/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam I want to know in terms of a economy in an Islamic state do people have the cho

truthseeker63
11-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Salam I want to know in terms of a economy in an Islamic state do people have the choice or free will as far as what career or job they want to do ? Is it halal to force a person to go into a career they don't want like if I don't want to work as a Doctor but the Government or State forces me to become one would this be Slavery in a way ? Does free will and choice exist in employment ? Can anyone quote Quran and or Hadith on this subject if there is any verses about choice and employment thank you ?

http://www.muslimtents.com/shaufi/b16index.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
11-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Can there be Employee Employer Contract in Islam ?

truthseeker63
11-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Can there be Employee Employer Contracts in Islam or in an Islamic State ?

truthseeker63
11-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know thank you ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamica
11-20-2012, 12:27 AM
wa'alaykum asalaaam

We are free to chose in what we want to do. But we should also consider what our parents wishes as well as the needs of the ummah and not run off to do what we desire or what is haram (like go become a singer). With that said, there are also certain fields that can be considered communal obligation. Meaning if there is a need for it in the community then someone has to take it up or the whole community can be sinning. If if someone has the talent to do it and becomes qualified in it then the communal obligation is lifted and it is an individual obligation on that person to fulfill that need. For example, if there are no female doctors in the community then that is something that should be pursued by the female students in the community so muslimahs don't have to go to a kuffar or to a male.

something of similar is mentioned here - http://islamqa.com/en/ref/169979

In terms of the state, if there is a need in the community and state wants you to do a certain field only then i don't see why that is wrong. Also, many countries offer full funding for it's citizens to go aboard ( or even at home) study in a certain field. They spending the money on the citizen so they have qualified people in certain fields in the country to help the country prosper. If you are getting funding for your education then you are in a contract with them to major in a certain field and in return they pay your bills. Many Muslims go study aboard and at the cost of their government and then get residency visa and start living there, never coming back. They are traitors who betray their country and government as well as who break their contract. Many who desire to go to the west for that "glamourish" life do this too. Some gov'ts are now try to do something about it, like request the other country to send the citizen back by force or the individual pay up all the money spent on them.

Regarding contracts, we are obligated to fulfill them. If they don't disagree with them then you should sign one. All employees sign contracts with their employer as are bound by that contract. Allaah has enjoined fulfilment of contracts. He says (interpretation of the meaning):“O you who believe! Fulfil (your) obligations” [al-Maa'idah 5:1].

allahu alim

theplains
11-21-2012, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
wa'alaykum asalaaam
Meaning if there is a need for it in the community then someone has to take it up or the whole community can be sinning.
Hello, I'm new to the forum.

If the sin passes onto the whole community as you mention, will God punish the whole community?
If a Muslim comes from outside the community to fulfill the need, will God remove the punishment?

Thanks,
Jim

Hulk
11-21-2012, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by theplains
Hello, I'm new to the forum.

If the sin passes onto the whole community as you mention, will God punish the whole community?
If a Muslim comes from outside the community to fulfill the need, will God remove the punishment?

Thanks,
Jim
Generally those who are unaware of the situation will not be put into account. But to give you a better understanding of what it means. Imagine being in a community where no one knows how to put out a fire properly. Or being in a community where no one knows what to do if someone passes away. There should at least be one person who is knowledgable in such fields so that they could lead the community in such situations.

theplains
11-24-2012, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Generally those who are unaware of the situation will not be put into account. But to give you a better understanding of what it means. Imagine being in a community where no one knows how to put out a fire properly. Or being in a community where no one knows what to do if someone passes away. There should at least be one person who is knowledgable in such fields so that they could lead the community in such situations.
I was wondering how the whole community would be guilty of sinning (like the previous poster mentioned) if
(by using your example) there is a need to properly put out a fire in the community but no one knows how
to do it?

Thanks,
Jim

Hulk
11-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Because it is the responsibility of the community to appoint at least one person to be in charge.

theplains
11-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Because it is the responsibility of the community to appoint at least one person to be in charge.
Thanks. Is there a way that I can be notified when someone replies to a thread topic quoting a post from a previous
user? I think I have my account settings set up properly but I was notified when you replied to me.

Jim

Hulk
11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
You're welcome, mm well you can subscribe to a thread which will notify you when the thread has been posted on but I don't think you can choose to be notified only when quoted as that is part of thread content. I just checked my settings to tell you how to do it but I can't figure it out I think you might have to check it out and look for something about "thread subscription".

islamica
11-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Imam al Ghazali (may Allah have mercy upon him) gives an interesting discussion whereby this topic is addressed. Of course the time within which the Imam lived is much different than ours, however for those of reflection it will insha’Allah provide much food for thought. He explains that there exist towns wherein there are many scholars of jurisprudence, a great blessing. However, in such towns despite the abundance of knowledge in the field of fiqh there was no resident doctor. The latter of which he explains is a communal obligation (fard kifayah).

Communal obligations differ from personal obligations (fard ayn) in that personal obligations must be done by all people at all times. An example of a personal obligation is the prayer; everyone must do it at all times. Of course, a certain level of religious knowledge is required upon every individual. Communal obligations, on the other hand, are requirements that the community as a collective must fulfill. And, when that community responsibility is not done then the entire group is in sin. A common example of this is religious leadership; this is needed and required to call the community to Islam and assist in the performance of communal religious obligations.

Allah, by His Knowledge and immense Mercy, did not create an Ummah (nation) of religious scholars. Rather, we are diverse in our skills, passions, abilities and knowledge. At this point we can return to the point made by Imam al Ghazali (may Allah have mercy on him). Those communities with many religious scholars were not fulfilling the communal obligation of having a doctor for the people. This is not the fault of any single person, rather it is the community which must recognize the need of a certain knowledge and/or profession and ensure that it is available for the betterment of society.

http://www.alhamdulilah.info/2011/02...d-kifayah.html

theplains
11-26-2012, 09:55 PM
You're welcome, mm well you can subscribe to a thread which will notify you when the thread has been posted on but I don't think you can choose to be notified only when quoted as that is part of thread content. I just checked my settings to tell you how to do it but I can't figure it out I think you might have to check it out and look for something about "thread subscription".
Thanks. I appreciate the help. I'll keep looking. For now, I'll bookmark the topics that I
view.

Jim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!