/* */

PDA

View Full Version : big talk and big government fails: Hurricane Sandy’s hard pressed survivors are evide

جوري
11-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Obama’s big talk and big government fails: Hurricane Sandy’s hard pressed survivors are evidence

November 3, 2012 Nathan M. Bickel Leave a comment Go to comments

Hurricane survivors: When Obama was elected, millions of voters thought their world had turned into 7th heaven. Harsh reality has now shattered that erroneous belief. See the last related links below.

Until Hurricane Sandy struck this web author thought that nothing could move rabid Obama supporters from abandoning their scandal ridden human savior. Perhaps, the aftermath devastation has finally awakened some of them. Perhaps, some of them finally are recognizing for the first time that his snake charming promises haven’t matched harsh reality. The hurricane and furious weather (now) following is taking its toll upon umpteen thousands of needy Northeastern people, ravaged by this latest natural disaster.
Four years of the Obama presidency has taught gullible voters to hang on every word frothing from Obama’s forked tongue. However, in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and massing cold weather, it is becoming apparent that many [perhaps, now sensible] Northeastern voters don’t care about empty (hope and change) promises; rather, they want results. However, positive results don’t seem to be forthcoming despite Obama’s media photo opt love fest with New Jersey governor Christie.
Where is the Red Cross; government FEMA; and government promising politicians? Suffering souls are left without electricity and gasoline. They are bereft of heat with increasing freezing temperatures. Where is the needed food – and, especially, clean drinking water? Obama’s big government had advance warning to ready itself for an adequate, measured and immediate response; but, apparently, did not do so, as chaos, looting abound and American citizens are fighting for their very lives!

http://moralmatters.org/2012/11/03/o...-are-evidence/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Before you leave me neggy's and you know who you're- I invite you to come spend a day in our shoes and then speak of the good of the volunteers and the good of the govt. The same way they gouge us in the Muslims world.. perhaps now people here can have an understanding what others are going through if they were previousely clueless and apparently you're too picking flowers and and burying your face in the sand!
We've been gouged - pay $3.00 for a small bottle of water when a gallon otherwise would cost $1.00 and this is the water we'repouring down the non working toilets. The volunteers who have been passing out water in my complex to the lady with heart surgery and the guy with dementia is none other than me after lugging 25 gallons up the stairs in the dark.
Please get a clue, we're left without power so we can't show you how it truly is- all that's getting out to you are govt. Manipulated news no different than any other day. When I went down to the laundry room to see if there were water in the complex where we pay $$$$$ the dweeb of a maintenance guy told me he'd call the cops because we're tresspassing which I actually told him to go right ahead and do.. go figure that's the help they offer in times of crisis, and we're expecting a noreaster tomorrow with still no heat, no water, no power, no electricty, no news except what we know and the rest of us know!

جوري
11-06-2012, 03:19 PM

YusufNoor
11-06-2012, 03:41 PM
:sl:

why would sheeple give you negative remarks?

isn't it strange how FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Act department, is unable to properly respond to an emergency? is this because it is subordinate to the Department of Homeland Security?

it is interesting to note that DHS considers "preppers" as a terrorist threat. stockpiling food and water, along with weapons and ammo, is considered to be unpatriotic. they don't say unpatriotic, the say "terrorist threat." if the government is unable to provide adequate food, water, shelter and safety during an emergency, why wouldn't they want the average "joe" to help himself and possibly others?

i'm guessing that FEMA is doing EXACTLY what they planned to do all along, VERY LITTLE. perhaps the storm track area is an area they consider pro-Obama, and thus the people have been "dealt with" so the "blow back" from the elections will be minimized in that sector of the country.

i saw a headline the other day that scared the crap out me, it read ROMNEY WINS ELECTION, OBAMA APPOINTED AS NEW UN SECRETARY GENERAL. how unsettling is that? i left the page immediately, but i couldn't stop thinking about it. perhaps this is all a set up? maybe FEMA will claim to be so overwhelmed that they will call on the UN for assistance? they are already here to "monitor" the elections.

with enough death, destruction, starvation and disease, maybe they will have convinced the sheeple that they NEED the UN. maybe FEMA wasn't unprepared, maybe they are just sticking to their script!

ma salaama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-06-2012, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
why would sheeple give you negative remarks?
I don't know- but here's his comment if he'd like to elaborate:

Thread: Hurricane Sandy
So first it was the "western govt" and "media" that loves to create "fear and panic" in ppl and now when it actually happened sincere volunteers are just "publicity stunts"? Ur posts used to be good but now its just paranoid cynicism. Ridiculous.
It's interesting to note that the storm came and went without incident but that they shut the power voluntairly and then failed to get anything back to normal.. In fact I lost count I thought it was 8 days when in fact today is the 9th. I remember how in Egypt people would have a cow and blame Mursi for shutting off the lights for 2 hours..
Also interesting to note that the people I am passing out water too aren't Muslim if I were so big on being inhumane when treatment should be met in kind. Al7mdullilah that even if we're helpless to do anything or do only what we can Allah swt is all seeing and all knowing!

:w:

Mustafa2012
11-06-2012, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
Before you leave me neggy's and you know who you're- I invite you to come spend a day in our shoes and then speak of the good of the volunteers and the good of the govt. The same way they gouge us in the Muslims world.. perhaps now people here can have an understanding what others are going through if they were previousely clueless and apparently you're too picking flowers and and burying your face in the sand!
We've been gouged - pay $3.00 for a small bottle of water when a gallon otherwise would cost $1.00 and this is the water we'repouring down the non working toilets. The volunteers who have been passing out water in my complex to the lady with heart surgery and the guy with dementia is none other than me after lugging 25 gallons up the stairs in the dark.
Please get a clue, we're left without power so we can't show you how it truly is- all that's getting out to you are govt. Manipulated news no different than any other day. When I went down to the laundry room to see if there were water in the complex where we pay $$$$$ the dweeb of a maintenance guy told me he'd call the cops because we're tresspassing which I actually told him to go right ahead and do.. go figure that's the help they offer in times of crisis, and we're expecting a noreaster tomorrow with still no heat, no water, no power, no electricty, no news except what we know and the rest of us know!
That's really sad to hear. How can people be so mean in a time of national crisis?

It would have actually been quite interesting to see if he did call the cops because they'd have probably told him off for wasting their time.

You should write a letter of complaint to the maintenance guy's boss and tell them how disappointed you are at his behaviour especially since you are paying so much.

جوري
11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
That's really sad to hear. How can people be so mean in a time of national crisis?

It would have actually been quite interesting to see if he did call the cops because they'd have probably told him off for wasting their time.

You should write a letter of complaint to the maintenance guy's boss and tell them how disappointed you are at his behaviour especially since you are paying so much.
I have written two letters of complaints from my phone you've to understand that I am not in a comfortable place now where I can weild some powers. In fact I told him I have friends in NY-1 and I'll make sure his life is miserable in multiple ways. The lady I give water too told me she's an excellent writer and will take care of it for me when the power comes back-
Of course the turd was bluffing and I waited there and he was coming close to me to be threatening and I said are you also gonna assault me? and he was name calling me and I really was gonna let him have it big time if my mom weren't there to try to calm the situation but let's just say I caused quite the scene and kept asking for his name and the doorman told me he's my boss and no one can do anything against him- and he told him you don't have to give her my name talk about a coward! and I basically said we're the ones paying his salaries so he's nothing but a watchdog in my book!
then people were making excuses that he's stressed, well what of the rest of us. Imagine living on the thirty second floor with no elevator and with dementia or heart condition.
He goes the mayor gave a mandate, the piece of crap should have also checked that the mayor didn't make any arrangement for the people who can't go up or down stairs, shelters are full of creeps and hotels cost $340, many of my dad's friends came back because hotels had the same problems we did given the whole place is an Island and surrounded by water. Would love for that piece of crap to have indeed brought the cops and told them arrest this woman for checking if there's water in the laundry room in the compelx rise where folks pay $$$$$$$$$ a month rent!

I am really at my wits end with the way they congratulate each other and keep thanking each other for a job well done. Have you ever seen a so-called first world country to have its people in war like conditions for 9 days? with a promise of get this that they'll try to secure a generator in the next several days. It is a joke at best. it is saving them billions and costing the people billions!
and then you have folks here speaking about the quality of your post- frankly until you're living it I don't wanna hear your version of how it is going down!
Just now they decide to make checks to make sure stores aren't gouging people, just now they decide to pass water to people who can't get it pls. bring your own bag. And after fixing it so that you'd get your gas based on your license plate or fixing it so that after you're stuck working three shifts in your work because others can't come to work you still can't go home without three persons in your car. What a joke. My bro. Had to go to another state all together to get some gas for his generator!

That should clue some people here in as they seem to be in lala land. No the govt. is soooo good and the volunteers are so good and everything is in abundance (well yeah it is) but they ration it to wreak havoc!

Mustafa2012
11-06-2012, 06:35 PM
If he's working for the complex you live in, you have every right to know his name. He has to be accountable for his actions. Especially if you are paying big bucks for that place.

If I was there, I'd have told him," Look buster! This is an emergency. I pay your your wages. As your employer I am relieving you of your duties. Now move aside and go and do something useful for change before I make a complaint"

You should have got his boss' number or the no. of the administration or head office and made complaint right there and then. If you did that, I guarantee you would have seen an immediate improvement in his behaviour.

Once I was the victim of a crime. When the policeman first arrived he made some notes. Then I went to the station to give a statement. The idiot of a policeman started accusing me of provoking the guy and they took the criminals' side.

Then when I started giving the statement he said that he didn't remember me saying the part where I said that guy threatened to kill me when everyone on the block clearly heard it. Basically he tried to make me doubt what I said when he first arrived on the scene. And he was trying to accuse me of making up that part. It's like almost he was dictating to me what I should put in MY statement.

That's what they're like. In an emergency, a crisis when you expect the authorities whose wages you pay, to help you, they turn around and take advantage of you and treat you like a third class citizen.

Since I know my rights and have seen enough on TV I told him, "Look officer. You are entitled to put whatever you want in your version of events. This is MY statement and I remember what I said, so I want you to write down MY version of events in MY statement.

You should have seen the look on his face. He wasn't expecting that. He had to do it because he realised that I knew what his job description is and he had to do his duty.

If I didn't know my rights, that stupid shaytaan would have lied and made me doubt my own words thereby reducing the seriousness of the crime.

جوري
11-06-2012, 06:49 PM
apparently he's the boss.. and the people who own the place are buddy buddy with the mayor they're zionist thieves so of course they feel they can get away with everything!

Mustafa2012
11-06-2012, 06:58 PM
apparently he's the boss.. and the people who own the place are buddy buddy with the mayor they're zionist thieves so of course they feel they can get away with everything!
It doesn't matter if he's the boss, he has to be accountable to someone above him, the share-holders or the owners. You never know. Even if they're Jews they might be sympathetic to you because if their customers are not happy they lose money. And they don't like to lose money so they'll do whatever is needed to safeguard their investment.

All you have to do is find out who he's accountable to and write a strong letter of complaint. Get some of the other residents to support you and write a joint letter of complaint. Tell them you want him to write a letter of apology to everyone involved for his insensitive behaviour at a time of national crisis and that you don't think he's suitable for that position.

M.I.A.
11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
how can you go through the same thing again and again and not learn from it?

either there are failings at the local government level or you americans need better voting criteria's.

i mean after you have seen flood damaged cars for the millionth time.. im not saying its not dramatic, because it is.

then you would probably direct people to park in a multimstory somewhere nearby and arrange for some sort of ticket validation free of charge.

or just get on the news.. hey thats my car y'all.

im sure its not that simple, i jest.. but whatever.

im mad because i like cars :raging:

جوري
11-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Might just do that mustafa in shaa Allah- jazaka Allah khyran - seems like good manners is just too much to hope for and I have quite the temper myself which I really need to work on - I shouldn't be wasting my time arguing against ghanaam!

Insaanah
11-06-2012, 07:56 PM
We've been gouged - pay $3.00 for a small bottle of water when a gallon otherwise would cost $1.00 and this is the water we'repouring down the non working toilets.
Storm Sandy: New York inquiry into overpricing

May normality be restored soon and may Allah make this easy for you. The news item above says how temps are close to freezing. It's hard for the rest of us to fully appreciate as most of us are in the warm and light, with electricity, hot water, sanitation, hot food etc. This must be especially hard on older people. I know there are others throughout the world for whom this is a daily struggle, but it doesn't detract from what is happening to those affected by the hurricane.

جوري
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
That's how I personally look at this fantastic impromptu drill!
Solidarity with Syrians/ palis/ afghans etc. we often say poor you feel bad and go about our business - now like Ramadan but slightly different we can understand some of what they're going through although not as long and sans the drones- at any rate maybe Americans at large can now wake up!

Mustafa2012
11-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Might just do that mustafa in shaa Allah- jazaka Allah khyran - seems like good manners is just too much to hope for and I have quite the temper myself which I really need to work on - I shouldn't be wasting my time arguing against ghanaam!

BTW, if you and the other tenants threaten to end your tenancy that would really make the owners pay attention.

I hope you get some justice.

جوري
11-06-2012, 09:13 PM
I gave up on justice in this country - what's going down isnt the worst injustice we suffered at an exorbitant fee which isn't necessarily always financial!
Been looking to relocate to the Middle East for several years now!

Aprender
11-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Been looking to relocate to the Middle East for several years now!
Take me with you.

جوري
11-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Hang in there sissy we'll get through this in shaa Allah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-07-2012, 12:18 AM
I left the neg rep with that comment, and I don't regret it at all. I'll explain why:

A lot of people are suffering because of Sandy - trust me, I know first hand. A lot of people lost WAY more than you did and are in much worse condition. I'm not belittling your hardship, I'm putting it into perspective. Losing entire homes and businesses is not equal to losing power and heat for 8 days.

I came and read the thread objectively a week after the hurricane - no access to the internet. Go figure. This is what you wrote first -

Not a scary thing at all. Western govt. just love to create fear and panic in people.. yesterday I was out to get a few items and every place was jam packed with panic stricken people it is actually quite comical. Then the constant drills of get out, the water and electricity will be gone. I just approach this with the same grain of salt when I watch their other news about those deadly terrorists or whatever- their job is to create fear and cause panic and then take count of who in our midst is obedient .. don't get me wrong it is crazy outside but not to the point they're painting it. They make me sick!
Of course, it's all hype right? Let's blame the govt and the media who are just trying to create fear and panic in people right? The people who went out and were stocking up - of course, they're just "comical" nuts who don't know better. No, you decided that tawakkul is staying put when you were in a Zone A mandatory evacuation area:

I am in the throes of it.. live right on the water too in Zone A
They were saying loud and clear, "IF you live in Zone A - GET OUT" - you decided it was just rubbish and stayed. Who's fault is that? Of course, that's the govt's and management's fault. Hilarious. You have NO RIGHT to complain about not having power and water for so long if you stayed put in the MANDATORY EVAC ZONE when they told you to GET OUT. Your fault for staying. Get real and take some responsibility for your own actions instead of just complaining.

I actually didn't really care about your opinions until this point but then, someone posted about ICNA Relief (amongst others) volunteers and the very real effort people are doing ON THEIR OWN money and time to help victims of the hurricane -

And you decide, now that the hurricane was really damaging, that just cause you haven't recieved any help yet (I agree, that's a problem not right) - you decide that everyone who's volunteering their time and effort are doing so as "publicity stunts". Seriously, how cynical are you? How self-centered are you? You should have gotten help, yes, it should have been handled better, yes - but being cynical about sincere volunteer efforts and undermining them - I think that's really low of you.

And then of course, let's blame the management that told you to get out for not getting out. It's their fault you stayed right? SMH.

Don't believe all the publicity stunts about the good volunteers helping its as realistic as the pic with all the cables. I live in a relatively well off area and we've had no help whatsoever and the rest are far worse off!
Please don't speak about a situation where you're neither seeing or feeling or living but take what stories they're putting for you to influence your beliefs out most of us without power can't show you how we're living and as stated I am in what is considered the best part of NYC!
I am not going to touch upon glo's lunacy honestly when you're this angry you can't deal with the delusions of others!
Management is an EPIC FAIL on all levels!
Seriously, I don't understand anyone can take you seriously. A lot of people were effected and are MUCH WORSE OFF than you. They lost their HOMES entirely and you know what? They're not complaining half as bad as you are. Believe me when I tell you, I know people that lost a hell lot more than you have - Muslims and Non-Muslims.

And yes, your posts used to be good and now whenever I happen to see your posts, I see either conspiracy theories, blaming others, and how everyone else is the problem in the world and how no one can be trusted. If I see something I don't agree with, I'll call it out. I know you like to have the last word, so go ahead and reply to this, I really don't care but don't expect a reply.

Oh and you said in the visitor message:

and disappointing for all of this to be coming from a Muslim!
Don't play the Muslim card here. It's a cop-out and an emotional argument. The Messenger (saw) was the most caring towards humanity as a whole. Muslims and Non-Muslims were effected by the hurricane - it's a human life issue. And when I see someone being cynical and self-centered especially in a situation where human life was lost and hurt, I'll call it out, Muslim or Non-Muslim. Your comments on that thread were disheartening to say the least. I'm glad most Muslims don't think the way you do.

Btw, for anyone wondering where the quotes are from, they're from the other Hurricane Sandy thread (now closed).

جوري
11-07-2012, 02:56 AM
If you'd actually read carefully my posts you'd have picked up on key issues which we would all agree is better than making it up yourself least of which you're not only unread on the matter but far removed from what's going on whether as a naturally occuring phenomenon or for whatever political manipulations!
The storm itself came and went with no incident- the problems started after and were purposeful for instance turning off powers and advertising that not much damage was sustsined yet incessantly withholding power/ heat etc. and deciding late in the game what should have been addressed before the storm as a preventative measure!
when there was a far worse flood in 2000-2001 with water to the knees no such problems had transpired leads us to one simple conclusion. I have lived here since i was a little girl 20+ years hurricanes have come and gone without spectacle!
purposefully turning off power or purposefully upping gas prices or purposefully coming up with arbitrary nonsensical inane laws as to who should fill up their gas on which days based on license plate or purposefully stopping people from coming into the city with less than three passengers and purposefully upping the price of water in an island supposedly drowning should alarm even the most dense patriot!
The hurricane didn't create the mess management on all levels did so in fact thanks for highighting the above as I wrote it before all this transpired and stand by it as the hurricane was happening everything was fine and as hyped as it was they DOWNGRADED it to mere tropical storm! And what they wanted to do before and after was accomplished as planned and just as we'd written. Pity for you what you're using as ammo is apparently statements that are still completely over your head!
Furthermore, I am not sure where you concluded my being upset by any damage? I haven't complained of losses just showacases your love for delivering sanctimonious sermons!
indeed it's Gods will and perhaps the people deserve it as a wake up call!

Now please show me my 'conspiracies' prove them to be so and highlight my selfish need to receive help!
I love squishing bugs I can't imagine the day where I'd cry for help from a kaffir or even a Muslim may Allah swt always fill me with steadfastness, truth and courage to face boldly whatever comes my way in shaa Allah!
You've a cute video I don't have the luxury of watching from my cell but again you miss the point entirely that of the two people on my floor alone who were in desperate need of help and didn't receive it and their stories are echoed all throughout - sincerity comes during those times neighbor helps neighbor but it doesn't make it to YouTube nor should it!
The city FEMA and the clan didn't arrange for folks who can't evacuate any means of doing so! Capice? Not enough to make a mandate from a man with dementia or a woman with a triple bypass a day before and Also shut off their light and elevator service.. Walahi you get more colorful with every post!

I just think you a coward and you're of course free to think of me as you please you're just not allowed to inflict it on me and run for cover! It is not the poetic romanticism I once attributed its just plain lack of a backbone which by the way was my initial disappointment not the Muslim card as you put it- but then given the total disregard you've shown umar Ibn ilkhataab (RA) I am not surprised by the bombs you drop along the way!
I don't feel like dignifying your accusations otherwise with a defense it was plain disgusting to read such distortions- and it's due to your own emotionality and love of theatrics that you read a snippets of words out of context and then draw such satisfaction out of such overly simplistic conclusions!

Best,

Signor
11-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 8.135, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.
Allah's Apostle

said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."

جوري
11-07-2012, 03:33 AM
الحمد لله I am far from angry if the above was meant for me- I urge you to actually visit the closed thread and read it including the good I felt came out of this created crisis!
Bad circumstances make men out of boys and that goes for both gender so how can one hate what makes them come out on top stronger?
Strength also comes from facing boldly what comes not out of concessions like those weak and enfeebled souls who've known no agony and no defeat or even victory in small accretion but arm themselves with useless semantics and haven't a clue as to how to function in a none theoretical environment!

Aprender
11-07-2012, 05:31 AM
It seems like every single time this sister makes a thread on this forum the same group of Muslims here proceed to abuse and bash her for reasons that I don't even understand. I don't see how not praying for someone means they have no humanity. Most non-Muslims could care less if some random Muslim prays for them to be honest. Most of them think we're crazy anyway.

I don't know where you guys are getting that this sister is inhumane simply because she doesn't pray for kaffir. At least she's helping them. I don't think most people would say a person lacks humanity because they don't pray for other people. To lack humanity is to watch someone suffer and choose not to help them when you have every capability to do so!

As a matter of fact, in the thread that was closed this sister asked us not to make dua for her but to Muslims in other parts of the world who are suffering much worse and have to live with the reality of bombs, no water, proper sanitation and warmth every day.

White Rose
11-07-2012, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
But why are these stories any more special or painful than those happening in Muslim countries? I am sorry, I am more attached to lands back-home, I feel more pain when ppl die in natural tragedies there, especially when their stories are forgotten just cuz they happen in 3rd world countries.

I am more hurt for a Muslim Kashmiri man who went missing in October and yesterday his body was recovered in Jhelum river.
Exactly, muslims should look out for fellow muslims first then non muslims. What happened to brother hood and feeling the same pain they feel? Are we so desensitized that we will forget the pain of our muslim brotherhood and talk about how we should feel pain for everyone else? Yes, we should care for everyone, but our priority is our ummah! Some people are so tired of seeing their own muslims defend non muslims in front of them, that they have no compassion left for these non muslims.

Please dont let this thread close because we need updates on whats going on with our fellow muslims in the east coast.

:jz:

Aprender
11-07-2012, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Abi Ahmed
"random unknown kaffirs" - The mother, Glenda Moore from Staten Island that lost both her sons who were swept from her arms by a wave
I know of this story. I was heartbroken when I heard about what happened to those two beautiful children :cry: but I was disgusted when I heard the things that other non-Muslims were saying about this woman and the way people that were there chose not to help her even search for them shortly after that happened.

"It's a tragedy." ... "She shouldn't have been out though."..."You know it's one of those unfortunate things."

And when she went to look for the boys some news article quote her sister saying:

"They answered the door and said, 'I don't know you. I'm not going to help you,’” her sister told the paper. "My sister's like 5-foot-3, 130 pounds. She looks like a little girl. She's going to come to you and you're going to slam the door in her face and say, 'I don't know you, I can't help you'?'”

This to me is what I call a lack of humanity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!