/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am new to Islam and I want to start going to the local Chinese mosque...

Joseph33
11-26-2012, 06:44 PM
The only problem is that I don't speak Chinese and I don't know how to do any of the prayers. What should I do? I really want to start worshiping with other Muslims but I don't know how to tell them that I recently converted. I don't want to just waltz into a mosque with no clue about what I'm doing since they might think I'm being disrespectful.

As for introductions, I'm a 23 year old American living in China. I decided to convert after reading about the Q'uran and the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH). I'm currently working in a country that actively oppresses Muslims and other religions. This site is even blocked in China so I had to connect through a VPN.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Wow sob7an Allah.. it is amazing that you found Islam in China. They're some of the worst oppressed Muslims around the world, well Mynmar is up there too. Is it possible that you can find an Arab community in China first? I am not favoring Arab Muslims at all I am just saying it might make it easier and put you on the right road to meet with your needs.

in shaa Allah if there are any Muslims here living in China can help direct you to the right place..

:welcome: aboard akhi

Hulk
11-26-2012, 07:09 PM
MashaAllah welcome to Islam brother. Well bro before you go in make sure you take off your shoes, then go to the washing area to take your wudu. Then go to the prayer hall, find a spot for yourself and pray. Don't walk directly infront of someone who is praying. Do you have no muslim friends with you? Is it possible that someone from the mosque might speak english?

Joseph33
11-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm not aware of any Arabic communities in my current city. The Muslims here are Hui and they're basically the friendliest people you can find in China. I've been planning on taking a vacation to Xinjiang (northwestern most province in China) in 8 months. In Xinjiang, the majority of the population is Sunni Muslim. I've started studying Chinese in my free time so in shaa Allah I will be able to communicate with the Uyghur Muslims of Xinjiang when I go there. But in the mean time, I really want to worship with fellow Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Joseph33
11-26-2012, 07:22 PM
And Hulk, unfortunately, I don't have any Muslim friends who speak English. And because of the oppression and widespread poverty among the Hui, almost none of them are educated or speak English. I've lived here for over a year and I have yet to encounter an English-speaking Hui.

جوري
11-26-2012, 07:24 PM
I am so impressed with you ma shaa Allah..
may Allah swt make your path enriching, fulfilling and easy for you. I fear for your safety in such a volatile place, but you seem to have such a good head on your shoulders ma shaa Allah..

Hulk
11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Ah I see, in that case just go in and pray..

You can see here for prayer times
http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPra...?country=China

Maybe you can just learn a few phrases that would help you tell them that you are muslim. I don't know how to say "I just converted" in chinese but I'm sure you can say "Wo shi muslim"/ I am muslim.

Amat Allah
11-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon you O my respected an noble brother,

Welcome to Islam O our precious brother and to Islamic board as a dear member to our family amongst your brothers and sisters...

Allahu Akbar and all Praise and Thanks be to Allah The Most Merciful The Most Compassionate, I am really happy for ya O my brother and I pray for ya; O Allah please him and Be pleased with him O Allah guide his way always to Your straight path and keep him firm O Allah help him to worship You right and be from the best of Your slaves and servants O Allah love him and make all of Your creation love him O Allah give him the best of the best and grant him the highest level of The Paradise without any reckoning and ease his way to You O The Most Exalted O Allah bless him and cover him with all of Your blessings and graces and fill his heart with endless love, peace , comfort, happiness and satisfaction in this life and the after life too O Allah I beg You please to answer this prayer

Praise Be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon the last of His messengers

O Allah Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

take care of your precious self and whenever you need anything then ask away, God Willing.

leaving ya under Allah's sight, care and protection.

Humbly and with all respect in the world, your sister no matter what:

Amat Allah.

Joseph33
11-26-2012, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
I am so impressed with you ma shaa Allah..
may Allah swt make your path enriching, fulfilling and easy for you. I fear for your safety in such a volatile place, but you seem to have such a good head on your shoulders ma shaa Allah..
The government generally leaves Muslims alone solong as they don't proselytize their religion. At the same time, it is technically illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to enter a religious building. The law isn't strictly enforced but it's still scary to know that it is there. The major problem is the racism Muslims in China must endure. The Han Chinese are generally suspicious of the Hui and Uyghurs and rarely give them jobs. Worse still, the Muslims lack political representation because you must disavow your religion in order to work for the government. I was recently reading an article about how the Uyghurs of Xinjiang had to choose between not fasting on Ramadan or losing their jobs.

Amat Allah
11-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Forgot to tell ya not to fear anything, just go a head and ask ; you may find someone can speak in english, Allah knows.

you are new and in need of learning so, no blame nor shame on ya at all...and no worries cause Allah Is always with us guiding our ways ; we only need to trust Him and rely on Him ...

God bless ya always and forever Ameen

جوري
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joseph33
had to choose between not fasting on Ramadan or losing their jobs.
Unfortunately I am aware of that law.. It is a very difficult time for Muslims in the world now but in shaa Allah we're returning!

Al-Anfal [8:19]

إِن تَسْتَفْتِحُواْ فَقَدْ جَاءكُمُ الْفَتْحُ وَإِن تَنتَهُواْ فَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَإِن تَعُودُواْ نَعُدْ وَلَن تُغْنِيَ عَنكُمْ فِئَتُكُمْ شَيْئًا وَلَوْ كَثُرَتْ وَأَنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ
In tastaftihoo faqad jaakumu alfathu wain tantahoo fahuwa khayrun lakum wain taAAoodoo naAAud walan tughniya AAankum fiatukum shayan walaw kathurat waanna Allaha maAAa almumineena
8:19 (O Unbelievers!) if ye prayed for victory and judgment, now hath the judgment come to you: if ye desist (from wrong), it will be best for you: if ye return (to the attack), so shall We. Not the least good will your forces be to you even if they were multiplied: for verily Allah is with those who believe!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!