/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Questions

crimsontide06
11-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Usually I do Fajr prayer after everyone else wakes up(7,8, sometimes 9 am), so I do not disturb them with running water. My question is, can I just wake up..and pray or do I have to take a full shower, which I cannot do so early in the morning because of not wanting to disturb people's sleep.

Does it have to be a full shower? Also... what constitutes needing a full shower? going to the bathroom?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
11-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Any answers are appreciated, thanks!

Aprender
11-17-2012, 04:09 PM
There is a set time for fajr prayer in the morning. If it is after sunrise then it's most likely you've already missed the time for the fajr prayer.

You are supposed to make wudu before each of your prayers if it's been invalidated. After going to sleep you'll need to make wudu when you get up. So when you wake up for fajr prayer, you need to make wudu and you go to your salah. I've read that what requires ghusl is if you've been intimate with your wife. Though there might be a little more to that and in shaa Allah a member here can fill you in.

Either way, you shouldn't be delaying your fajr prayers just because you don't want to disturb other people in the morning. Do try to be quiet and maybe run the water with less force, but salaah is significantly more important than sleep.

crimsontide06
11-17-2012, 05:12 PM
ok, had to look up what ghusl and wudu means.. also googled it, found something that said this

sooo that means when I wake up, i just have to do the wudu

“The things that make ghusl a must are:
1. The emission of semen, because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "What requires water (ghusl) is if you see water (i.e., semen) coming out of you." (Reported by Muslim)
2. Contact between the genitals, because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "If one part enters the other part (in another report: if one part touches the other part), then ghusl becomes obligatory." (Reported by Ahmad and Muslim) This ghusl is obligatory whether or not fluid (semen) is released. "Touching" here refers to the entry of the tip of the penis into the vagina, not mere touching.
3. Menstruation and nifas (post-natal bleeding), because Allah says what means: ". . . And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah has ordained for you. . ." (Al-Baqarah: 222); and because the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to Fatimah bint Hubaysh (may Allah be pleased with her): "When your period starts, stop praying, and when your period ends, perform ghusl then start praying again." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)
4. Death. The dead—except for a martyr slain in battle—must be washed (ghusl), because when his daughter Zaynab died, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Wash her with water three or five times, or as many times as you see fit." (Reported by Al-Bukhari). And when a man who was in a state of ihram (consecration for Hajj or `Umrah) was killed by his riding-beast, he (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Wash him with water and lotus leaves and wrap him in his two garments, but do not embalm him or cover his head, for he will be raised on the Day of Resurrection pronouncing the Talbiyah." (Reported by Al-Bukhari)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
You're a new Muslim? It's OK. I'm fairly new to Islam myself but salaah is one of the first things you want to get right.

But yes, when you get up you just have to do the wudu. Try to go to bed after isha prayer so you can wake up in time for fajr. Then make wudu, and go to salah.

You can go to http://www.islamicfinder.org/ and put in your city to see what time in the morning the fajr prayer starts and when it ends. You can also use that to see the prayer times for the remainder of the day.

crimsontide06
11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks! Also, Fajr can be prayed from the time listed up before sunrise, right?

Also I know going to the mosque, I must wear pants...what about in my own home?? does it matter what I wear when I pray..pants, shorts?

Aprender
11-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Yes. Fajr can be prayed from the time listed until before the sunrise. After that the time for fajr is over.

I'm not really sure what the rules are for men when praying at home and what needs to be covered. I have a non-Muslim family myself and I don't associate with Muslim men so I'm not sure how they pray when they're at home.

Anytime I've seen Muslim guys praying in public though, they're wearing pants.

Signor
11-17-2012, 05:40 PM
http://muttaqun.com/malehijab.html

I hope this helps reagrding what to wear

Assalamu Alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!