PDA

View Full Version : It annoys them??.....when a popstar wears a hijab



Abdul-Raouf
11-22-2012, 07:49 PM
News Article :
http://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2012...-french-media/

About Diam :
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diam's
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
11-22-2012, 08:11 PM
interesting
Reply

Abdul-Raouf
11-24-2012, 03:34 AM
there are many french videos - media discussions related to this article in youtube .. but i didnt find english translated/sub titled
Reply

Futuwwa
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Haters gonna hate.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Independent
11-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Does she still sing? Presumably her own music is now haram to her - which is a little bizarre?
Reply

جوري
11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
she no longer sings, and what is a little bizarre?
Reply

Independent
11-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
what is a little bizarre?
To be not allowed to listen to your own music - that's bizarre.

Am I right in thinking that there are a number of Islamic US rappers who do still sing?
Reply

جوري
11-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Independent
To be not allowed to listen to your own music - that's bizarre.
Yes you failed to elucidate why that is bizarre? Many non-Muslim singers and actors refuse to see their work for completely different reasons all together, it has nothing to do with her being Muslim. I have written poetry and prose since I was a kid and don't like to read them after I'd written them!


Originally Posted by Independent
Am I right in thinking that there are a number of Islamic US rappers who do still sing?
I don't know, I don't like listening to rap or people sing in general. There are people who do nasheeds/chants however and even those I don't generally have an ear for. Perhaps someone else can answer that one for you.


best,
Reply

Ramadan90
11-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
Yes you failed to elucidate why that is bizarre? Many non-Muslim singers and actors refuse to see their work for completely different reasons all together, it has nothing to do with her being Muslim. I have written poetry and prose since I was a kid and don't like to read them after I'd written them!

best,
Sister, how do you improve your skills if you dont go back and read them? I am just curious.:hmm:
Reply

جوري
11-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Allah<3
Sister, how do you improve your skills if you dont go back and read them? I am just curious.:hmm:
After I am completely done including editing I don't want to read it again, I get really sick of it. It is like listening to the same song over and over, say the barney song, albeit an annoying one but just as an example if you keep hearing it and hearing it, will absolutely drive you nuts.
Sob7an Allah the only book i can read and listen to repeatedly is the Noble Quran.. in fact it is the only thing in the world that gives me comfort!
Reply

glo
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Independent
Does she still sing? Presumably her own music is now haram to her - which is a little bizarre?
I was wondering the same thing.

I had assumed that singing/rapping in itself was NOT haram - only the use of certain instruments is (Oh, I should have read those many threads on music in Islam more carefully ...)

Would she still be permitted to rap? A good pro-Palestine rap might be nice, for example. Or one on wearing hijab.
Reply

جوري
11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
she said in so many words that she was unhappy in her old life and tried several times to commit suicide before she converted. What's wrong with someone wanting to give up an old chapter in their life and starting a new one?
Which is by the way what the French are trying to force her to do go back to work that is and take off her hijab so she won't be a 'bad role model' for kids and when that didn't work they questioned her state of mind.
They're some of the nastiest bigots I have encountered. Militant secularism!
Reply

glo
11-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
she said in so many words that she was unhappy in her old life and tried several times to commit suicide before she converted. What's wrong with someone wanting to give up an old chapter in their life and starting a new one?
Nothing wrong at all. She sounds like a much more grounded and fulfilled person than she was before.

I was just wondering if she was still PERMITTED to rap - if she chose to continue using her voice for singing now she has converted to Islam.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!