/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This Really Bothers Me...

Jalal~
11-16-2012, 02:56 AM
:sl:
Every week, Monday - Friday, I have to go to classes and study for quizzes and tests and also complete homework assignments. For some reason, I'm able to do some of this, but also keep up with my Islamic obligations, such as praying on time, reading Qu'ran, hadiths, going to the masjid for prayer, etc. But when my last class on Friday is over, this big feeling of relief overtakes me and I always feel like doing nothing. Literally nothing. Or wasting time doing pointless things like watching soccer videos on Youtube or playing video games at a friend's house. I become lazy and I end up making my prayers right at the end. I don't think I even touch the Qu'ran on the weekends sometimes. Then when I come back to my college, Monday is usually the getting back into the grind day, and then eventually the whole process repeats. Every week this happens. What is my problem? I don't want to say it, but I really feel that I just use Islam as an excuse to get away from my "dunya worries" if you know what I mean. I feel like my faith only shows up when I have a tough week ahead of me. And when I'm giving some time to relax and get away from dunya (Friday evenings, Saturdays, and Sunday Mornings), I also get away from my religion.....please help :/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jalal~
11-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Honestly, I'm a little scared of the weekends now. I always feel that on the weekends I deserve some kind of relaxation or pleasure, so I become lazy in all of my duties, whether it be fulling my Islamic obligations or working on my academic career. I know that the pleasures in this world are temporary....Maybe I don't show enough gratitude for what Allah has given me; maybe im just not content with what I have. During the week, I'm absolutely fine, but the weekends are a bit of a mess for me. And i have a one week break coming up and after another week of school, I'm getting a month off...I dont know what to do...

Also, I think i dont know how to enjoy myself anymore. During the week, the only enjoyment i might give myself at most is 30 minutes a day of soccer videos and other youtube stuff. Other than that, I'm either doing homework, studying, watching funny Islamic videos, quran, chilling at the masjid, exercising. Some of these are fun to do, but on the weekends, i dont do anything at all.Maybe I'm extremely burned out or something?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!