but dont knw think in that way too. that if Allah would again become angry with me then i will be again sad.

Naeema
03-11-2013, 04:08 PM
I make dua and try to find some way to share the happy (smile at someone, yield in traffic, write a nice letter, give a little sadaqa).

Periwinkle18
03-11-2013, 06:20 PM
^ thats sweet :)

Eric H
03-11-2013, 09:39 PM
I like this quote about happiness

"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder." Thoreau

جوري
03-11-2013, 09:47 PM
So wht do u do when u r really happy
ah.. I'll let you know when that day finally comes :ia:

how do u thank Allah?
I try for behavior modifications .. I change something I really dislike about me for the sake of :Allah::swt: and hopeful that :Allah::swt: will accept it from me.

Qurratul Ayn
03-11-2013, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I like this quote about happiness

Nathaniel Hawthorne also wrote something similar to that effect. Same generation...

Reminded me of this;

"If you observe a really happy man, you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden, or looking for dinosaur eggs in the Gobi Desert. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under a radiator"

W. Beran Wolfe [an excerpt from his book; How To Be Happy Though Human (1931)]

sister herb
03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
lol really

well be careful while jumping don't bump into anything :p
Don´t worry.

I look where to jump.

;D

QueenofHerts
03-12-2013, 12:17 AM
nafl prayers :embarrass

Periwinkle18
03-12-2013, 08:17 AM
^mashaAllah thts gr8

Al-Mufarridun
03-12-2013, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeking_hidayat
yupsss. i feel very happy when ALlah bless me with many happinesses at a time. i thanks Him. but dont knw think in that way too. that if Allah would again become angry with me then i will be again sad.
A Believer's heart is like a bird. One wing is Hope. The other wing is Fear. The head of the bird, is Love. (Ibn Al-Qayyim, Madarij al-Salikin)

I think what you feel is not sadness, but rather some form of fear, similar to the fear of losing a loved one. Insha'Allah you'll be rewarded for this, for it is a form of Ibadah. The key is the believer should keep some balance between the three, in order for the bird to fly smoothly towards its goal. The scholars say between hope and fear, if one should be more than the other, than let fear be the stronger when you are young, and let hope be more when you are older, i.e. near your end.

Allah swt knows best.

Al-Mufarridun
03-12-2013, 08:52 AM
:sl:

This is a such a beautiful discussion. Masha'Allah

In Sahih Al-Bukhari it is recorded that the Messenger of Allah used to supplicate;
«اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ غَيْرَ مَكْفِيَ وَلَا مُوَدَّعٍ وَلَا مُسْتَغْنًى عَنْهُ رَبَّنَا»
(O Allah ! All praise is due to You, without being able to sufficiently thank You,
nor ever wish to be cutoff from You, nor ever feeling rich from relying on You; our Lord!)

Haya emaan
03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
^ subhanAllah, i love the hadith about the affair of a believer..

for the OP's question..

when happiness comes to me firstly i say Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah.. i feel that to say it once will be not enough so twice or thrice..
thn i run to my mom sisters brothers who ever is available and start talking and talking and talking, i share my happiness with every one and expect them to be happy with me.. if its an achievement i give ice cream treat or dinner to my family.
also i feel too much energy in myself and jump all around the house up and down.

when i m happy i usually do great blunders while cooking or in other house hold chores and forget some important things..

Periwinkle18
03-12-2013, 04:43 PM
sometimes I think happiness I like a party once the party's over everything's back to normal. :s meaning its just there for lil while.

may Allah keep everyone happy ameen

this life is just very hard :s

Bint-e-Adam
03-12-2013, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
A Believer's heart is like a bird. One wing is Hope. The other wing is Fear. The head of the bird, is Love. (Ibn Al-Qayyim, Madarij al-Salikin)

I think what you feel is not sadness, but rather some form of fear, similar to the fear of losing a loved one. Insha'Allah you'll be rewarded for this, for it is a form of Ibadah. The key is the believer should keep some balance between the three, in order for the bird to fly smoothly towards its goal. The scholars say between hope and fear, if one should be more than the other, than let fear be the stronger when you are young, and let hope be more when you are older, i.e. near your end.

Allah swt knows best.
i really didnt had any idea about it that it is ibadah??? i am suprised as well as happy too. u mean that when i am blessed with any happiness then having fear of losing the loved one is right thing. i am too happy to know it. could u explain it a little bit more please :) jazakALlah

IbnAbdulHakim
03-12-2013, 06:09 PM
looks like brothers aren't happy much. or don't like to talk about happiness.

u can always tell when a bros happy though - cheesy grin comes out

Sothis Girl
03-17-2013, 09:58 AM
If the happy news received spontaneously : sajdah shukr (prostrating to Allah for gratitude)

If the mood is great :
- Smile a lot, laugh and giggles
- Cuddling my teddy bear
- Sing a lot :D

- Buy some foods or beverages I usually not drink, and munch 'em!

Some things you can do :
- Buy a decent food like something you would eat for yourself, but this time you give it to the needy
- Give a clothes to random needy
- Give an inexpensive stuff as a gift, i.e. plastic bracelet to your best friend with no string attached.
- Buy a small fish and feed a random cat that looks skinny.
- Hug a tree or lovingly stroke a grass and say "I love you, thank you for existing and give us oxygen"

Periwinkle18
03-17-2013, 12:03 PM
^ haha mashaAllah ur cute sis :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!