/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why must I admire and worship Allah?

anonymous
11-10-2012, 04:04 AM
salaam

Why must I admire and worship Allah? I am a muslim but I have a problem with that...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
11-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Allah is our Creator. We own everything to Him. He provided us with our lives and bodies; the great blessings such as our hands (to work with), our legs (to walk with), our eyes (to see with); sustenance and foods of everykind and of different taste - not one type of food but many many different kines; water to drink; cloth to wear and protect ourselves; the air to breathe; a clean environment; a restful place to rest; night to sleep in and day to work in; etc etc - His blessings are countless. And His greatness can't be imagined. He is the creator of the heavens and the earth, the mountains and the sun, the whole universe - then how Great must He be? We can't even imagine it!

and what are we in comparason? tinier than a grain of sand!

Then shouldn't we Glorify Him and worship Him? It is His right upon us.

If you read the Quran you will learn the Greatness of Allah. Many Surahs have details of His greatness and His blessings that He has given us.

جوري
11-10-2012, 02:09 PM
If you've a problem with it don't so it! Allah swt has no need for your worship!

Marina-Aisha
11-10-2012, 03:13 PM
no one is forcing you!! omg some people u should be greatful to be muslim not think its shore!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Primarily because it is Allah's right to be praised and worshiped regardless what is in it for us. Allah created man and jinn to worship Him. He is our Lord and none is worthy of worship except Allah.

When a muslim utters words against the rights of Allah, it causes repulsion and aversion in the hearts of those who love Him. But look at Allah's mercy with that person. He tells His slaves to be patient with them and deal with them justly. This is His mercy on you and us.

Example: When Allah sent Musa (as) to Pharaoh with the Message, He commanded Musa (as) to speak to him gently.

"And speak to him mildly, perhaps he may accept admonition or fear (Allah)."
(Quran 20:44)

If Allah wanted He was able to destroy Pharaoh without warning and not sent His Prophet to him. Since Allah has knowledge of the unseen, He already knew Pharaoh's answer, but He is The Just, and Pharaoh was given a chance but wasted it. So on the Day of Judgment, he will not be able to claim he is in Hell because God did not sent him a guider. My question is, did Pharaoh's refusal to worship Allah diminish His Lordship in any way? Did it take away from His Might and Glory? Or did it bring destruction to himself, and made him an example for the world to come?

So today We will save you in body that you may be to those who succeed you a sign.

And indeed, many among the people, of Our signs, are heedless. [10:92]

Thus this is telling us that Allah has no need for us, or our worship. He is Self Sufficient and has made His right to be worshipped a means for us to attain Jannah by. To overcome our difficulties, to control our nafs and gain victory over the Shaytan whose deepest desire is to lead us all into Hellfire.

Brother/sister, imagine the greatness and mercy of just one blessing. Without water being available to us to quench our thirst, it would feel as if there are thorns stuck in our throat and sand in our mouth. We'd become disorientated, dehydrated and die. Yet Allah gives us water in abundance. So much that we do not even think how much of it we waste. Yet if you had to pay for water, the value for one single glass would be one hundred years of ibadah (hadith). Yet how we devour Allah's provisions and never stop to think of the value of that one morsel and one gulp of water that keeps us alive.

Allah my Lord, Who is never unfair, Who never tires or sleeps, and is in constant watch over His Creation. Who forgives our mountains of sins, Who loves us 70 times more than our own Mothers, and is always there to listen to us when we call Him, and so my heart wrenches in pain to think how anyone can not see the mercies and bounties of Allah subhana wa ta 'ala.

Just because you have a problem, it isn't okay to ignore it, but to fix it for your own good. I urge you to learn about Allah's Attributes and read the Quran (with translation if you need to). Get to know your Lord. Who is He? What do we attain from worship and what do we lose by its neglect.

The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam, taught us this dua for when our faith is afflicted. Make it repetitively throughout the day. By the mercy of Allah, He will remove whatever keeps your heart away from Him.

Invocations for if you are stricken by in your faith

(Say, I seek refuge in Allah. (Then you should desist from doing what you are in doubt about.)
Reference: Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 6/336, Muslim 1/120.

'Aamantu billaahi wa Rusulihi.
(Say, I believe in Allah and His Messenger.
Reference: Muslim, 1/119-20.

Huwal-'Awwalu wal-'Aakhiru wadh-Dhaahiru wal-Baatinu, wa Huwa bikulli shay'in 'Aleem.
(Recite the Ayat) He is the First and the Last, the Most High and the Most Near. And He is the Knower of all things (in Arabic).
Reference: Al-Hadid 57:3, Abu Dawud 4/329. Al-Albani graded it good in SahihAbu Dawud, 3/962.

anonymous
11-13-2012, 08:30 AM
:wasalamex

NOTE: I am not the original poster.

You worship Allaah, yet you have not seen him. Look at what Allaah has created, are you not in awe? Would you not like to meet the Creator of all of these complicated things? Would you not like to meet the Merciful, the Forgiver, etc.

Read about Allaah and then you will fall in Love with Him.

May Allaah enable us all to have our hearts full of love for Him, Ameen.

Alpha Dude
11-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Have you ever sat and admired nature? Or looked at a state of the art piece of technology and thought of it as an amazing feat of engineering? Or admired some beautiful girl/guy? Well, Allah created all of these. If you can get your head dizzy over something small and insignificant that has been created on this world then it's nothing but counter intuitive that you'd not feel that Allah, the creator and originator over everything, deserves admiration.

If you are a Muslim then you directly acknowledge that Allah exists, that Allah has power over everything, that Allah created everything, that Allah sustains everything, that Allah is eternal, that Allah is supreme in every sense of the word. It should naturally follow that such a being is worthy of worship and admiration in a way nothing else created should be.

Hulk
11-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Don't be like a goldfish in a tank who finds his food there everyday yet does not appreciate his owner who puts the food there everyday for him.

P.S: Sorry goldfish I'm sure you're not really like that I'm just giving an example.

Scimitar
11-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Allah the Exalted and Most Honored said,
And I created not the Jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone).

Surah Adh-Dhariyat Ayah 56
meaning, that Allah only created them so that they worship Allah alone, not that Allah has any need of them.

Allah the Exalted said,
I seek not any provision from them (i.e. provision for themselves or for My creatures) nor do I ask that they should feed Me (i.e. feed themselves or My creatures).

Verily, Allâh is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong.

Surah Adh-Dhariyat Ayah's 57 -58

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abdullah bin Mas'ud said,
"The Messenger of Allah

taught the following:
'Verily I am the Provider, Owner of power, the Most Strong' "

Ahmad (1:418),
Abu Dawud (4:290),
At-Tirmidhi (Tuhfat Al-Ahwadhi 8:261) and
An-Nasai (Al-Kubra 6:469).

The meaning of the Ayah (Adh Dhariyat:56) is that, Allah the Exalted, the Blessed created the creatures so that they worship Him Alone without partners. Those who obey Him will be rewarded with the best rewards, while those who disobey Him will recieve the worst punishment from Him. Allah stated that He does not need creatures, but rather, they are in need of Him in all conditions. He is alone their Creator and Provider.
Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah

said,
Allah the Exalted said, "O son of Adam! Busy yourself in worshipping Me, and I will fill your chest with riches and dissipiate your meekness. Otherwise, I will fill your chest with distracting affairs and will not do away with your meekness"

Ahmad 2:358
At-Tirmidhi said "Hasan Gharib" (Tufat Al-Ahwadhi 7:166)
Ibn Majah (2:1376)

The statement of Allah the Exalted,
And verily, for those who do wrong, there is a portion of torment
indicating that they will recieve their due share of the torment,
... like to the evil portion of torment (which came for) their likes (of old), so let them not ask Me to hasten on!

Surah Adh-Dhariyat Ayah 59
meaning let them not ask that the punishment is rushed to them, for it will surely come,
Then, woe to those who disbelieve (in Allâh and His Oneness Islâmic Monotheism) from (that) their Day which they have been promised (for their punishment).
Surah Adh-Dhariyat Ayah 60
meaning the Day of Resurrection.

جوري
11-15-2012, 12:36 AM
I was reading suret Al hujrat today and this thread came to mind..

Sahih International
They consider it a favor to you that they have accepted Islam. Say, "Do not consider your Islam a favor to me. Rather, Allah has conferred favor upon you that He has guided you to the faith, if you should be truthful."

I have never encountered a book that continually speaks to the reader.. sob7an Allah.. and I stand by my original statement!

IbnAbdulHakim
11-16-2012, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam

Why must I admire and worship Allah? I am a muslim but I have a problem with that...
this is to do with your spiritual state.

only spiritual elevation can help you remove what is preventing you from admiring and truelly worshipping Allaah.

I recommend you start by removing the thoughts of this world from your mind and sitting down for moments reciting dhikr (names of Allaah) and Quran. This will help your heart feel closer to Allaah and you will start to understand. Only Allaah can help you understand, no amount of advice can help you.

so best thing - get off the internet - sit down on a prayer met and start remembering God and reciting his name and Quran. Dont give up after 10 minutes and nothing happens - keep at it - I PROMISE RESULTS.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
If you've a problem with it don't so it! Allah swt has no need for your worship!

would the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam have said this to a fellow muslim?

'Abd-al Latif
11-16-2012, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salaam

Why exactly do you have a problem?

جوري
11-16-2012, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
would the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam have said this to a fellow muslim?
Not in so many words but yes, there's no compulsion in religion, it is right there in suret Al-Baqara.
The prophet wouldn't force someone to worship and admire Allah!

:w:

'Abd-al Latif
11-16-2012, 03:21 PM

Not in so many words but yes, there's no compulsion in religion, it is right there in suret Al-Baqara.
The prophet wouldn't force someone to worship and admire Allah!

The sahaba have set the standards that all Muslims need to fulfil sis. There is no compulsion for one to become Muslim but once a person is Muslim then he or she is obligated to follow a set of rules. These include worshipping Allah in which there is going to be a degree of love involved.

This love is not blind nor is the worship just a set of hollow actions but it is love and worship based on knowledge, in particular the knowledge of Allah.

جوري
11-16-2012, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
The sahaba have set the standards that all Muslims need to fulfil sis. There is no compulsion for one to become Muslim but once a person is Muslim then he or she is obligated to follow a set of rules. These include worshipping Allah in which there is going to be a degree of love involved.

This love is not blind nor is it just a set of hollow actions but it is love and worship based on knowledge, in particular the knowledge of Allah.
:sl: akhi,

Has this person actually accepted Islam to begin with? It isn't a birth right like in Judaism!
It is a known sign of the time that a person will sleep a Muslim and wake up a kaffir and wake up a Muslim and sleep a kaffir. Look it up I am not speaking out of whimsy. I really want this ummah to concentrate its efforts on what matters. Do you leave your entire flock to chase after a stray sheep?
Sometimes I admire this zeal you've (collectively) to offer da3wah and fix nifoos but if the prophet himself couldn't do it with two of his uncles I doubt the rest of us can do it with the likes the recent Sorya cali and the likes. Quit chasing after illusions or ancillary topics like who has beards and jelbabs that are ye big by ye tall and those in whose heart there is a sickness and focus on the highest call!

'Abd-al Latif
11-16-2012, 04:22 PM

:sl: akhi,

Has this person actually accepted Islam to begin with? It isn't a birth right like in Judaism!
It is a known sign of the time that a person will sleep a Muslim and wake up a kaffir and wake up a Muslim and sleep a kaffir. Look it up I am not speaking out of whimsy. I really want this ummah to concentrate its efforts on what matters. Do you leave your entire flock to chase after a stray sheep?
Sometimes I admire this zeal you've (collectively) to offer da3wah and fix nifoos but if the prophet himself couldn't do it with two of his uncles I doubt the rest of us can do it with the likes the recent Sorya cali and the likes. Quit chasing after illusions or ancillary topics like who has beards and jelbabs that are ye big by ye tall and those in whose heart there is a sickness and focus on the highest call!

I don't know the OP personally but if he says he is Muslim then this is what I will go by.

As for someone who is a disbeliever, if I remember correctly there were some righteous men mentioned in Qur'an who were once asked by the disbelievers why they continue to preach, when the disbelievers have made it clear that they will never believe. The righteous men responded by saying that they continue to call to Allah so that they can say to Allah on the Day of Judgement that they tried and never gave up.

Patience. What have you to lose?

جوري
11-17-2012, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
there were some righteous men mentioned in Qur'an
We all play different roles.. some of us are exceptional at da3wah, some of us are excellent at debates, some of us are excellent at logic etc. etc. etc... hence al-muslim lil-Muslim kalbonyaan!
And I certainly like to be a part of that polymer to people who are already on board, I don't jump ship to save a useless cause.. I prioritize!
You're certainly welcome to be the lifeguard and it is admirable and I am sure loved deeply by Allah swt, 'tis not a role that I wish to play and at times quite justified in my reasoning of why the heck bother?
ma yahim as'sa7aab min nab7 el-kilaab is my motto!

wa-jazaka Allah khyran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!