/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salat at work

anonymous
11-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I want to make sure I pray salat on time at work.

I want to know is it permissible to pray in a shower room that contains no toilet just a shower. I really need this answer backed up from Quran/Hadith because I don't want to commit a sin or pray in haraam environment

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Someone please reply as I missed my salat today :(

Aprender
11-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Can you go outside and pray in the parking lot near your car?

Muwaahid
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
as-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah, just reflecting on the information provided in your post I think it is imperative for you to consider the following, during the time of the prophet[alayhi salam] the place where the people relieved themselves was called baytul khalaa, it was an area in which the people used to relieve themselves and it is not what we understand today as a bathroom. I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT IT IS PERMISSIBLE TO PRAY IN THE SHOWER ROOM. How ever what I am saying is perhaps you can forward this question to a site that gives islamic verdicts. Also keep in mind that there are individual who may urinate in shower rooms akramakumullah. So from the prerequisites for prayer is that the place of worship is taahir. So when and if you pursue this fatwa then include this in your question.

Also if possible, im sure many jobs will accomodate you, maybe an office area or an area away from everyone for five or ten minutes, not to mention that you may join your salawaat, dhuhr and asr or maghrib and isha, there are discussions concerning these issues, there is a principle that we need to understand, "wa li-kulli makana maqala" for every situation or place there is a statement. It would do us well to look into these.
Wa Billahit Tawfeeq

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM
I am a sister and where i have to park my car is a lot of bushes so therefore dont feel comfortable. Also i will be visable to people and not keen on that.

I have found the shower room which is just a shower and no toilet. I know we cannot pray in a toilet but is it permissable to pray in a shower room.

جوري
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
What's the purpose of the shower room? It's a place of najs regardless it is intended for people to clean filth from their body or relieve themselves and shyateen hang around such places. If you felt in your heart that it was an ok place you wouldn't ask the Q. So I think you know the answer already deep in your heart!
At any rate we are not scholars - praying in or by your car isn't a bad idea the discomfort will go away once you do it- I had many of the same fears but found myself on the road a lot with no alternative -
You can also ask for a space at work and they can't deny you as far as I can tell every institution has a 'multi denominational chapel/ meditation/ prayer space'

And Allah swt knows best

:w:

Marina-Aisha
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Yea totally agree with sister, just ask ur manger. I thought they wouldn't b cool with it when I ask they were fine. There's no harm is asking.

anonymous
11-08-2012, 08:55 PM
True - people do sometimes urinate in showers so I guess I shouldn't pray there.

I wasn't keen on praying there either.

I'm so scared to ask for a prayer room - I know that sounds bad but I am, obviously they can't sack me for askig. Now there is a storage cupboard but there is a chance someone will see me.

Now there is another door in our basement and I think I pehaps could pray there... But I am too scared to enter that place as I've never seen anyone go there

Haya emaan
11-08-2012, 09:56 PM
do people at your work place know you are a Muslim?

anonymous
11-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes they know I am Muslim as I don't go out with them for drinks etc and wear hijab

جوري
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM
We were at a convention the other day - there were two or three Muslims all afraid to ask for a place to pray- my sis requested a space which they more than accommodated and also got all the Muslims a kosher meal!
They need you obviously hired you for a reason - you're not asking for a raise just a small clean space for five minutes!
We really ought to collectively stop being afraid- they view it as guilt and act accordingly - so are we guilty of being Muslim? Trust in Allah and have taqwa and he'll find you a way - always have courage and temper everything with the knowledge that this life is temporary and everything you stand up for in the name of Islam is probably what will count in the end not keeping amicable relations with kaffirs nor the pennies made of which half of goes to fund Israel or wars against Muslim nations!
And like I said if you really can't then just go on your lunch break pray in the back seat of your car or whatever - it's the most important thing that even a dying person with no means of caring for self still makes as it becomes more symbolic and less physical!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!