/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umar's (ra) Mercy and kindness towards animals

Perseveranze
11-01-2012, 01:19 AM
السلام عليكم

Upon learning that Umar (radiallahu anhu) craved eating fresh fish. Yarfa (radiallahu anhu) mounted his riding animal and rode out towards the sea. He traveled for four nights, two nights going, and two nights returning. He purchased some fresh fish, and when he returned to Madeenah, one of the first things he did was to wash off the sweat that had soaked his riding animal. Umar saw the condition of the tired animal, and he said to Yarfa, ‘You have tortured an animal for the sake of Umar’s craving and appetite, By Allaah, Umar will not even taste what you have brought back with you.’

- [Ar-Riyaadh An-Nadirah (pg. 408)]

One day Umar (radiallahu anhu) saw a camel that was clearly either exhausted or ill. Umar approached the camel and inspected it, hoping to find out what was wrong with it. And as he looked closely at the camel, he continued to say, ‘I am afraid that I will be questioned about you [on the day of resurrection].

- [At-Tabaqaat (3/215)]

Al-Musayyib ibn Daarim related that he once saw Umar ibn Al-Khattab (radiallahu anhu) strike a camel driver, while saying, ‘You have loaded your camel with a burden that it cannot bear!.’

- [Mahd As-Sawaab (2/469)]

Ali (radiAllaahu anhu) related: Once I saw Umar (radiAllaahu anhu) riding on a camel without a saddle, moving swift. I asked, “Where are you going, O leader of the believers?”

Umar replied, ” One of the charity camels has fled away, so I am going in search of it.”

I said, “You have established a difficult example to be followed by your successor.”

Umar replied, ” Do not blame me Abu Hassan. By Allaah, the One who sent Muhammad with Prophethood, if any baby goat is lost on the bank of the Euphrates, then I will be held responsible for it on the Day of Resurrection.”

- [Munaaqib Umar, ibn Al-Jawzi, (pg. 15)]

Umar(ra) once saw a man denying a sheep, which he was going to slaughter, a satiating measure of water to drink. He gave the man a beating with his lash and told him: “Go, water it properly at the time of its death, you knave!"

- [Reported by Ibn Sirin and recorded in Badae al-Sande; 6:2811]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
11-01-2012, 04:09 AM
Jazakallah Khair to you bro..........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!