/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As-Salamu Alaykum my question is is it halal for a person to Cry Tear Up or get Emoti

truthseeker63
11-24-2012, 01:24 PM
As-Salamu Alaykum my question is is it halal for a person to Cry Tear Up or get Emotional when Praying at home/house or at the Masjid or when one hears the Islamic Call to Prayer the Azan or when one hears Quran Recitation ? I ask this question because I have done this because the Religion and Way of Life of Islam touches my Heart in this way I have cried because I when I accepted Islam I felt sad because of my past sins but I feel Islam is such a beautiful religion it hurts me to see it attacked. I am a Male I know I was taught Men should never cry or Boys but I can't help it. I get Emotional Sad Angry when a person attacks something someone or a religion that I love. Islam has given me Comfort since I suffer from Depression according to my Doctor. I cry because I love Allah with all my heart I love Prophet Muhammad I love Islam therefor I did get upset about the Danish Cartoons from 2006.

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/kor...art/index.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
11-24-2012, 01:25 PM
I am not trying to sound feminine but I am a gentle person.

Insaanah
11-24-2012, 07:12 PM
:sl:

Not only is it halal, but also desirable, for all Muslims, whether men or women, and how fortunate is the one whose eyes shed tears in the remembrance /fear of Allah:

And they fall upon their faces weeping, and the Qur'an increases them in humble submission. (17:109)

Those were the ones upon whom Allah bestowed favor from among the prophets of the descendants of Adam and of those We carried [in the ship] with Noah, and of the descendants of Abraham and Israel, and of those whom We guided and chose. When the verses of the Most Merciful were recited to them, they fell in prostration and weeping. (19:58)

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah :ra: said: The Messenger of Allaah :saws: said: “There are seven whom Allaah will shade with His shade on the day when there will be no shade but His: a just ruler; a young man who grows up worshipping Allaah; a man whose heart is attached to the mosque; two men who love one another for the sake of Allaah, meeting and parting on that basis; a man who is called (to commit sin) by a woman of high status and great beauty and he says, ‘I fear Allaah’; a man who gives in charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand is doing; and a man who remembers Allaah when he is alone and his eyes flow with tears.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 660; Muslim, 1031.

Here is a nice link to read more:

http://www.islamqa.info/en/ref/46911/weep

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!