/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New participant

Bornagain
11-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I've not yet posted on the forum and have been asked to introduce myself first. Don't know that anyone is going to be interested particularly in my background but this much I'm perfectly willing to share. I am Christian and I mostly have seen negative things about Islam. I came to this board to get what I hope will be a more balanced view. I've been a Christian since the 70's and am most definitely going to stay that way. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and that anyone who believes differently will not be saved unless they convert. However, I am not here to try to convert anyone, only to find out more why Muslims believe in Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forum, sis.

:welcome:

Bornagain
11-07-2012, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Welcome to the forum, sis.

:welcome:
Thank you ardianto.

جوري
11-07-2012, 02:12 PM
:welcome: aboard,

I feel that this snippet will answer the short of your query but visiting the entire thread will take care of the long and short of it so follow the link:

On the contrary Islam has everything to do with logic. Faith should not be placed in illogical doctrines passed down by one's ancestors. Islam provides the most coherent, comprehensive and parsimonious explanation for our existence. It is analogous to how scientists accept the theory that provides the most parsimonious explanation for a specific observable phenomenon.
Please also see:
http://www.islamicboard.com/416060-post165.html (GOD in the eyes of Science: Possibility or Necessity)
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...tml#post556085

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bornagain
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
:welcome: aboard,

I feel that this snippet will answer the short of your query but visiting the entire thread will take care of the long and short of it so follow the link:
Thanks, but I'm not asking if Islam is the "right religion". I'm attempting to find out why Muslims believe differently than I do, not if they are "right" in their faith.

جوري
11-07-2012, 02:47 PM
we know Islam to be God's final revelation to the world- to be the only religion with textual integrity, logical consistency, coherence, logic and complete guidance to how to govern every affair in our daily lives from laws on inheritance to how to govern a state to how to deal with others!
We also believe that you're the one who is at odds with strict monotheism as brought by all the messengers!
Christianity is the only so- called monotheistic religion where the messenger rather than the creator is the object of adoratio!

Best,

Bint-e-Adam
11-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Welcome to aboard....:statisfie

Signor
11-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Welcome To the Forums

If you will show respect for Islam without any biasness,you will be answered with the best possible answers.Otherwise arguments leading to arguments ain't fruitful to you or any one of us.I think many christians whom this forum is currently hosting can be witness of my statements.

sister herb
11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Peace with you

Welcome to forum. Hopely you will find answers to your questions.

Aprender
11-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the forum. I used to be a Christian too. I hope you learn much during your visit here.

Sumaiya54
11-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Welcome sis! God willing, you learn more about Islam on this forum!

I hope I can answer your question well (why Muslims believe differently than Christians) is because we, please do not take this offensively, do not believe it is possible for a man to be God. For us, it does just not make sense. However, Muslims believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) was born from one mother and that he preformed many miracles, they do not believe that he died on the cross and instead was replaced by someone else. (Also, Mary is very respected in Islam, as from the Quran it says: And [mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the worlds (Chapter 3 Verse 42). Jesus (Peace be Upon Him) is one of the 5 greatest Prophets in Islam as well as Muhammed (Peace be Upon Him), Moses (Peace be Upon Him), Adam (Peace be Upon Him), and Noah (Peace be Upon Him). Muslims also believe in the Bible and the Torah but believe they have been distorted overtime.

To us, God (or as we say "Allah" but it means the same thing) is one whole, nothing is better than him. "Allah is He besides Whom there is no god, the Everliving, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist; slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep; whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is the Most High, the Great." ~Quran (which we believe is the word of God) , Surah (Chapter) 2, Ayah (verse) 255.

Apart from that, you will find that many of the beliefs of Christians are similar to Islamic beliefs as well.
And please, do not listen to all that the media says about Islam. They are usually distorting facts and they never report the good things about it.

I also have a few questions for you.
Why is Jesus (Pbuh) praised more than Adam (Pbuh) when Adam did not have a mother or a father?
What about this verse in the bible (I understand this might not be the bible that you read, I am sorry if so)? And in vain they worship Me [Matthew 15:9]

M.I.A.
11-07-2012, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bornagain
I've not yet posted on the forum and have been asked to introduce myself first. Don't know that anyone is going to be interested particularly in my background but this much I'm perfectly willing to share. I am Christian and I mostly have seen negative things about Islam. I came to this board to get what I hope will be a more balanced view. I've been a Christian since the 70's and am most definitely going to stay that way. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and that anyone who believes differently will not be saved unless they convert. However, I am not here to try to convert anyone, only to find out more why Muslims believe in Islam.
we as muslims, believe in jesus AS.. just in a differing capacity to christians.

none would consider themselves christian, much the same as you do not consider yourself a muslim.. but most muslims would have more respect for jesus AS then you do for muhammed pbuh.

...well id like to think that anyway.

the funny thing is that the message was around for a long time before both prophets peace and blessings be upon them.

its the same thing wrapped in different languages.

and with all due respect they are the most revered and entrusted.

and with all due respect,
you just have to muddle through it the best you can.

salvation is not in a namesake.

it is in the teachings and the journey.

i mean even if you had no idea what religion was, you would probably go through the same things in life.

born again implies to me that you finally get what the world is.

i probably offended muslims just as much as christians with that post.

hope you have a beneficial stay at ibforum

PurpleCup
11-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Muslims believe the Christians and Jews will enter Hell..

sister herb
11-08-2012, 08:07 AM
^ ...also they believe that Allah is the most mercifull.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!