/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I am a Christian who loves the Quran!

jessehove04
11-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi my name is Jesse and I am eager to learn about Islam and its relationship to Christianity!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
11-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Jesse! I was a Christian who loved the Quran too! Nice to have you here with us and I hope you enjoy your stay here and learn a lot! Have a wonderful day my dear brother in humanity.

Peace.

'Abd al-Baari
11-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Greetings Jesse, and :welcome: to the forums. I hope that you find your stay here benefical.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. :)

Hulk
11-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi Jesse welcome to the forum, I hope you will have a beneficial time here.

Since you are interested in learning(like many of us here) allow me to remind you the proper attributes of a learner which I personally try apply to myself.

1) Respect
2) Humility
3) Open mind
4) Sincerity to learn

That's all I can think of right now. Not having these pre-requisites might ruin one's ability to learn. It's important to have humility when learning as it is part of understanding our place as a learner.. If we place ourself higher than our teachers then how are we supposed to be able to learn from them? (since this is a forum it's not exactly student/teacher relationship but one can still relate)

An open mind is important as if one comes into learning with the intention to actually confirm what they already have in their minds then that can also affect their ability to learn, and this relates to sincerity in learning as well. One's intention in learning is to simply learn.

Also note that in order to find the right answer, one must first ask the right question. Also.. also.. have patience
in learning! Don't try to skip any steps as that too might ruin your ability to learn.

I don't usually ramble.. was just feeling kind of chatty at the moment so please excuse any incoherence on my part as I am currently both sleepy and chatty. I just think that maybe if I shared these little things that have been taught to me it could maybe help others in their road to learn.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jalal~
11-11-2012, 12:46 AM
enjoy your stay!

crimsontide06
11-11-2012, 01:06 AM
welcome!

Eric H
11-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Greetings and peace be with you jessehove04;

I hope you feel as welcomed as I have done over the last few years.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship,

Eric

Scimitar
11-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

I greet you with the greeting of Jesus pbuh "Shalama Shabaq ana laqoon, shalama deelee yaheb ana laqoon" - "peace I leave with you, (my way of) peace i give unto you" (John 14:27) and the greeting of the Muslims "Salaam Alaikum warahamatullahi wabarakatuhu" - "The peace and mercy and blessings (of God Almighty) be upon you"

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (Quran 5:82).

Peace be with you :)

Scimi

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Peace with you, and welcome to the boards :)

- cOsMiC

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!