/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As-Salamu Alaykum I want to ask everyone here Muslim and Non Muslim do you think it w

truthseeker63
11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
As-Salamu Alaykum I want to ask everyone here Muslim and Non Muslim do you think it would make me a racist If I am only attracted to certain races or skin colors of Women Im a Male by the way ? I believe we are all Human of course but I find only certain races attractive is this UnIslamic ? I talked about this with a Friend of mine who is Pakistani and he told me I am not attracted to Men either but I am not a Sexist I don't hate Men or all Men just because I am only attracted to Women does anyone agree ?

For instance, if a black person naturally prefers those of his or her own skin color rather than, say, Asians, is that racism?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9163448AACl09D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-21-2012, 12:13 PM
No it isn't racism, it is preference .. people are attracted to what they're attracted to!

:w:

truthseeker63
11-21-2012, 12:13 PM
I am not trying to offend anyone any person or people with this question.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Whatever floats your boat. There has to be some attraction to the future spouse, it's normal to have preferences.

- cOsMiC

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
11-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

It is natural to have preferences - which is very different from being racist.

Racism refers to the belief that a certain group of people are better/ superior than another group, simply based on their ethnicity.....and this is often accompanied by hatred/ other ill feelings towards them.

Even though we may have preferences towards a certain racial group (with regards to marriage), I think we should not blindly limit ourselves as a result of it.

Every person is unique, and if we just give them the chance, we may realise that 'Wow, this person is amazing - in terms of his/ her personality, deeni inclination, interests, etc'......and we may find that it may actually be possible to be attracted to someone out of our racial preferences, even though we initially did not think so.

There is beauty in every racial group, and we should love each other because we are all brothers and sisters in humanity, if not in Islam.

Allah has created us all, in these amazingly unique ways, and has blown His spirit into each and everyone of us.

So, while it is ok to have preferences - dont be too rigid in this......you may be pleasantly surprised insha Allah.

:wa:

ardianto
11-22-2012, 02:51 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
I am only attracted to certain races or skin colors of Women Im a Male by the way ? I believe we are all Human of course but I find only certain races attractive
Oh, oh, bro, .... you have been stuck on concept of beauty that made by people which usually refer to specific race.

Ignore what people say about beauty, and learn to use your heart to see the beauty, not only use your eyes. If you could use your heart to see beauty, you would be able to see the inner beauty. If your heart see inner beauty of a woman, Insha Allah, she would look beautiful in your eyes too.

:)

paulpablo
11-23-2012, 10:00 PM
its racist in the vaguest sense, but thats just a technical point that doesnt even need to be thought about. Basically racism is intolerance and or hatred of a race, or races of people. If you like the colour red and you want your car to be red it doesnt mean youre going to go out and petrol bomb green cars. I personally am attracted more by a girls personality and have been out with girls of a few different races and i find the idea of judgement of girls based on racial preference more shallow than actually racist.

truthseeker63
11-23-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't care what other people are attracted to everyone has their personal preferences in my opinion but my preference would be that Muslim Women are the most beautiful I think all Humans are beautiful if you think Im racist or not please do reply.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!