/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to pray for a non-muslim?

specs
11-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Asalaam-alaykum.

I wanted to ask if it is wrong to pray to Allah Azza Wajjal to guide a non-muslim so that they learn about Islam and that they may want to become a muslim? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tyrion
11-14-2012, 12:41 AM
No, it's not.

specs
11-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Aw thank you :)

what if you want to marry that person? x_x

Aprender
11-14-2012, 01:28 AM
No it's not wrong for you to pray for the guidance of a non-Muslim. Not sure why some Muslims think it's wrong to pray for the guidance of others. ^o) I pray that my family will embrace Islam some day.

And as you know in Islam it's not recommended for women to marry a non-Muslim. I used to be a Christian and even I didn't want to marry a guy who had a different faith than I did. People always try to say they can work through it but I know of marriages that have been ripped a part due to differences in faith.

1. It can cause some problems in the marriage and even more so if both parties are really serious about the practice of the religion.
2. It can cause confusion for the children.
3. It can be a strain on your own faith to the point where you could end up adopting the faith of your spouse or just lose it all together. I think this applies for both sexes.

Go ahead. It is fine for you to pray for the guidance of the person but with this marriage thing please be careful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
specs
11-14-2012, 01:37 AM
Thank you :) Oh I would never marry a non-muslim, I know it's wrong to marry outside religion and neither would I change my religion. Alhumdulilah that I am muslim.
It's just he is non-muslim and I just want to pray that he becomes muslim, then I would marry him.

Scimitar
11-15-2012, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
...but with this marriage thing please be careful.
Seconded.

Keep it strictly halal.

specs
11-15-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't talk to this guy btw (:

Scimitar
11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Masha-Allah.

Don't day-dream about him. And keep your gaze low.

Most of all, make dua for him that Allah guides him. But remember, Allah guides only those whom HE wills, so if your prayer is not answered in the manner you expect, don't be taking it badly ok?

I understand that sometimes we feel attracted to members of the opposite sex, for various reasons. Some of them are physical, some not - whatever the case is, you should not let it be known that you like him openly, even to your most trusted friends and confidantes. Keep that between you and Allah only.

Be invisible to this guy, and you will become invisible to him too. What I mean is, avoid him wherever you can. Even if you don't talk to him, when eyes meet, they can speak volumes. I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Scimi

specs
11-15-2012, 10:54 PM
We both are invisible to each other and neither do we talk or will we come across each other so its all good. Thank you

ibrahim.M
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
May Allah guide you and all your friends, Amin!

Muhaba
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
you can pray for their guidance but you can't pray that Allah forgives them.

Muslim Woman
01-12-2013, 07:34 AM
:sl:

when a non Muslim dies , we can't Ask Allah for his/her salvation . As long as s/he is alive , we are allowed to make dua .

And Allah knows Best.

Marina-Aisha
01-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Friend at work is pregnant and she is non muslim am I allowed make dua for her? She's havin few problems with her baby wondering If its okay to make dua for them?

ardianto
01-12-2013, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marina-Aisha
Friend at work is pregnant and she is non muslim am I allowed make dua for her? She's havin few problems with her baby wondering If its okay to make dua for them?
Yes. You can make du'a for them.

Tyrion
01-12-2013, 09:51 AM
This question gets asked too often, so I wonder what it is about our community where we have to ask if we can pray for other human beings... Honestly, it shouldn't be something you have to try hard to figure out.

Marina-Aisha
01-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Well I was askin cos my husband said no I just wante know if there was hadith stating this

Muslim Woman
01-14-2013, 01:03 AM
:sl:

if u read the life of the last Prophet pbuh , u will find that he prayed to Allah for many non Muslims to guide them . So , it's a clear proof that we are allowed to make dua for them as long as they are alive .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!