/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seven Egyptian Christians sentenced to death for anti-Islam video

Roasted Cashew
11-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Egypt court sentences in absentia 7 Coptic Christians, US pastor to death over anti-Islam film.

CAIRO — An Egyptian court has convicted in absentia seven Egyptian Coptic Christians and a Florida-based American pastor and sentenced them to death on charges linked to an anti-Islam film that had sparked riots in parts of the Muslim world.

Egypt’s official news agency said the court found the defendants guilty Wednesday of harming national unity, insulting and publicly attacking Islam, and spreading false information. The charges carry the death sentence in Egypt.

The case was largely symbolic since the seven men and one woman are outside of Egypt and unlikely to travel to the country to face the charges. The trial was seen as an attempt to absorb public anger over the film, which portrays the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud, womanizer and buffoon. [Nauzubillah, Suma Nauzubillah]

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...680_story.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
11-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Allah AKbar..
very happy to learn of this news today al7mdullilah!

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread) [5:33]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Innama jazao allatheena yuhariboona Allaha warasoolahu wayasAAawna fee alardi fasadan an yuqattaloo aw yusallaboo aw tuqattaAAa aydeehim waarjuluhum min khilafin aw yunfaw mina alardi thalika lahum khizyun fee alddunya walahum fee alakhirati AAathabun AAatheemun

Futuwwa
11-30-2012, 02:50 PM
I did not realize trolling was a capital offense under Islam ^o)

جوري
11-30-2012, 04:15 PM
libel, slander, defaming, inciting civil unrest, creating division and committing high treason is however!

best,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Independent
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
libel, slander, defaming, inciting civil unrest, creating division and committing high treason is however!
Er - I don't wish to alarm you, but couldn't the US have you up on the same charge...?

جوري
11-30-2012, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Independent
Er - I don't wish to alarm you, but couldn't the US have you up on the same charge...?
In what way? I haven't made a derogatory, defaming video of Jesus with the desire to instigate- cause panic and civil unrest nor have I hired actors under false pretenses, nor did I break my bond & conditions with the courts!
But of course I don't put anything past the U.S- I have already seen them drone little boys because they dislike what their fathers have to say!
---

best,

Endymion
11-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I wish they were inside Egypt i want to see them hanged :hmm:

جوري
11-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Believe it or not even some coptic elderly women attacked one of the film makers for the movie. I'll need to find that article but it actually pleased me to see it!

Endymion
11-30-2012, 05:54 PM
I have no doubt as no sane person can admire this piece of s*** produced by a psycho.

glo
11-30-2012, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
Believe it or not even some coptic elderly women attacked one of the film makers for the movie. I'll need to find that article but it actually pleased me to see it!
I'd like to see that video too. Nothing like old ladies with their handbags! :)
(On a more serious note, the Coptic population is probably having a difficult time because of the stupid actions of some Christians (Coptic or otherwise) - so no wonder it is in their interest to behave in ways which will ensure their peaceful existence!)

However, getting a slap is a long way from receiving the death sentence. :hmm:

جوري
11-30-2012, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
However, getting a slap is a long way from receiving the death sentence.
That's what treasonous folks get! So if they know what's good for them they won't step foot inside Egypt and hopefully they won't step foot outside of the American prison system as is!

best,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!