/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam to all Muslims here and hello to the Non Muslims. Does this agree with Islam as

truthseeker63
11-21-2012, 11:36 AM
As-Salamu Alaykum to all Muslim Brothers and Muslim Sisters here and hello to the Non Muslims Brothers and Sisters in Humanity Members of the Human Family how are you all ?

I found this quote from W. Deen Mohammed "We should realize that the first identity is not an African or a European or a Saudi. The first identity is a human being. ... [W]e should just make all the progress we can, separately and all together."

Does this agree with Islam as far as Identity ?

I do because I believe in a Color Blind Society Im not saying this means Racism does not exist or we can't talk about it m saying we should all Members of the Human Race and we should not divide the Human Family with Racis our Identity should be as Human Beings not as White Black or Asian does anyone agree with me ?

http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/peop...-mohammed.html

http://www.pbs.org/thisfarbyfaith/pe..._mohammed.html

http://blackinamerica.com/cgi-bin/bl...=163404&cid=10

Letter from Mecca
Malcolm X

April, 1964

There were tens of thousands of pilgrims, from all over the world. They were of all colors, from blue-eyed blonds to black-skinned Africans. But we were all participating in the same ritual, displaying a spirit of unity and brotherhood that my experiences in America had led me to believe never could exist between the white and non-white.
America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem. Throughout my travels in the Muslim world, I have met, talked to, and even eaten with people who in America would have been considered 'white'--but the 'white' attitude was removed from their minds by the religion of Islam. I have never before seen sincere and true brotherhood practiced by all colors together, irrespective of their color.

You may be
shocked by these words coming from me. But on this pilgrimage, what I have seen,
and experienced, has forced me to re-arrange much of my thought-patterns
previously held, and to toss aside some of my previous conclusions. This
was not too difficult for me. Despite my firm convictions, I have always been a
man who tries to face facts, and to accept the reality of life as new experience
and new knowledge unfolds it. I have always kept an open mind, which is
necessary to the flexibility that must go hand in hand with every form of
intelligent search for truth.

During the
past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate,
drunk from the same glass, and slept in the same bed (or on the same rug)--while
praying to the same God--with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest
of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of
white. And in the words and in the actions in the deeds of
the 'white' Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black
African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan, and Ghana.

We were
truly all the same (brothers)--because their belief in one God had
removed the white from their minds, the white from their behavior,
and the white from their attitude.

I could see
from this, that perhaps if white Americans could accept the Oneness of God, then
perhaps, too, they could accept in reality the Oneness of Man--and cease
to measure, and hinder, and harm others in terms of their 'differences' in
color.

http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/let_mecca.htm

Racism is not allowed in Islam, for the Quran speaks
of human equality in the following terms:

O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female and have made you into nations and tribes for you to know one another. Truly, the noblest of you with God is the most pious. Truly, God is All-Knowing, All-Aware.

(Quran, 49:13)

http://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-12.htm

Prophet Muhammad's
Last Sermon
Date delivered
: 632 A.C., 9th day of Dhul al
Hijjah, 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

http://www.themodernreligion.com/pro...lastsermon.htm

The name of our religion is Islam.
Islam is the religion for the whole of mankind.
There is only one God and his name is Allah. He has no partners and he has no family.
To help people practice Islam, Allah has sent many prophets to mankind.
All prophets preached Islam and they prayed to Allah.
All the prophets were human. The first prophet was the prophet Adam (peace and blessings be upon him). Some well known prophets are Prophet Abraham, Prophet Noah, Prophet Ishmael, Prophet Isaac, Prophet Moses, Prophet Jesus - the son of Mary, and Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon them all). The prophet Muhammad (born 571 - died 632 A.D.) was the last of the prophets, there will be no prophets after him.

http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/islamintro.html

"Narrated Uqbah Bin Aamir: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: These lineages of yours do not make you superior to anyone. You are all sons of Adam. No one has superiority over another except in piety and consciousness. It is sufficient shame for one to be foul, evil, or stingy." (Declared Hasan By Sheikh Arna'oot In Musnad Ahmad, #17351 -Source & #17482 Source, & Sheikh Arna'oot's Tahqeeq - Footnote 3 Of #17313 -Source. Also Declared Sahih By Sheikh Albani In: Sahih At-Targhib, #2962 -Source And Declared Sahih In Silsila As-Sahiha - Volume 3, #1038 -Source. Also Found In: At-Tabarani's Mujam Al-Kabir, #14252 -Source).

"'Praise be to Allah, there is only one book of Allah, and among you the believers are nations, red, white and black (wa fikum al-ahmar wa fikum al-abyad wa fikum al-aswad)'" (Ibn Qayyim, Awn Al-Mabud, 3:59-60).

"Abu Huraira said: Allah's Messenger (SAW) said: Indeed,Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth but He looks to your heart and to your deeds." (Sahih Muslim, #2564).

"The Prophet (saws) once reprimanded Abu Dharr for derisively calling Bilal, 'son of a black woman', then he went on to say, "Look! Surely you are not better than a brown man nor a black man except by fearing Allah more than them."

"Abu Hurairah said: The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him said: "Mankind is from Adam, and Adam is from dust." (Ibn Sa'd - Tabaqat Al-Kubra, #28 -Source).
(Declared Sahih By Sheikh A
lbani -Source, and Source,here and here).

(1) Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet
(peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah, Most High, has removed from you the pride of
the pre-Islamic period and its boasting in Ancestors. One is only a pious believer or a miserable
sinner. You are sons of Adam, and Adam came from Dust.
Let the people cease to boast about their Ancestors. They are merely fuel in Jahannam; or they
will certainly be of less account with Allah than the beetle which rolls dung
with its nose. (Book #41,
Hadith #5097)
http://www.searchtruth.com/searchHad...earch_word=all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
11-21-2012, 11:39 AM
What does everyone think do you agree with these links ?

truthseeker63
11-21-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree I think Nationalism/Racism/Tribalism is wrong I am a member of the Human Race not a White Race a Black Race a Asian Race a Arab Race or a Jewish Race.

Eric H
11-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Greetings and peace be with you truthseeker63; thanks for starting this topic.

I found this quote from W. Deen Mohammed "We should realize that the first identity is not an African or a European or a Saudi. The first identity is a human being. ... [W]e should just make all the progress we can, separately and all together."
I believe in one God the creator of all that is seen and unseen, therefore we are all a part of God’s wonderful creation.

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God, if God cares for everyone, we should also do the same.

In the spirit of searching for the oneness of God

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truthseeker63
11-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Thank you for you're kind words.

Who Am I?
11-21-2012, 07:01 PM
:sl:

I am a brown guy trapped in the body of a white guy who is still struggling to be rid of a past legacy of racism and self-loathing.

I have for most of my life felt like an outsider even among my own kind. There have been many times in my life when I felt like I was born at the wrong time, in the wrong place, to the wrong people. I wondered who I was, and why I was put here, in this time, and this place. I still wonder about that, but I am trying to accept that it is God's will, and leave it at that. I can't change my skin color, and I can't change this feeling of unbelonging that I still have. I'll just have to accept that I am a Reverse Coconut and leave it at that. :p

I often daydream and put myself back in the time of the Prophet (saws) and the Companions, and I wonder what they would think of me if they knew me? Would they be pleased with me, or would they be ashamed of me? I have no real answers for these questions, and that bothers me.

Hulk
11-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Bro truthseeker I believe theres nothing wrong with recognising your race/ethnicity, its just important not to think that you are superior to another human being of another race. I think Islam is currently the religion which is most "colourful". The important thing about being muslim is to remove arrogance from one's heart. We are in no place to think ourself superior. All praise is due to Allah! This is why when we see something beautiful we say MashaAllah, or SubhanAllah! We are stating that though the object is beautiful, the One worthy of the praise is God.

paulpablo
11-23-2012, 04:12 PM
I dont think anyone would say islam is racist it definitely promotes anti racism fundamentally, even though i do live in an area where most racist attacks are by pakistani teenagers from islamic families at least thats what i can tell by their names if the attacks are published in a newspaper. I would say i would personally be more worried about muslims attacking non muslims regardless of race, thats my own personal worry.

paulpablo
11-23-2012, 04:17 PM
"I am a brown guy trapped in the body of a white guy who is still struggling to be rid of a past legacy of racism and self-loathing."
Every race was is pretty much known to have a legacy of racism, its pretty well known that ghandi disliked black people, and slavery was common place in all parts of the world regardless of race. ive had non white girlfriends, 2 of which were even from muslim families and probably my best friend in work is a bearded muslim but im glad im white, i like the way i look. Im not proud of my race because its senseless to be proud of the fact you happened to come out of the womb of a person of a particular race but im not ashamed of it by any means.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!