/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Further Education

Mathsisfun
11-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Salaams,

I completed my O levels just a few months back and now I’m planning to apply to a university in Iran.
I talked to a couple of people regarding my decision and I was advised to take up a small degree so it’s recognized in the US and the UK. However, most degrees require A level qualifications which I do not have. Can any of you please advise me on what to do? Any contribution will be highly appreciated.

Thank you :)​

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa2012
11-10-2012, 01:02 AM
:wa:

Congratulations on completing your O levels. :ma:

I don't know if you noticed on the news but Iran is not the most politically stable country right now. There's a lot talk of some countries preparing to go to war with them.

It might be worth checking other countries maybe where you have some relatives for company and support etc. unless you have family in Iran of course.

If there's any particular reason why you can't do your course in a more stable country, I would advise against it.

Mathsisfun
11-10-2012, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
Congratulations on completing your O levels.

I don't know if you noticed on the news but Iran is not the most politically stable country right now. There's a lot talk of some countries preparing to go to war with them.

It might be worth checking other countries maybe where you have some relatives for company and support etc. unless you have family in Iran of course.

If there's any particular reason why you can't do your course in a more stable country, I would advise against it.
Thank you :)

Yes, I've heard the news. It's very unfortunate.

Actually, I'm planning to do Islamic studies so I can become an Aalima or an IRE teacher. That's why I was deciding on Iran. Pakistan has a hawza for Islamic studies as well but my family decided against it because Pakistan is far more dangerous at the moment :/ Are you aware of any other safer country that could relate to my field?

_Y168
11-10-2012, 08:48 AM
The UK! You can do عالمة studies here; everyone offers it!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mustafa2012
11-10-2012, 10:27 AM
You could try Saudi Arabia, UAE or U.K. These countries are much safer than Iran and offer good quality courses.

In Saudi Arabia and possibly UAE they offer scholarships. All you need is an ijaza or a recommendation from a recognized Imaam or scholar in your area and they usually accept that.

There are also some good institutes in Egypt worth checking out.

Mathsisfun
11-11-2012, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by محبة الحرمين
The UK! You can do عالمة studies here; everyone offers it!
Could you name me some universities that offer the course? Some Shia universities please?

Mathsisfun
11-11-2012, 07:59 AM
You could try Saudi Arabia, UAE or U.K. These countries are much safer than Iran and offer good quality courses.

In Saudi Arabia and possibly UAE they offer scholarships. All you need is an ijaza or a recommendation from a recognized Imaam or scholar in your area and they usually accept that.

There are also some good institutes in Egypt worth checking out.
Thank you for the information :) Do you mind naming me some Shia universities that you're well aware of?

Mustafa2012
11-11-2012, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sukeina Khatau
Thank you for the information :) Do you mind naming me some Shia universities that you're well aware of?
Sorry sister. I am not familiar with any Shia universities.

I am Sunni.

Mathsisfun
11-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Sorry sister. I am not familiar with any Shia universities.

I am Sunni.
Shia or Sunni, we're all Muslims. And that matters most :)

And once again, thank you :)

whale95
11-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Regarding your Alevels.. it depends on your O level grades.. If your O level grades are B or higher then go for Alevels if it is less than that... Then I wont advise you... Alevels are way more difficult than O levels... Currently I am doing my Alevels and I know what I am talking about...

If Shiaa and Sunnis are really the same then why do you ask for shiaa universities in particular? :S This was confusing... I guess different groups in shiaa are not even the same,,, from what I have read about them! :S

I would suggest a university in Madinah, Saudi Arabia... They teach true Islam based on prophet teachings, Quran and Sahabas of the prophet...

May Allah bless us all to the truth, Inshalla :)

~Zaria~
11-11-2012, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whale95

May Allah bless us all to the truth, Inshalla :)
^ I think you mean to say: 'Insha Allah' : )

Refer to this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...on-please.html

Mathsisfun
11-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Regarding your Alevels.. it depends on your O level grades.. If your O level grades are B or higher then go for Alevels if it is less than that... Then I wont advise you... Alevels are way more difficult than O levels... Currently I am doing my Alevels and I know what I am talking about...

If Shiaa and Sunnis are really the same then why do you ask for shiaa universities in particular? :S This was confusing... I guess different groups in shiaa are not even the same,,, from what I have read about them! :S

I would suggest a university in Madinah, Saudi Arabia... They teach true Islam based on prophet teachings, Quran and Sahabas of the prophet...

May Allah bless us all to the truth, Inshalla
My grades are good alhamd :) I'm currently doing AS level but I don't have my heart in it :/ I'm looking for career options that don't require A levels.. Islamic education was a suggestion my dad gave me so that's why I'm looking into it.. Otherwise, I'm okay with any course so long as A level isn't required.

Okay I wanted a Shia university because our teachings differ slightly. Although our beliefs are almost alike, teachings are quite different. I don't know how to explain this but I hope you're getting my point..

Different subsets of Shias do exist. Just the way Sunnis follow four different schools of thought.

Thank you for your suggestions :) But do you mind being a bit more specific? Like name me the universities please?

:ia:

whale95
11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Commerce courses do not require any A levels.. In fact, any course does not require any A levels.. eg you can apply to engineering and take the foundation year which is easier than A levels.. however, you will need your school certificate to be above a certain percentage depending on where and which university.. :) So do the course you want to do.. What subjects are you taking in AS?

I would appreciate it if you told me how are the Shias are almost the same as Sunnis and how they are different :) ?

Just to clarify, the four different schools of thought are identical with very few differences according to slightly different understandings of the matter... And basically, any Muslim can follow any of them or some of them or select different matters from each but it is better to follow the steps of the prophet(pbuh)... So I cant really see any difference in the Sunnis...

Islamic University in Madinah (This is a Sunni university if that made a difference to you :P)
I cant post a link as I am a new member sorry :P... so search it on google..

whale95
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Ohh Yeah I read that after I posted! :S INSHA ALLAH

Mathsisfun
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Commerce courses do not require any A levels.. In fact, any course does not require any A levels.. eg you can apply to engineering and take the foundation year which is easier than A levels.. however, you will need your school certificate to be above a certain percentage depending on where and which university.. So do the course you want to do.. What subjects are you taking in AS?

I would appreciate it if you told me how are the Shias are almost the same as Sunnis and how they are different ?

Just to clarify, the four different schools of thought are identical with very few differences according to slightly different understandings of the matter... And basically, any Muslim can follow any of them or some of them or select different matters from each but it is better to follow the steps of the prophet(pbuh)... So I cant really see any difference in the Sunnis...

Islamic University in Madinah (This is a Sunni university if that made a difference to you :P)
I cant post a link as I am a new member sorry :P... so search it on google..
Yes, there's the option of a foundation year.. But I'm such a confused person, I don't even know what I want to do :/ lol
I'm doing Math, English and Physics. And Physics is literally killing me :/

Our basic beliefs are the same. The differences come in when the split occurred i.e the death of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.w) Where Shias believe Imam Ali (a.s) was the chosen caliph and the Sunnis believe that the Prophet left no successor. Therefore, the voting occured at Sakhifa and Abu Bakr was chosen. That is how Sunnis and Shias are different.

Regarding the different schools of Sunni thoughts, I haven't any knowledge about that as of yet. So my apologies for bringing up that point.

Made a big difference :p
We sail in the same boat so I can understand. Thanx for the "help" :p :)

whale95
11-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Physics AS is relatively easy and simple... wait until you see the A2 physics...

ur welcomed..
Anyway, goodluck with your AS Level...

sis muslimah
11-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I found physics AS harder than A2 :/ the exam board we did was just terrible lol the book was jsut full of mistakes. So glad thats all over now :D

Mathsisfun
11-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Physics AS is relatively easy and simple... wait until you see the A2 physics...

ur welcomed..
Anyway, goodluck with your AS Level...
Easy and simple? :o No way :/
God :/ stop scaring me from now :/ lol

Thank you :) And good luck to you too

Mathsisfun
11-13-2012, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah
I found physics AS harder than A2 :/ the exam board we did was just terrible lol the book was jsut full of mistakes. So glad thats all over now
Really? AS seemed harder?
Lucky youu! :) I still have a long way to go :/

whale95
11-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Easy and simple? :o No way :/
God :/ stop scaring me from now :/ lol

Thank you :) And good luck to you too
I am not trying to scare you :P .... Just try to work hard.... and Insha Allah you will get a high grade...

Insha Allah we all succeed...

whale95
11-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I found physics AS harder than A2 :/ the exam board we did was just terrible lol the book was jsut full of mistakes. So glad thats all over now :D
ahhaha.. it depends on each person and the environment around him/her... xD but A2 is hard btw :P Insha Allah I will kill it !! :)

Mathsisfun
11-13-2012, 11:45 AM
I am not trying to scare you :P .... Just try to work hard.... and Insha Allah you will get a high grade...

Insha Allah we all succeed...
I'm trying my best..

:ia: we all will :)

whale95
11-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Insha Allah :)

sis muslimah
11-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Really? AS seemed harder?
Lucky youu! :) I still have a long way to go :/
I think by the time youve done AS you kinda get used to answering the ridiculous questions and the trick questions. May i ask what exam board r u doing?

Mathsisfun
11-14-2012, 06:37 AM
I think by the time youve done AS you kinda get used to answering the ridiculous questions and the trick questions. May i ask what exam board r u doing?
I see.. I'm doing Edexcel

sis muslimah
11-14-2012, 01:14 PM
I see.. I'm doing Edexcel
Be glad your not doing AQA :D

whale95
11-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Be glad ur not doing Cambridge :D xD

sis muslimah
11-14-2012, 04:02 PM
^^ ahaha woah i definately am greatful for that :D

Mathsisfun
11-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Be glad your not doing AQA

Be glad ur not doing Cambridge xD
:shade: Glad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!