/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi - new here

shailas
11-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new on this site. I searched around the internet for Islamic forums because I'm reverting to Islam. My basic story is that I grew up in a Christian home, but I had always felt that Jesus himself said he wasn't God and that the Christian teachings aren't accurate in the current day.
Meanwhile I began a relationship with my soon-to-be husband about 5 years ago - He is a Muslim. He lived a secular lifestyle when we met and told me I didn't have to convert to marry. Well, fast forward 5 years and we are both becoming more spiritual, and I am going to revert to Islam. :-) I've met his family and they love me even without reverting. I've been through some incredible experiences and I am certain that this is what I want, to live as a Muslim woman! I believe I was called. Allah has called me for years...There have been little signs everywhere even before I met my fiance and I'm finally coming home.
I hope to get to know you folks here on this board.
Shaila

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-14-2012, 09:18 PM
:welcome: aboard sis

Hulk
11-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the forum sis.. Alhamdulillah, it is good to know that you have found truth and intend on acting upon it. Jesus (peace be upon him), like the prophets before him brought the message that God is one and that He alone should be worshipped without ascribing any partners unto Him.

A concept so simple for our mind to accept yet there are still many who ascribe partners to God when worshipping Him. May Allah guide them and keep us all on the path of truth..

Scimitar
11-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Ameen.

Welcome to the boards sister Shaila.

Sis CosmicIntuition is also from Texas and a revert Muslim. Maybe you can PM her once you reach 50 posts... oh yes, 50 posts - you have to make 50 posts in order to unlock other parts of the forum, access your profile page and quote others as well as edit your own posts.

Get posting sis :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the forums! :)

Indeed I'm a fellow Texan :D Hope we can be in touch soon, Insha Allah (God be willing.)

- cOsMiC

shailas
12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome! (despite my delay in responding)
It'd be great to connect with locals in DFW area...and everywhere, really. :)

sister herb
12-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Salam alaykum

welcome to forum dear sister.

:statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!