/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam i need urgent help and advice

Khadija47
11-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Salaam I am posting this because I need help. I've been a Muslim for almost 2 years. I suffer from depression which is very bad. I'm seeing a Muslim counsellor but I've neglected salah and I fear I've commited major shirk. How can I repent of this and get back to being a good muslimah. I've been told that I can re state my shahada which I did but again I neglected salah. I don't know what to do. I find it hard even to take care of myself because of the depression. Can I become a good Muslim? I need help how can I start again would I have to re take shahada or do repentance. Please help me. Khadija47

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
11-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Assalamualaikum

Read the translation of Quran and remember why you converted. Strenghten your faith in Allah with the help of prayer.

'O you who believe! Seek help in patience and the prayer.'-(Qur’an 2:153)

Remember Allah do zikr everytime. He is watching you everytime whether you do anything. He guided you to the straight path and try to remember death. You don't know when you will die so don't waste time in depression.

'Verily,in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.-'(Qur’an 13:28)

'Remember Me; I will remember you'- (Quran 2:152)

Allah knows your struggle and He will help you inshallah. Ask him to help you while praying.

Tell them (O Muhammad ): 'O My slaves who have wronged their souls, do not despair of Allah's mercy, for Allah will forgive all the sins. He is indeed very Forgiving, very Compassionate, Turn to Him then, and obey Him (in all your affairs).'"
(Al-Zumar:53,54)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Perhaps the Prophet mentioned the following (as Allah's Saying):
"If My slave comes nearer to Me for a span, I go nearer to him for a cubit; and if he comes nearer to Me for a cubit; I go nearer to him for the span of outstretched arms.
(Sahih Bukhari: Book #93, Hadith #628)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
"Do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately. . .Always adopt a middle, moderate, regular course, whereby you will reach your target (of paradise)."
- Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 470

Remember:
I will not let the deeds of any doer among you go to waste, male or female-you are both the same in that respect.
Those who have left their homes and were driven from their homes, and [who] suffered harm in My Way and fought and were killed,
I will erase their bad actions and admit them into Gardens with rivers flowing under them, as a reward from Allah. The best of all rewards is with Allah.
(Surah Al 'Imran: 195)

Snowflake
11-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Firstly, dear sister, I congratulate you on coming to Islam, al hamdulillah. :statisfie

The good news is that feeling bad about missing salat is a sign that you have iman. It's when that doesn't happen then we really are in trouble.

Islam recognizes human weaknesses and has made concessions accordingly. For example, a traveler's prayer is shorter so as not to add to his burdens. I hope for your ease you know which units of prayers aren't compulsory. If you aren't sure please ask and we will be glad to help you insha Allah.

I, myself suffered from depression for many years. To be honest I don't know when it stopped except that the more I lost myself in Islam, and forced myself to pray, the more my depression eased. At first I offered only the obligatory prayers if nothing else and hoped that one day I'd be able to pray my full salat. It took time but today by the grace and mercy of Allah subhana wa ta 'ala, I am praying more than just my obligatory salats and have no sign of depression anymore. If I ever feel myself slipping, or my iman getting weak I know by know that increasing myself in repentance and dhikr will keep me on track al hamdulillah.

Sadly the very thing that cures depression (worship) is the one that has become difficult for you. No one can pray for anyone else hun, so it is going to take your own efforts to do it. Allah knows His creation better than anyone else and He is Most Patient, Kind, Loving and Merciful and never in His Kingdom will the efforts of a believer be wasted. He knows we are weak, and gifted us with repentance so that He may forgive our sins. That means dear sister that we must try our very best to fulfill His Commands, and where we fail we must repent and hope for His forgiveness and mercy, and ask for His help to remove the difficulties we are facing, but always keep trying.

I found a ruling for those who suffer with depression and find salah difficult. I hope it helps and I ask Allah, The Lord of The Magnificent Throne to cure you until there is no trace of illness left and bless you wth a healthy mind and body and the strongest of iman. Ameen.

From Islamqa

Question: My daughter is suffering from a mental illness (depression) and last Ramadaan she did not fast because she had suffered a relapse and was not fully aware of what was going on around here. I have been suffering with her for many months. What should I do?
My second question is: when this girl goes to sleep, I cannot wake her up for any prayer until she wakes up by herself because of the difficulties that I have with her. Is there any sin on the mother?
This girl is 23 years old and has been ill for 4 years. She suffers a relapse twice a year. Please pray for her to be healed.

Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly: We ask Allaah, may He be exalted, to heal your daughter and set her affairs straight. Secondly:

If this illness is so severe that she loses consciousness during the day in Ramadaan, then she does not have to make up the days that she has missed, because she is not obliged to fast in that case.

But if the illness is only depression, and she remains conscious, then there are two scenarios:

(i) Her sickness is one from which there is hope of recovery according to the doctors, in which case she has to make up the days that she missed when the sickness ends. (ii) Her sickness is one from which there is no hope of recovery, in which case she is not obliged to fast, rather she should feed one poor person for each day.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: There was a sick person who was not sick for part of Ramadaan, then he lost consciousness and he is still unconscious. Should his sons make up the fasts on his behalf?
He replied:

He does not have to make up the fasts if he has lost his mind or has fallen unconscious. When he regains consciousness he does not have to make up those days. His case is like that of an insane or feeble-minded person, who does not have to make up missed fasts. But if his unconsciousness lasted only briefly, for one to two days, or three at the most, then there is nothing wrong with making up the missed fasts in order to be on the safe side. But if it lasted for longer, then he is like a feeble-minded person, and he does not have to make them up. If Allaah restores his sanity then he may resume his duties. End quote from Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (15/209).

Thirdly: If your daughter does not wake up to perform the prayers on time, and you cannot wake her up, there is no sin on you in sha Allaah. When she wakes up she has to make up the prayers that she has missed, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer or sleeps and misses it, the expiation is to offer it when he remembers it.” Narrated by Muslim, 684.

But if it is too difficult for her to offer every prayer on time, then she may join Zuhr and ‘Asr, and Maghrib and ‘Isha’, at the time of the earlier or later prayer, depending on whatever is easier for her. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Shortening the prayers may be done only when travelling, and it is not permissible when not travelling. But joining prayers may be done in cases of need and excuses. If a person needs to, he may join prayers when travelling, whether the journey is long or short, and prayers may be joined in the case of rain and the like, and in the case of sickness, and for other reasons. The point is that the ummah be spared hardship. End quote from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/293. And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/72212

Haya emaan
11-08-2012, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
But joining prayers may be done in cases of need and excuses. If a person needs to, he may join prayers when travelling, whether the journey is long or short, and prayers may be joined in the case of rain and the like, and in the case of sickness, and for other reasons.
some thing new i have learned. didn't knew this before except that you are allowed to join prayers in travelling and rain.. want to know more about this and some questions arising in my mind. so for example what kind of sickness will be defined here and what could be other reasons. inshaAllah i will search for answers and if any one else can help here inshaAllah.

jazakAllah khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
11-09-2012, 04:18 PM
sister, you need to learn the religion more so you can know the necessity of praying. after faith has entered your heart completely you will pray because you want to not just because you have to. worshipping Allah (our Lord and Creator) is a connection with Allah and we should enjoy it. It is an enjoyable experience which is why some people stand in etra (nawafil) prayers for long space of time, reading many Surahs of the Quran. Some people do many Rakahs of QiyamulLail or Tahajjud at night; some people stand in prayer the whole night, crying in prayer etc. this is because they have felt the sweetness of prayer and the connection with Allah. May Allah bless us with such emaan. ameen.

You can read Quran commentary at: http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html

Read the last Surahs first as they are shorter. Or you can read translation of Surahs at http://www.quran.com and read commentary of verses you don't understand or want to know more about.

Snowflake
11-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

Sister Khadija, I hope you are alright and are able to reply soon insha Allah :)

Khadija47
11-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Salaam I thank you all for your replies there are so many things I have to learn and insha allaah I will. Khadija47

Snowflake
11-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wb,

Insha Allah sister. I am so glad you replied al hamdulillah. I was concerned.

Below is a very good thread and videos on how to overcome our struggles in life. I hope you will read through it all and watch the videos. May Allah heal you and remove from you all stresses and sorrows. Ameen

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ials-life.html

Khadija47
11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Salaam and thank you Sister Snowflake I appreciate your help I have Bipolar and I get swings of mood and quite servere depression.. I thank you for the videos I shall watch them the article I found so helpfull. May Allaahs blessyou for your kindness. Ameen. Khadija47

Snowflake
11-10-2012, 09:54 PM

You're welcome sis. Jazaki Allah khayr for your dua. And insha Allah, I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to.

Also do you know what ruqyah is? And if you don't mind me asking are you in the UK by any chance?

Khadija47
11-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Salaam Sister Snowflake thank you once again for your support. No I don't know what Ruqyah is. and yes I live in UK may Allaah bless you for your kindness. Ameen ws khadija47

Snowflake
11-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wb Sis Khadija,

How do you feel today? Were the videos helpful in any way insha Allah?

It's my pleasure to do what I can sis. All good is from Allah, and I am grateful to Him for letting me reach out to you. Al hamdulillah. Are you near/in Birmingham by any chance? It'd be so cool if you are. :)

Ruqyah is healing through the Quran in which verses are recited over the patient. The verses can also be recited over water, honey and oil and the patient can use these for additional benefit.

"And We sent down in the Qur'an that which is healing
and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust
it causes nothing but loss after loss".
(Qur'an 17:82)

The most important condition for making ruqyah is having belief that healing is from Allah alone. That nothing afflicts us without His will and being patient. Insha Allah it is very beneficial for the treatment of depression. It's best if we do it our self, but for those who can't, they can go to a Raki (person who does ruqyah on others). There are some dos and donts about going to rakis as not all are genuine which I can fill you in on later insha Allah.

Khadija47
11-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Salaam sister I live not far from Wigan which is between Manchester and Liverpool. I would be interested in learning more about ruqyah. I am not feeling too bad today. I hope your having a good day Sister insha allaah. ws khadija47

format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wb Sis Khadija,

How do you feel today? Were the videos helpful in any way insha Allah?

It's my pleasure to do what I can sis. All good is from Allah, and I am grateful to Him for letting me reach out to you. Al hamdulillah. Are you near/in Birmingham by any chance? It'd be so cool if you are. :)

Ruqyah is healing through the Quran in which verses are recited over the patient. The verses can also be recited over water, honey and oil and the patient can use these for additional benefit.

"And We sent down in the Qur'an that which is healing
and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust
it causes nothing but loss after loss".
(Qur'an 17:82)

The most important condition for making ruqyah is having belief that healing is from Allah alone. That nothing afflicts us without His will and being patient. Insha Allah it is very beneficial for the treatment of depression. It's best if we do it our self, but for those who can't, they can go to a Raki (person who does ruqyah on others). There are some dos and donts about going to rakis as not all are genuine which I can fill you in on later insha Allah.

Snowflake
11-12-2012, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadija47
Salaam sister I live not far from Wigan which is between Manchester and Liverpool. I would be interested in learning more about ruqyah. I am not feeling too bad today. I hope your having a good day Sister insha allaah. ws khadija47
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Al hamdulillah, I'm glad you felt a little better. How are you today? Aw you live so far sis. Qadr Allah. I had a great day decorating my house. Al hamdulillah, now that my health is better, I am doing things I haven't been able to do for years.

Did you find it easier to perform salah? I remember when I used to struggle with salah and not feel like praying. I have Fibromyalgia and that topped with depression, made even wudhu feel like I had a mountain to climb. May Allah forgive me, I can remember wishing that we could pray without wudhu. :(

But I knew the importance of salah, and so I'd force myself to pray. I succeeded 98% of the time. To help myself, I'd think of all the blessings Allah has given me. I would think that I can see, walk, talk, feed myself, clean and wash myself, breathe without struggling. I am free from serious disease. I have food, clothes, a comfortable bed, a home and all the conveniences I need. A caring family, good friends and the blessings of motherhood. Then I'd think of how it would feel if any of those were taken from me and replaced with hardship. I'd read about the awfully debilitating illnesses people were suffering from, the awful circumstances people lived in and the suffering of poor and oppressed, and I'd feel fear that not praying could bring Allah's punishment on me. And this thought as well as knowing that I should not just thank Allah by the ease of uttering a few word of thanks, but to practically show my gratitude for my blessings by worshiping Him through the obligatory salah helped me stay firm with my prayers. But my efforts only made a big difference when I humiliated myself in front of Allah and asked Him to help me because I was too weak to do this by myself.

We have no doubt that Allah is worthy of worship. The above just reminds me that we could never worship Allah enough, and that the least we could do is to fulfill the obligatory salahs.

You can do a short ruqyah for yourself sister. It won't take long and you will notice a difference insha Allah. One of shaytan's filthy tricks to prevent us and scare us away from doing good is to increase bad thoughts and feelings. If this happens, just ignore it insha Allah and persist with what you are doing. With Allah, your efforts will never go to waste.

I find I am more likely to succeed in something if I am mentally and physically prepared for it. For example, I want to do ruqyah. If I tell myself I will do it today, chances are I will either forget about it, get caught in something else and procrastinate, or just not feel like doing it at all. But if I set the alarm so that I can leave what I'm doing and go and make wudhu, have the book/copy from which I will be reading ruqyah from, choose a quiet comfortable place where I won't be disturbed, and make sure I have nothing planned at that time, it will feel more like an appointment that I am waiting for and that I have to keep. And because I will have prepared for it, I will have the incentive to go and do the rest.

Insha Allah, if you adopt this method, I think you will be able to perform a short but very effective ruqyah on yourself.

It is preferable to make wudhu but not compulsory. However, ruqyah should be made in a state of major impurity, or in places such as graveyards, bathrooms etc.

Ibn Teen (Rahimuhullah) said:

"Treating with Muawwizaat, (Surah An-Naas, Al-Falaq, etc) and other forms, such as the names of Allah are medicine for the soul. So if these forms of treatment are on the tongue of the righteous, cure will be achieved by the will of Allah."

The short ruqyah is:

- Surah Al Falaq 3x (one set)
- Surah An Nas 3 x (one set)
- Ayatul Qursi (Verse 55 of Suratul Baqarah)
- And preferably the last two verses of the same Surah.

Begin by seeking refuge in Allah, and after reciting one set, blow on your palms and wipe them over yourself starting from your head to as fat as your hands can reach. Do the same after each recitation. For even greater benefit recite Surah Al Fatiha 7x at the beginning, then follow the sets as listed. Do this at least twice a day sister. Once before you sleep and upon waking/after Fajr insha Allah.

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullah.

P.S. I have Pmed you.

Khadija47
11-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Salaam sister Snowflake, I also have fibromyalgia I was diagnosed over ten years ago but I understand what you mean. I checked my PMs but nothing yet and I cannot send you a PM untill I become a full member. Thank you for the ruqyah can I ask can I say the sura's in English? As I don't know the Arabic. I thank you for your support I appreciate it so much. I would have sent you a PM but untill I become a full member I'm not allowed. It's a shame but I can understand why I have to wait untill I become a full member. But I can keep in touch via this thread insha allaah. ws Khadija

Snowflake
11-13-2012, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadija47
Salaam sister Snowflake, I also have fibromyalgia I was diagnosed over ten years ago but I understand what you mean. I checked my PMs but nothing yet and I cannot send you a PM untill I become a full member. Thank you for the ruqyah can I ask can I say the sura's in English? As I don't know the Arabic. I thank you for your support I appreciate it so much. I would have sent you a PM but untill I become a full member I'm not allowed. It's a shame but I can understand why I have to wait untill I become a full member. But I can keep in touch via this thread insha allaah. ws Khadija

Oops! Sorry sister. I got distracted by a phone call and forgot to PM you. Please check your inbox. I've sent you something.

Subhan Allah, this is no coincidence sister. We must've met for a reason. I wasn't going to share this just yet as I was waiting for more time to pass in case of a relapse, but as you mentioned that you also have Fibro, I am happy to tell you that my symptoms have almost all vanished. I had no expectations of it happening the way it did. I just went on a high protein diet (Atkins) and soon noticed that the lethargy, extreme fatigue, brain fog, pains and all the weird symptoms you get with fibro have all gone. I've spent the last three days decorating my house, and still have energy to spare al hamdulillah. Allahu akbar. He made the Atkins diet a cure for me.

A sister told me that fibro is linked to protein deficiency, so I will be reading more about that insha Allah and will pass you the details. Or you can Google it to see what you come up with. It's so exciting, no? :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!