/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Prayer and Heaven as a State of Mind ?

truthseeker63
11-23-2012, 01:10 AM
As-Salamu Alaykum I know there are Muslims who may be lazy about praying but never forget Allah gave you the gift of life therefor praying is a way to thank him for this gift anyone agree ? I know prayer is Communion with God this can't be boring for humans in my opinion. God willing we will get to go to Paradise why not thank God for giving us the chance to go there and for creating everything including Paradise and our Souls ? One Reason why I pray to remember God for giving us these gifts I want to have a volitional connection with God I don't believe in only praying for a want a need or help some Religions teach there is no Afterlife that Heaven and or Paradise is only a State of Mind in this Life here on Earth what does everyone think of this view ? I think it is wrong because most Religions teach that Heaven is a Place after Death that lasts for Eternity you're Mind here on Earth you're Brain you're Thoughts are only Temporary if Heaven is only a State of Mind on Earth than that means when you die Heaven dies. Also the Nation of Islam teaches that Heaven is only a State of Mind. Here is a answer I got from Users on Yahoo Answers once. The Atheist view of death says humans and all living beings cease to exist after death a state like before birth like we were never born in the first place I just view this as scary. Saying Heaven is only a State of Mind sounds like accepting the Atheist view of Death that we cease exist after death as Individuals. Many Atheists say people only believe in God because it gives them comfort to believe in an Afterlife. Atheists are Materialists they believe in Materialism therefor they believe this Material World is all there is Life is Short therefor Atheists just have fun before they die they live for the Material things in life Materialism is a sad way to live. Well I don't think we only believe in an Afterlife because we fear the idea that we will cease to exist after death Atheists many of them believe we cease to exist after death but wish there was a God and an Afterlife. As a Collective most Humans believe in God and an Afterlife and Religion but some Individuals do not don't care or don't know. People may believe Heaven is a State of Mind that all Heaven is this life and Heaven is just about feeling good but many Material Things feel good in this life that doesn't make it Spiritual. Humans want to live Humans have a Survival Instinct no one wants to believe when they die they just cease to exist no one wants to believe after death they will just cease to exist forever.

For those of you who believe that Heaven and Hell are states of minds and not places. How can Heaven and Hell be states of mind if these states of mind are not eternal since all Humans are going to die someday.

When the mind dies, Heaven and Hell die along with it...

A solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or an object of worship

the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving); "the priest sank to his knees in prayer"

Prayer is a form of religious practice that seeks to activate a volitional connection to a god, deity or spirit, through deliberate practice. Prayer may be either individual or communal and take place in public or in private. It may involve the use of words or song. ...

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...w=1120&bih=565

8 No already physically dead person
will be in the hereafter; that is slavery belief, taught to slaves to keep them
under control. This is taught also so that they won't be thinking about the
wealth of their slave-masters while under the slave-master. The slave is made to
believe his will come after death, and his master knows that death settles all,
and that you can't return to tell him whether he lied or told the
truth.

http://www.seventhfam.com/temple/boo...man/blk132.htm

For those of you who believe that Heaven and Hell are states of minds and not places. How can Heaven and Hell be states of mind if these states of mind are not eternal since all Humans are going to die someday.

When the mind dies, Heaven and Hell die along with it...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4171915AAcxTrX

HUMANS CREATED TO WORSHIP ALLAH
A.
Jinn
and Man created for
worship of Allah
Al-Qur'an 51:56
B. Meaning of Ibadaah – root word Abd meaning
‘slave’.

http://www.islam101.com/religions/ch...milarities.htm

Real happiness and peace can be found in submitting to the commands of the Creator and the Sustainer of this world. God has said in the Quran:
“Truly, in remembering God do hearts find rest.” (Quran 13:28)

On the other hand, the one who turns away from the Quran will have a life of hardship in this world. God has said:

“But whoever turns away from the Quran,[1] he will have a hard life, and We will raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment.” (Quran 20:124)

This may explain why some people commit suicide while they enjoy the material comfort money can buy. For example, look at Cat Stevens (now Yusuf Islam), formerly
a famous pop singer who used to earn sometimes more than $150,000 a night. After he converted to Islam, he found true happiness and peace, which he had not found in material success.

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/244/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
11-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Does anyone agree with me ?

truthseeker63
11-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Feel free to disagree with me.

I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
Mark Twain

http://old.richarddawkins.net/quotes?page=2

We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here.

http://old.richarddawkins.net/articl...miracle-enough

Q: What do you think happens to you when you die?

A: Just in case there are any misconceptions about this, most serious atheists don't believe in reincarnation or spirits any more than we believe in hell. What defines "you" is what you think and feel, and how you interact with the universe. When this stops happening, you're not you anymore. So you simply stop existing.

If this idea scares you, think about all the millions of years that passed before you were born. Do you remember it? Was that scary? Interestingly enough, the fate that Christians find so inconceivable -- complete nonexistence -- is regarded by Buddhists as the best possible outcome for your life ("Nirvana").

Some people take this a step further and argue this way: "The first law of thermodynamics says that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed. Since life is a form of energy, it must go somewhere." We don't see life as a self-contained form of energy. It's more of a process that matter and energy goes through.
Some people find this idea disturbing. They really want to be around forever. We all would. But realizing that you won't be around forever makes this life seem more valuable in a way. Since you only get one shot, it's important to do the best you can to be happy and make others happy before you're done.

http://www.atheist-community.org/faq/

Is Death a state like we had never been born ?

Is Death a state like we had never been born ?

Yes, you were non-existent for many billions of years before you were born, and you will be non-existent for many billions of years after you die. It's not so bad though, you didn't mind it before you were born, did you?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8232859AAANpDD

truthseeker63
11-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Please reply.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truthseeker63
11-23-2012, 10:53 PM
I agree with all these links and my opinions.

Hulk
11-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Sorry for not contributing to your thread bro, I agree with you that paradise is not a state of mind. There is no point in trying to make sense of the atheistic view as like you said they only believe in what they can perceive with their empirical senses. If you tell them that heaven exists they would ask you for directions.

Independent
11-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Some nice quotes there.

truthseeker63
11-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Thank You.

truthseeker63
11-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Salam glo my question is what do you mean by being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like can you explain ? I ask because I agree I always used to tell people this. My question is also does the Quran and or Hadith and Islam say that being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like thank you ?

Thread: (Question about Prayer and Heaven as a State of Mind ?)Question about Prayer...
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I don't believe that heaven is just a state of mind, but I believe that being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like. Salaam :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134316522-question-about-prayer-heaven-state-mind.html (Question about Prayer and Heaven as a State of Mind ?)

truthseeker63
11-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Anyone please reply.

Thank You.

truthseeker63
11-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Salam glo

truthseeker63
11-25-2012, 08:17 AM
What do you mean by being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like can you explain ? I ask because I agree I always used to tell people this. My question is also does the Quran and or Hadith and Islam say that being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like thank you ?

Insaanah
11-25-2012, 12:12 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Salam glo my question is what do you mean by being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like can you explain ? I ask because I agree I always used to tell people this. My question is also does the Quran and or Hadith and Islam say that being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like thank you ?

Thread: (Question about Prayer and Heaven as a State of Mind ?)Question about Prayer...
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I don't believe that heaven is just a state of mind, but I believe that being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like. Salaam :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/134316522-question-about-prayer-heaven-state-mind.html (Question about Prayer and Heaven as a State of Mind ?)
From an Islamic point of view, what glo has said isn't correct.

format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
My question is also does the Quran and or Hadith and Islam say that being in prayer or worship cen give us a glimpse into what heaven will be like thank you ?
No, they don't. While there are short descriptions of heaven in certain verses of the Qur'an, Allah states that:

No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do. (Qur'an, 32:17)

Hulk
11-25-2012, 09:34 PM
There is a phenomenon that one might call a "religious experience" but it isn't necessarily something that can stand on proper ground.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!