/* */

PDA

View Full Version : English Translations Of Khutbahs Delivered By Sheikh Osaama Bin Abdullah Khayaat

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Shyakh Usaamah Khayyaat

First Khutbah

Slaves of Allaah! Fear Allaah and be pious, because piety awakens the heart, brings spiritual joy, elevates the soul, illuminates ones grave and will give salvation on the Day of Resurrection.

O Muslims! Due to being deceived by the glitter and beauty of this life; and due to being fully indulged in its pleasures and desperately seeking to gain more of them, some people develop false hopes to live longer, which is commonly accompanied by being forgetful or neglectful of the great blessings and favours that Allaah has bestowed upon them. The greatest and most important of all these favours and blessings is Islaam and the honourable Islamic law, which is derived from the Book of Allaah and the Prophetic Sunnah. This Law has outlined all that which is beneficial for mankind in this life and the Hereafter.

One of the virtues of this Law is that its rules and regulations have clearly laid out preventions of all evil and immorality, and all the roads that lead to it which is a protection of the truth and morality. There are many issues for which this Law has laid out preventative measures so that people will not fall into evil, for example on some of the issues of faith, acts of worship and transactions.

However, the most obvious of all of these preventative measures are those related to women and the limits that Allaah has defined for them not to exceed. Islaam has clearly laid the guidelines for the Muslim woman to adhere to so that her personality remains distinct and her safety, purity, and good conduct are assured.

The correct dress and covering for women and the prohibition of them intermixing with men are the two most important interconnected preventative measures that Islaam has laid out. Muslims must submit to the rulings which oblige women to properly cover in order to protect their chastity and purity, maintain shyness and protect them from being harassed or bothered, as Allaah says that which translates as: “O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known [as chaste believing women] and not be abused. And ever is Allaah Forgiving and Merciful” (Al-Ahzaab: 59).

Moreover, in this verse, Allaah addressed the wives of the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, who were the furthest from immorality and evil actions; they were purest and most pious women ever and were honoured by the virtue of being married to the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam. Allaah addressed them as such when he said that which translates as: “… And when you ask [The wives of the Prophet] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts…” (Al-Ahzaab: 53).

Just as Muslims must adhere to this commandment of covering properly, they must also adhere and submit to the rulings which prohibit intermixing mixing between men and women. There are many Islamic texts in this regard, such as the Hadeeth which is narrated by ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, may Allaah be pleased with him, that the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, said: “Whenever a man is alone with a woman, then Satan is the third in their company.” (Ahmad & Tirmidhi). This is clear evidence that mixing between the two sexes is prohibited. Another unambiguous proof is what ‘Uqbah Ibn ‘Aamir, may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated; that the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, said: “Do not enter into the presence of women.” A man from the Ansaar then retorted: ‘What about our in-laws’ - referring to the relatives of a woman's husband such as his brothers, cousins, and their children, so the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, replied: “The in-laws are death” (Bukhaari & Muslim) which means that they are more harmful to women than death is to the soul.

Slaves of Allaah! Both of the previous evidences came from the mouth of the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, who never spoke from his own desires, and everything he ever said was nothing but revelation. So how could anybody ever accept anyone else's opinion over this? How could they do so when the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam had the utmost care and concern for his nation, as Allaah described him saying that which translates as: “There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you [i.e., your guidance] and to the believers is kind and merciful.” (At-Tawbah: 128).

Is it possible that we can reject his words and act contrary to what he commanded after Allaah clearly cautioned us against that with a severe warning when he said that which translates as: “…So let those who dissent from his [i.e., the Prophet's] order, lest trials and afflictions strike them or a painful punishment” (An-Noor: 63).

We must ask ourselves: Why is it that the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam lined up the rows of men for prayers in the mosque separate from the women, and described the rows, as narrated by Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, by saying: “The best rows (in the mosque) are the first rows, and the worst are the last, and the best rows (in the mosque) for women are last the rows, and the worst are the first.” (Muslim). This Hadeeth affirms the obligation of separating men from women, and keeping them far apart. If this is the way believing men and women should be during an act of worship inside the mosque which Allaah describes as in the verse which translates as: “… In houses [i.e., mosques] which Allaah has ordered to be raised and that His name be mentioned [i.e., praised] therein; exalting Him within them in the morning and the evenings. [Are] men whom neither commerce nor sale distracts from the remembrance of Allaah and performance of prayer and giving the Zakaah. They fear a Day in which the hearts and eyes will [fearfully] turn about.” (An-Noor: 36-37) then how much more so is it necessary in places outside the mosques, where gatherings might include evil and sinful people along with the good people?

The Muslim nation must not slight these texts because the evil consequences which these texts are aiming to prevent society from still very much exist, and there is nothing that would prevent such evils from occurring in our time which did not exist at the time of the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam

Moreover, the people whom the Prophet sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam addressed in these narrations were the best generation of the Muslim nation according to his own testimony, as was mentioned in Ahadeeth in the book of Imaam Bukhaari and Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on them both. So, has the need for such texts and their warnings vanished in our time? Is it not a clear fact that in fact we need these texts and warnings even more than that generation did? This is especially so because of the dangers of evil in our time becoming more widespread and its means being more diverse.

It is usually the case that people honour any set of laws which they perceive as being beneficial to them, especially when these laws prevent evil or harm from befalling them when applied; moreover, people do not mind if these laws include certain restrictions on their freedom and impose penalties for those who disobey or transgress the defined limits. Therefore, why is it the case that some of those who believe in Allaah as their Lord, and Muhammad sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam as His Messenger and have accepted Islaam as their religion, deal with Islamic Law with suspicion and uncertainty. Some of these people even go as far as to demand that it should be abolished, despite the fact that this Law includes all that which is beneficial to mankind and prevents, or at least reduces, all that which brings harm?

Slaves of Allaah! It is not permitted for anyone to discuss and pass judgment regarding this issue without having the proper Islamic knowledge to be able to do so. Nor should they base their discussion and opinion on unfounded claims with no evidence, or simply argue on the basis of their base desires. Rather, one should be sincere and free themselves from their base desires which will divert them far away from the truth. In addition, one must have a broad knowledge of Islaam and possess the ability to differentiate between authentic and weak evidences, possess a clear understanding of the relevant evidences as well as the ability to properly extract Islamic rulings from these evidences; only then can a person become eligible to discuss this issue.

The outcome of what we say or write is the matter which we must fear the most, and are extremely wary of its consequence, as the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, clarified to Mu’aadh Ibn Jabal, may Allaah be pleased with him, after he had asked with astonishment: "Will we be held responsible for all that we say?" The Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, replied: “What do you think makes people land on their faces or noses into the Hellfire more than the product of their tongues?” (Ahmad, Abu Daawood & Tirmidhi). We seek refuge in Allaah from this, and we ask him to protect us from the evils of ourselves. Allaah says that which translates as: “And do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed, the hearing, the sight and the heart – [about] all those [one] will be questioned.” (Al-Israa’: 36).

Second Khutbah

Slaves of Allaah! What Allaah has legislated in His Book and the Sunnah of His Messenger sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam regarding the dress and covering of women, and the issue of intermixing between men and women is something that was not legislated only for a particular period of time, nor is it restricted to a certain place, nor is it limited to a specific group of people, because this was legislated by The Creator of all mankind, all places and all times, Who has complete and perfect knowledge of His creation. He is the All-Wise and his legislation is free from defect. Nobody's belief can be correct unless they fully submit to the commands of Allaah and His legislations, and then apply all His rulings without having any resistance or doubt in themselves regarding these.

Slaves of Allaah! Be of those who adhere and act according to the two sources of legislation (The Qur’aan and the Sunnah), and beware of following other paths for they will separate you from the path of Allaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
06-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

All Sermons by Sheikh Usaamah Khayyaat will posted in this thread InshaAllah

A-Brother
11-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Assalamualaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Key:

How To Change Link Address For Different Khutbahs: Please Refer To Sources Below

1) = Official Link Contains Hijri Year Date, The Month And Day. Place ID 1= Makkah And Place ID 2=Madinah
2) = Khutbahs Provided By Students
3-6) = AudioID Changes For Every Khutbah. Once Downloaded A Particular PDF, The File Name Will Give You The Details.

Sources:

Official Link: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...audio#kh_audio
Khutbah Translation Provided By: Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University (IMSIU) in Al-Ahsa
Download MP3: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...48722&type=mp3
Download Real Player: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...=48722&type=rm
Download Microsoft Word: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...722&type=endoc
Download PDF Version: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...722&type=enpdf
Updates On Twitter: http://twitter.com/makkah
Video Of Khutbah[s]: http://www.youtube.com/makkah

Index:

1) Strive To Attain That Which Benefits You - 10/12/33 | /10/12 |

A-Brother
11-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Strive To Attain That Which Benefits You

Sources:

Official Link: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...audio#kh_audio
Khutbah Translation Provided By: Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University (IMSIU) in Al-Ahsa
Download MP3: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...48722&type=mp3
Download Real Player: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...=48722&type=rm
Download Microsoft Word: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...722&type=endoc
Download PDF Version: http://www.alharamain.gov.sa/index.c...722&type=enpdf
Updates On Twitter: http://twitter.com/makkah
Video Of Khutbah[s]: http://www.youtube.com/makkah

Part One

Praise be to Allah Who guides he who asks Him for guidance, Who provides for he who takes Him as his Lord. Praise be to Him Who leads us to His gratification. I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah, Who has no partner equal to Him, and I bear witness that our master and Prophet, Muhammad, is Allah's servant and Messenger. He selected him and made him the trustee for His Revelation. O Allah! Pray and bestow Your peace unto Your servant and Messenger Muhammad, unto his family, Companions and all those who followed him in guidance.

Fear Allah _servants of Allah_ [And be afraid of the Day when you shall be brought back to Allâh. Then every person shall be paid what he earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.][1] [Al-Baqarah: 281]

O Muslims! There are two fundamental rules which include all reasons for success and every good. They are mentioned within a great prophetic commandment which came in a hadith published by Muslim in his "Saheeh" and by Ahmed in his "Musnad": Abu Hurayrah –may Allah be pleased with him– related that Allah’s Messenger (e)[2] (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "the strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than a weak believer, although there is good in both. Strive to attain that which benefits you and seek help from Allah and do not lose heart. And if anything befalls you, do not say: ‘If only I had done this and that, such and such would have happened.’ Instead say, ‘It is the decree of Allah and He does whatever He wills.’ For (the word) ‘if’ surely opens the door for Satan’s work."

O servants of Allah's! Striving to attain that which benefits you and seeking help from Allah by trusting Him, relying on Him, and taking refuge with Him are two paths. He who walks them will succeed in reaching his goals, in being safe from that which he fears. Thus, he will enjoy every good in this world and in the hereafter.

The best and most honourable of all this are two things: being favoured with Allah's satisfaction and with the sight of His holy face in the Paradise of bliss. Such is the extra which Allah promised those who did good and were sincere in their intentions: [For those who have done good is the best (reward, i.e. Paradise) and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Countenance of Allâh جل جلاله)). Neither darkness nor dust nor any humiliating disgrace shall cover their faces. They are the dwellers of Paradise, they will abide therein forever.] [Yûnus: 26].

The Prophet (e) joined together these two great rules in the best way possible when he commended Muslims to seek the driving motives and the help of the origin of such motives, i.e. Allah praise be to Him. He forbade helplessness either through failure to seek or neglect the driving motives or through negligence and failure to seek the help of Allah.

The whole of religion, as is stated by Ibn Al-Qayyim (may Allah rest his soul in peace) is "under these prophetic words."

Striving to attain that which benefits you is the origin of success and happiness in this world and in the Hereafter. Also seeking the help of Allah (I)[3], trusting Him and relying on Him are the basis of Allah's acceptance; they are the origin of Allah's reward and guidance to His straight path. If man strives to attain that which benefits him _and nothing is more beneficial for him than worshipping his Lord, as worship is the purpose of his creation. Allah, the Almighty says: [And I (Allâh) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone).] [Ađ-Đâriyât: 56].

Worship is doing all that Allah loves and leaving all that He forbids, with the intention to please Him and follow His Messenger (e). It can also be prayer, fasting, performing hajj, and paying zakat as well as gratitude, patience, satisfaction, and eagerness to meet Him. Again, it can be supplication, humility, imploring, returning to Him in repentance, and total submission to Him alone.

Worship can also be eating what is halal (lawful), avoiding what is haram (unlawful), enjoining good, forbidding evil, obedience to the parents, nobility of character, respect of the elderly, mercy with the children and the poor, sincerity, and trustworthiness. It is keeping one's promise, avoiding usury, lowering one's gaze, guarding one's chastity, and wasting one's life in befriending bad people, gossiping, eating and sleeping.

Worship is the woman's veil, chastity and virtue. It is calling to the way of Allah and making jihad (i.e. striving) for His sake. The Almighty says: [Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Verily, my Salât (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allâh, the Lord of the ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists)[162]. He has no partner. And of this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims.] [Al-An'am: 162-163].

If man seeks the help of Allah and avoids worshipping other than Him, especially the worship of the devil who is the head of all false idols. While warning us against the worship of the devil, Allah says: [Did I not command you, O Children of Adam, that you should not worship Shaitân (Satan). Verily, he is a plain enemy to you.] [YâSîn: 60]. Worshipping the devil is obeying him in disbelieving in Allah and becoming a polytheist.

If man follows all the driving motives of success, the afore-mentioned Prophet's commandment and takes him as a model in life, he will lead a good life in this world and win an ample reward in the hereafter, what Allah has prepared for the righteous people.

Fear Allah, O servants of Allah, and comply with this prophetic guidance which is included in his aforementioned great commandment. So strive to attain that which benefits you in this world. Seek the help of Allah in all your affairs; avoid the neglect of that which you should not neglect: good with which you can please your Lord, rise your rank and reach what you are longing for in this world and in the hereafter.

May Allah grant me and you the benefit of His Book and of His Prophet's sunnah. Having said this, I seek forgiveness for me, for you and for all Muslims from Almighty Allah. He is indeed Forgiving and Merciful.

Part Two

Praise be to Allah; we thank Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness; we seek refuge with Allah of our evils and our bad deeds; whomever is guided by Allah nothing and no one will be able to misguide, and whomever is misguided by Allah nothing and no one will be able to guide. I bear witness that there is no deity except Allah alone who has no partners, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger. O Allah! Send your Salat (Graces, Honours, and Mercy) on your servant and Messenger Muhammad and on his family and followers.

O you servants of Allah! Man should not stop seeking what might be beneficial for him and just depend on fate; rather, he should do what Allah and His Messenger ordered him to do. The Prophet (e) ordered Muslims to seek what is beneficial for them, and what is beneficial for them, as Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah rest his soul in peace) said: "requires one to fight the devils both human and Jinn and to repel what was preordained of evil with what Allah has preordained of good."

Still, man should ask help from Allah since there is no might or power except by Him; man should make the intentions that his deeds are purely and exclusively done for the sake of Allah, because Allah only accepts deeds that are purely done for His sake. This is the meaning of the Qur'ānic verse [You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).] [Al-Fātihah: 5].

Man must worship Allah by doing what He enjoined him to do and abstain from what He forbade, while seeking the help of Allah to do so. Through worshiping Allah and obeying Him in what He enjoined, lies the erasure of what was preordained of evil with what was preordained of good, and the repelling of what Satan desires and seeks of evil before it materializes with what Allah repels it of good. Allah Almighty said: [And if Allâh did not check one set of people by means of another, the earth would indeed be full of mischief. But Allâh is full of bounty to the ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists).] [Al-Baqarah: 251]

Fear Allah – O servants of Allah- and seek what is useful for you by way of asking help from Allah since this will lead you to gain His pleasure and be considered by Him among the successful.

Send your Salat and peace (Graces, Honours, and Mercy) on the Seal of the prophets (Muhammad) and the Messenger of the Lord of Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists). You have been ordered to do so in the Holy Qur'ān: [Allâh sends His Salât (Graces, Honours, Blessings, Mercy) on the Prophet (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and also His angels (ask Allâh to bless and forgive him). O you who believe! Send your Salât on (ask Allâh to bless) him (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islâmic way of greeting (salutation i.e. As-Salâmu ‘Alaikum).] [Al-Ahzāb: 56]

O Allah! Send your Salat and peace (Graces, Honours, and Mercy) on your servant and Messenger Muhammad, and be pleased with his four successive caliphs: Abu Bakr, Omar, Othman, Ali, and all his household, Companions, tābi`în (the contemporaries of the Prophet's Companions) and those who followed them righteously till the Day of Judgment, and us through your forgiveness, generosity, and benevolence, O You the Most Generous.

O Allah! Glorify (empower) Islam and Muslims, O Allah! Glorify Islam and Muslims, O Allah! Glorify Islam and Muslims, and protect your religion, destroy its enemies and all tyrants and corrupters; O Allah! Bring into harmony the hearts of Muslims, unite their forces, make righteous their leaders, and unite their word on the truth, O Lord of Alamin.

O Allah! Grant victory to your religion (Islam), your Book (The Qur'ān), and the Sunnah of your Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); and give victory to your servant believers and the truthful Mujahideen (those who fight in the path of Allah).

O Allah! Make us safe and secure in our countries, make righteous our imams and leaders, support with the truth our imam and leader, and make available for him a righteous retinue, guide him to do what you love and accept, O you who hear our supplication; O Allah! Guide him and his crown prince and his brothers to do what is good for Islam and Muslims and to what will lead to the benefit of the people and the country, O You to whom is our return in the Day of Judgment.

O Allah! Protect us against your enemies and our enemies with whatever you will, O Lord of Alamin. O Allah! Protect us against your enemies and our enemies with whatever you will, O Lord of Alamin. O Allah! We pray You to turn their cunning against them and seek refuge with You from their evils, O Allah! We pray You to turn their cunning against them and seek refuge with You from their evils, O Allah! We pray You to turn their cunning against them and seek refuge with You from their evils.[4]

O Allah! Make better our religion which is our protection, and make better our Dunya (life in this world) which is the source of our living, and make better or Hereafter to which we are returning, and make life an increase of everything good, and death a rest for us of everything evil.

O Allah! Grant our souls righteousness, and purify and chasten them; You are the best to do this.

O Allah! We seek refuge with you against the disappearance of Your blessing, and the change in the good health you grant us, and the suddenness of Your vengeance, and all kinds of Your wrath.

O Allah! Cure our diseased ones, have mercy on our dead, help us achieve our goals that please You, and make our last deeds good ones.

O Allah! Protect our Muslim brothers in Syria, Burma, Palestine, and everywhere O Lord of Alamin, O Allah! Be on their side; mend their defeat, have mercy on their weakness, feed their hungry people, clothe those without clothes amongst them, and be on their side with Your generosity, O Lord of Alamin; provide them with your support, O Allah! Provide them with your support, O Allah! Provide them with your support, and grant them your victory, O Lord of Alamin.

[Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers.] [Al-A'rāf: 23]

[Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!] [Al-Baqarah: 201]

And may Allah have His peace and blessings on His servant and Messenger, our Prophet Muhammad and on his household and all his Companions, and praise be to Allah, the Lord of Alamin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!