/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mr Ibrahim Ahmed

Ibi49
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Slms

I'm am a 23 year old male from South Africa

My main reason for joining this forum is to get advice regarding the following:

I wrote my final exams on wensday and I found it extremely tough. I genuinely felt that I failed. I was really distressed . I was crying because of the efforts I put into studying for the exam and in the moment made a promise to Allah that I will give half my salary I earn for the following year into charity IF I PASS THE YEAR.

I have spoken to my lecturer today and he assured me that my entire year will not be based on that exam mark.
However I need to pass 4 subjects to pass the year and I have only recieved assurance from 1 lecturer regarding only 1 subject . I found the other 3 subjects tough and I don't know if I will pass or not. My results get released at the end of the month.

This year has been tough and very emotional because of the stress levels of the degree I am studying.*
Today being the first day after exams I reflected on my promise and realised my promise was unreasonable because I would actually need money for a car , cloths , etc and that I probably will not be financially stable if i keep to the promise of giving half my salary away.*

Is the promise obligated on me if I ask Allah to forgive me for the promise before I receive my results ?( it is a contingent promise )
I am really worried because I do not want to break a promise with Allah . But I am also worried as to how am I going to be financially stable if actually do have to carry out the promise.
Also does the promise hold if I was not mentally in my correct frame of mind? ( I was in tears for hours and would say I wasn't thinking rationally )

Please advise.?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
11-02-2012, 06:23 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having in your studies but don't lose hope. Success is from Allaah (swt), so keep making du'a and perhaps the results will not be what you are expecting.

With regards to your question, such questions need to be directed to scholars who can give you answers based on knowledge of the Shariah. If you search on fatwa sites, you may find similar questions already asked, or you can write your specific question on those sites. Or you can perhaps contact someone locally whose knowledge and understanding you trust. I would avoid asking on forums unless they have people of knowledge on them, otherwise you may get answers that are based on opinion and ignorance.

May Allaah (swt) grant you success and help you in this difficulty, Aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!