/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you feed your pets pork products?

Darth Ultor
11-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Say you have a dog or a cat. Both are meat eaters. Are you allowed to feed them pork or any meat that is haraam for humans?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamiMessage
11-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Interesting question. Hopefully others will have more to say on this.

جوري
11-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I am not a Muslim scholar, but I WOULDN'T feed my pets something I wouldn't eat. Firstly I came from a world where folks fed their pets and/or strays from their own leftover foods they didn't buy specialized foods from the market. People can barely afford their own food to buy special pet food. Secondly every creature is born to worship Allah and fulfill their purpose so we don't tend to think of animals as Muslims or Jews they only submit to the will of God!

Allah swt knows best.. I am writing my opinion and not an edict!!!!!!!!!!

islamica
11-29-2012, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't out of health concerns. Pig is basically the trash can of nature, it eats anything and everything. It doesn't have skin pores to excrete toxins and is infested with tapeworms among other things. Religiously we are forbidden to eat it and looking at it medically we can see why. So looking at it medically, it would unwise to feed such an unhygienic meat to other animals. That's how you get disease like mad cow disease. In the east, you just feed them what you eat and they are content with it.

Islamically, It is permissible to feed dead meat to animals that are not eaten, such as dogs and cats, and that includes pork, which is dead meat in all cases, whether it is slaughtered or it died without being slaughtered.

more at http://islamqa.com/en/ref/102537

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crimsontide06
11-29-2012, 10:59 PM
do dog,cats...etc.. eat pork naturally in nature?? That is your answer.

btw...never feed your dog chocolate, it will kill it.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-30-2012, 04:52 AM
A typical house pet ie: cat or dog would not eat a pig even if they were raised in the wild.

so personally, I would not feed my pets pork.

- cOsMiC

sister herb
11-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Close wild relatives of domestic cats and dogs surely eats pork if they can hunt them, as well domestic dogs too. If not, whose are then natural enemies of porks (wild or not wild)? Someone eats them too.

From wikipedia:

Natural predators

Wild boar are a main food source for tigers in the regions where they coexist. Tigers typically follow boar groups, and pick them off one by one. Tigers have been noted to chase boars for longer distances than with other prey, though they will usually avoid tackling mature male boars. In many cases, boars have gored tigers to death in self-defense. In the Amur region, wild boars are one of the two most important prey species for the Siberian Tiger alongside the Manchurian Wapiti, with the two species collectively comprising roughly 80% of the prey selected by these tigers. Studies of Bengal Tigers indicate that boars are usually secondary in preference to various cervids and bovids. Boars are also probably an important component of the diet of Sumatran Tigers, though their specific significance in the tiger's diet there is not known.

Wolves are also major predators of boars in some areas. Wolves mostly feed on piglets, though adults have been recorded to be taken in Italy, the Iberian Peninsula, and Russia. Wolves rarely attack boars head on, preferring to tear at their perineum, causing loss of coordination and massive blood loss. In some areas of the former Soviet Union, a single wolf pack can consume an average of 50–80 wild boars annually. In areas of Italy where the two animals are sympatric, the extent to which boars are preyed upon by wolves has led to them developing more aggressive behaviour toward both wolves and domestic dogs.

Striped hyenas occasionally feed on boars, though it has been suggested that only hyenas from the three larger subspecies present in Northwest Africa, the Middle East, and India can successfully kill them.

Young piglets are important prey for several species, including large snakes, such as the reticulated python, large birds of prey, and various wild felids. In Australia many piglets are killed by dingos. Adults, due to their size, strength, and defensive aggression, are generally avoided as prey. However, they have been taken additionally by mature leopards; large bears (mainly brown bears); and mature crocodiles. All predators of boars are opportunistic and would take piglets given the opportunity. Where introduced outside of their natural range, boars may be at the top of the food chain, but it is possible that can taken by predators similar to those in their native Eurasia.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!