/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have some questions about Sharia law

crimsontide06
11-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Under Sharia law, as I understand it, food and drinks, shelter, anything to do with health needs, high school and college education....would all be free!!! As it should be! However, does this get rid of the incentive to work or go to school?? Why even get out of bed in the mornings if everything is provided for you??

Who pays Doctors, nurses, farmers (the people who still have to provide the food, shelter and health care)...etc?

I am asking this worldly .I do not mean JUST a Muslim nation, what if America decided to let people have free stuff? (they wouldn't call it sharia though, since they don't even know what sharia is)...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
bump...how many times can we bump a thread so it can be seen?

M.I.A.
11-25-2012, 09:30 PM
as somebody that has been on the bed for a number of years.

i can tell you that you either take your chances or you dont progress.

...i can almost not blame the people who are hard to motivate.

i mean iv been to places and worked my hands to blisters.. literally.. sweeping forklift yards was a new personal low.

but its all part of a bigger picture.. worked for kellogg's.

iv been to places where iv picked 700 items a shift.. and been moved to an area where they pick an item every 5 seconds.. lol

i guess i must submit more?

procrastinate less?

and maybe be less opinionated.. not that i ever voice them.

to be fair id actually be ok with sweeping forklift yards.. but it was only one day a week..

and the night shifts over christmas where only temporary.

wow i feel so ungrateful.

anyway that was a long winded joke,

everybody is a part of something bigger, if we play by the governments rules.

the education systems rules.

...the healthcare systems rules.

or if we just give up.

i cant make the distinction between what i want and what god wants..

maybe that is a more important question.

...i guess lambo's and supermodels are out of the question.

..im kidding, see that sort of thing will get you into somebodies bad books.

please let me know if nobody found that funny.

Hulk
11-25-2012, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Under Sharia law, as I understand it, food and drinks, shelter, anything to do with health needs, high school and college education....would all be free!!! As it should be! However, does this get rid of the incentive to work or go to school?? Why even get out of bed in the mornings if everything is provided for you??

Who pays Doctors, nurses, farmers (the people who still have to provide the food, shelter and health care)...etc?

I am asking this worldly .I do not mean JUST a Muslim nation, what if America decided to let people have free stuff? (they wouldn't call it sharia though, since they don't even know what sharia is)...
I think it's good that no one is jumping in trying to answer as no one is really an expert on Sharia here. I've not heard about those things being free before under Sharia but what I do know is that everyone will be taken care of under Sharia. I'd say it's impossible for a non-muslim nation to implement sharia(whether by name or not) as their perception of the world is very different. To a secularist mind, all that matters is the here and now and thus you might as well get everything you can while you're there. For muslims, the dunya is only temporary and the real goal is the hereafter. While we have our portion in the dunya we don't see it as the final abode.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
11-26-2012, 06:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Assalamu'alaikum.

During ramadan, many masjid provide free "iftar", which everyone can break their fast with free foods which provided by masjid. Where are the foods (or money to buy foods) come from?. From whealthy people who donate their foods or money, so the poor people who are not able to buy food can eat too.

This is the concept of wealth distribution in Islam, wealthy people share what they have to poor people, through zakat-infaq-sadaqah.

Islamic govt may provide free health care, free education, but actually the costs for those "free" are paid by wealthy people. Islamic govt collect zakat-infaq-sadaqah from wealthy people and distribute to poor people. Islamic govt should provide food for hungry poor people, but they should not feed the wealthy people.

"Everything should be provided by govt" is not the concept of Islamic society, but concept of communism, in exactly, communism in pure form. In this concept, govt provide what the people need, but people work only for govt. There's no freedom to 'choose the life' in this concept, and there's no individual property because everything owned by the state. Khmer Rogue tried to implement this concept when they ruled Cambodia, and we know the result.

In Islamic society, everyone has freedom to choose a job that they want, as long as halal. And people are allowed to collect wealth as much as they can, but they should always remember their duty to help poor people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!