/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am new here.

TomTunisia
11-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone, I am brand new here and decided to join this site, because I want to become a Muslim and seeking for information about it, want to know Muslims in Bristol.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-13-2012, 07:58 PM
:welcome: aboard

Scimitar
11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Assalaam alaikum, [bro-hug]

You are in the right place to learn more about Islam.

Some rules here - you need to make 50 posts before you can edit your own posts, access your profile page, and post in other parts of the forum.

This rule keeps the site clean of spammers and trolls, so be patient with us and you will find your time worthwhile insha-Allah.

I love to read revert stories and hear first hand why people choose Islam.

Can you tell me more about yourself? And why you choose to be Muslim?

Welcome to IB forum :)

Scimi

Jalal~
11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TomTunisia
11-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well, I met a woman, we get on perfectly and we like each other so much, the only problem was that she is a Muslim and I am not and that she wanted someone who would help her be a better Muslim, I saw this as a barrier between us for a while but then after having a random conversation with a friend of mine at work, I now see this as a eye opening experience and a sign on how to have a better life, ever since I said I will become a Muslim, my life has been perfect, I have not even been upset or annoyed at all for a long time, I was taking anti depression pills but stopped the day I found Islam in me, I know for a fact that I should of went on a down, it is not adviced ever to just stop taking pills like that but there has been no bad effect, this is a another sign to me that I am doing the right thing.

Everyone is going so well since I had this thought/feeling in me after seeing this all as a sign to become Islamic, my family is against this completely though and I live in a very small minded area, but I do not get upset or angry with anyone for agaisnt my choice to become Islamic.

Sadly, it has been a struggle to find any sort of help with becoming Islamic such as finding a mesjed that is Sunni in England, Bristol has been a impossible task for me,  I would really like to find and make some Muslim friends in the local area.

I am not very good with explaining things, so if any questions or anything I said that doesn't make sense, please just say.

Shukran

sister herb
11-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Salam alaykum/Peace with you

Welcome to forum.

Scimitar
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TomTunisia
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Well, I met a woman, we get on perfectly and we like each other so much, the only problem was that she is a Muslim and I am not and that she wanted someone who would help her be a better Muslim, I saw this as a barrier between us for a while but then after having a random conversation with a friend of mine at work, I now see this as a eye opening experience and a sign on how to have a better life, ever since I said I will become a Muslim, my life has been perfect, I have not even been upset or annoyed at all for a long time, I was taking anti depression pills but stopped the day I found Islam in me, I know for a fact that I should of went on a down, it is not adviced ever to just stop taking pills like that but there has been no bad effect, this is a another sign to me that I am doing the right thing.

Everyone is going so well since I had this thought/feeling in me after seeing this all as a sign to become Islamic, my family is against this completely though and I live in a very small minded area, but I do not get upset or angry with anyone for agaisnt my choice to become Islamic.

Sadly, it has been a struggle to find any sort of help with becoming Islamic such as finding a mesjed that is Sunni in England, Bristol has been a impossible task for me,  I would really like to find and make some Muslim friends in the local area.

I am not very good with explaining things, so if any questions or anything I said that doesn't make sense, please just say.

Shukran
I'm in India at the moment and will be back in London UK on the 30th of December insha-Allah (God willing). So I won't be able to post as much.

Far as I know, a Masjid is a Masjid... we all worship God the same way. I know there is a markaz (center of Islamic learning) in Bristol, as I have been there once.

You might find this link very helpful insha-Allah: http://www.mosquedirectory.co.uk/sea...orough=Bristol

I too was on anti-depressants years ago. When I quit cold turkey, I too didn't find any problems and have been fine up to this day :) Alhamdulillah (all praise to Allah). I started to take Islam seriously then, just like you are now...

If you have any questions, just ask - many here are knowledgeable alhamdulillah :)

Scimi

KnockKnock
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
As-salam Aleikum brother!

This place is an amazing place to get good Islamic Knowledge. If you need any advice, tips, tutorials, please ask and don't be shy! Oh and if you can't find a Masjid in your area, at least look up some videos online about Islam because they will give you a strong foundation but nothing beats going to the Masjid and learning from there though. Also take it one step at a time in learning and don't do too much things at once.

Peace and Blessings of Allah on you brother! Hope you Benefit from this forum and love Islam each day Insha Allah.

TomTunisia
11-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Thank you, so obvious to look up videos about Islam, no idea why I didn't do that before.

Periwinkle18
11-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Assalam o alikum

welcome to the forum hope u like it here :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!