/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my grades!

whale95
11-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Hello,,

Guys this is my final school year and next year inshalla I will be in university.. so I need to apply to universities soon..

So my friend have asked the school counselor if he can higher the final report card percentage of grade 11 to have a better chance in getting a scholarship.

Note: He will not pay for the counselor to upgrade the report card...

So he asked me if I wanted to upgrade my report card... I was confused as it might be Haraam and that I dont deserve it!

Please help and thanks! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
unknown_JJ
11-10-2012, 05:11 PM
well by upgrading your grades you will be cheating, so i wouldn't say its correct to do so. and if your going to get a scholarship out of it, it could also be seen as fraud............ do not cheat yourself brother

Im guessing this is not a school in the UK

whale95
11-10-2012, 05:37 PM
No it's not in the UK.. :P It is in the Middle East... but in the past years students used to upgrade their report cards upto 80, 90 and (above I guess)..

Thanks for your reply... :)

whale95
11-10-2012, 07:51 PM
So it is not okay to upgrade the report?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
White Rose
11-10-2012, 08:49 PM
No brother, dont do it. One thing leads to another and it might lead you to something worse. Put your trust in Allah and do things in a honest manner. :ia: Allah will help you.

whale95
11-10-2012, 09:31 PM
hmmmmm....

~Zaria~
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

What does 'upgrading your report card' actually entail? What is the upgrade based on?

whale95
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM
It means shifting the percentage from lower to higher percentage of the past school years..
shifting my grade from 80% to 90% or something... or 90% to 95% and so on ...
No money is involved in the process...

It is provided as a help if I wanted...

~Zaria~
11-11-2012, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whale95
It means shifting the percentage from lower to higher percentage of the past school years..
shifting my grade from 80% to 90% or something... or 90% to 95% and so on ...
No money is involved in the process...

It is provided as a help if I wanted...
If the upgrade is not based on your actual merit, then this would be dishonest and unfair to those who are also applying for the same position at university.

View this as a test from Allah - He wants to see how you would respond to this enticement of higher grades.
Would you give in to falsehood - for the sake of a worldly benefit (i.e. a position at university), or would you resist the temptation......because you love and fear Allah Taa'la.

Imagine having to carry the knowledge of cheating your way into university, all your life.
You may succeed in gaining acceptance into your field of choice and thereafter......but will you ever feel that you actually deserved it?

“It was narrated that the prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) said: ‘Whoever cheats us is not one of us.’ (Muslim)

Are you willing to risk your imaan for this position?

If you pass this test by doing the right thing - surely, Allah (subhanawataála) knows that His special servant is seeking HIM, and not this dunya......that you are willing to give up anything for His sake alone.
Then can you imagine what rewards He has in store for you.

SubhanAllah.
Allah Taa'la only wants the best for you.

Remember, whatever is decreed to you, will come to you.
And whatever is not decreed for you, will never touch you - no matter what you do.

So trust in Him.
And make duaa - 'Ya Allah, I have chosen not to cheat my way into varsity - ONLY for YOUR pleasure. Grant me success in my application, and all that is good for me.'

Insha Allah, He will turn to you in mercy and make all your desires possible.

:wa:

whale95
11-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks a lot Zaria... It was beneficial.. I know this hadith but sometimes one needs to be remembered :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!