/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are the people from the past are actually the same with the people from the future?

Samiun
11-11-2012, 03:28 PM
:sl: I kinda noticed recently after reading the Qur'an, the people of the past which followed the Prophets(Peace be upon them all) disbelieved even AFTER they've seen clear clear proof and signs but yet they still disbelieve in Allah S.W.T. like when the people of Prophet Musa A.S. went against his command and worshipped something other than Allah after they saw him splitting the sea by the will of Allah. Anyways, it makes no different than the people today is it? Be it Atheists, Christians or Jews they would never believe unless they see 'proof' but it is already clear from them. So this lead me to conclude that, the mindset of the people of the past concerning the believe in One Illah are just as the same as they are in the present. No different at all. What do you guys think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jalal~
11-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure what to say, but I feel like this is already mentioned somewhere in the Quran or the hadiths, lol. It would be nice if someone found the exact reference.

sis muslimah
11-11-2012, 08:35 PM
And how many a sign in the heavens and the earth they pass by, while they are averse therefrom (12:105)

[16.12] And He has made subservient for you the night and the day and the sun and the moon, and the stars are made subservient by His commandment; most surely there are signs in this for a people who ponder;

Those who do not know say, "Why does Allah not speak to us or there come to us a sign?" Thus spoke those before them like their words. Their hearts resemble each other. We have shown clearly the signs to a people who are certain [in faith].
Qur'an [41:53]

Perseveranze
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM
السلام عليكم

It's incredible how true this is. There are certainly people out there, that no matter what, would reject any sign that God shows them.

I remember asking an Atheist; "If you saw Jesus(عليه الصلاة والسلام) raise someone from the dead in front of you, would you become a believer?" His reply was, "No, I'd just think it was some kind of magic trick or rational explanation for it".

Subhanallah, the following verse immediately came to mind.

وَلَوْ فَتَحْنَا عَلَيْهِم بَابًا مِّنَ السَّمَاءِ فَظَلُّوا فِيهِ يَعْرُجُونَ لَقَالُوا إِنَّمَا سُكِّرَتْ أَبْصَارُنَا بَلْ نَحْنُ قَوْمٌ مَّسْحُورُونَ
And [even] if We opened to them a gate from the heaven and they continued therein to ascend, They would say, "Our eyes have only been dazzled. Rather, we are a people affected by magic." [Qur'an 15:14-15]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Al-Baqara (The Cow) [2:118]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Waqala allatheena la yaAAlamoona lawla yukallimuna Allahu aw tateena ayatun kathalika qala allatheena min qablihim mithla qawlihim tashabahat quloobuhum qad bayyanna alayati liqawmin yooqinoona
2:118 Say those without knowledge: "Why speaketh not Allah unto us? or why cometh not unto us a Sign?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike. We have indeed made clear the Signs unto any people who hold firmly to Faith (in their hearts).

It is interesting for me anyway that the same groups that have persecuted Jesus PBUH then are the same ones today, mainly Jews and Romans.
Romans who allege they're christian have turned the message Jesus PBUH brought to one of their mythology and I am not going to touch upon the vile things Jews say of him. In the end it has to be their way and not the way Allah swt willed and they'd kill literally and drone to silence anyone that speaks a word of truth.
Reminds me also of Nazism and Zionism. People like Arnold Schwarzenegger hasn't changed at all he's no hypocrite. He was so pro Hitler, and now so pro Zionist so he plays with the powerful oppressive force of the moment.. It is all so amusing.. Sob7an Allah.. May Allah swt make us steadfast on Iman..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!