/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hi

paulpablo
11-23-2012, 01:34 PM
hi im paulpablo, im an atheist and i like to debate about things related to religion. I think muslims are the best people to debate religion with, its pretty testing. I only came here because i was on another islamic forum but people stopped replying and the threads all went dead and no one seemed to go on there anymore.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Debating and discussing is one thing, but to quote verses and answer Muslims questions wrongly based on your lack of knowledge is another.

I am not surprised the threads on the other forum went dead, and nobody bothered answering.

I hope you're here to learn, and to have respectful discussions on matters of mutual interest, rather than to give misinformation thinking you know Islam.

Peace.

جوري
11-23-2012, 02:54 PM
^^ :haha: I was about to say but really couldn't be bothered.. Everyone is an insta scholar.. ugh

paulpablo
11-23-2012, 03:25 PM
its difficult to reply to you because all my posts keep being deleted, i havent typed anything insulting or anything. But arent you worried you might only be getting a 2 dimensional view on topics if you only allow the views you want to see? rather than speaking out against anything ive said people just seem to have deleted what ive said.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
11-23-2012, 03:35 PM
When you read a translation of a verse and think you know it all on an Islamic subject from that, and you don't see why your opinion isn't correct, then such posts will be deleted. As a non-Muslim you do not have the knowledge to make declarations on Islamic topics based on one verse which you've read a translation. I've directed you to 14 links on the topic, as you clearly don't have knowledge on the subject.

Once you've read them all, then if you have any questions you can ask, in the appropriate thread, not in this one, which we'll keep for welcomes.

Signor
11-23-2012, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
As a non-Muslim you do not have the knowledge to make declarations on Islamic topics based on one verse which you've read a translation.
I agree completely with Sis Insaanah and it doesn't applies to Non-Muslims but to Muslims also.NO ORDINARY MUSLIM QUALIFIES TO INTERPRET AYAH BY HIS/HER OWN.Issues of Fiqh and Sharia is another field.Those who can do this are either Qualifies to Do it are either Muftis/Grand Muftis/Imam of High Stature who have given their lives to serve Islam.If you start things with biased mind and disrespect,you will get the same(I guess you know how Karma works:What goes around comes around)

Peace

Aprender
11-23-2012, 04:17 PM
I think it's a sad waste of your life to thrive off of debating with people about their religion, no matter what religion it is. It's one thing to offer clarification and different views on certain things but to thrive off of debating shows diminished character. It's better to learn.

I think you could benefit to the world better by getting off of Islamic forums and doing more to help make your community better. Come back here when you've gained some humility and you want to learn about Islam instead of talking about what you don't know, don't understand and masking that as fact.

Have a wonderful day and bienvenido Pablo.

paulpablo
11-23-2012, 04:19 PM
I would disagree with you and go at length to tell you why, but if i do my post is likely to be deleted.
So ill just nod my head, smile and agree

paulpablo
11-23-2012, 04:25 PM
but thanks for wishing me a good day, im about to go out to the gym which you might agree is a more productive use of my energy.

Hulk
11-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi paul maybe you are unfamiliar with the etiquette here but we tend to not take words lightly. We are responsible for what we say and when we speak without knowledge not only are we confusing ourselves we're also confusing others. Every action is by intention so you have to ask yourself what is your intention in debating. Even if you say that you have a sincere intention in showing the "truth" to people, debates often misalign your sincere intention and you end up wanting to defend your ego more than anything else.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!