/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As Salaam Alaikum my question is there a Difference between the Jews and the Children

truthseeker63
11-29-2012, 08:25 AM
As Salaam Alaikum my question is there a Difference between the Jews and the Children ? If Jews are not Bani Israel why do Jews use the word or term Judea or Judah to call themselves Judea is or was one of 12 Tribes of Israel or said to be do they call themselves Jews an English Word meaning Judeans as a false identity are they lying ? Also why do Jews call their State in Palestine by the name Israel if they are not Bani Israel ? Also Abraham and his offsprng Jacob was chosen to follow God they were not chosen to be a superior race but to follow the Covenant is this correct I also read a book about the Khazar Empire which converted to Judaism as a nation.

Difference between the Jews and the Children of Israel

Question

Assalaam aleikum brethren in faith. Could you please clarify what is the difference of Allah swt mentioning bani Israel or jew (Yahudi) in the glorious Quran? And do we consider the jews and christians today as the people of the book? jazakumAllah

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger. The difference between the Children of Israel and the Jews is that the children of Israel are a race and not a religion whereas Judaism is a religion and not a race. The Children of Israel are attributed to Israel who is also Ya’coob (Jacob)

and Allaah called him as Ya’coob in many verses and he mentioned him as Israel once in Chapter Aal-Imraan; Allaah Says (what means): {All food was lawful to the Children of Israel except what Israel [i.e. Jacob] had made unlawful to himself before the Torah was revealed.”}[Quran 3:93] With regard to the second question, then the contemporary Jews and Christians are considered People of the Book as we have already clarified this in Fatwa 82067. Also, for more benefit, please refer to Fatwa 91581. Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=150579

A biblical covenant is a religious covenant that is described in the Bible. All Abrahamic religions consider biblical covenants important. Of these covenants, the Noahic Covenant is unique in applying to all humanity, while the other covenants are principally agreements made between God and the biblical Israelites and their proselytes. Jeremiah 31:30–33 also mentions "a new covenant" that God would establish with Israel and Judah.

Christians believe this new covenant to be the "replacement" or "final fulfilment" of the Old Covenant described in the Old Testament or as existing alongside it in dual covenant theology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_(biblical)

The Thirteenth Tribe
The Khazar Empire and its Heritage
By Arthur Koestler

http://198.62.75.1/www2/koestler/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!