/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fasting is making me depressed!!!!

anonymous
12-01-2012, 12:05 PM
salaam

Just need help with my fasting

It really makes me depressed - im trying to make up the fasts for this year gone but i cant seem to do it
everytime i fast i think ive broken it - i read about how dust and steam can break your fast if inhaled delibratley and now this is all i think about - whenever i breath i think about the dust and steam and then feel i have inhaled it delibrately

I have fasted so many times and this week i kept four but only think one of them was ok.

i am fasting so many days and i only need to make up 10 and i should have finished ages ago but about 6 of them im doing again as i think i delebratley broke them

Fasting now is a struggle for me and very hard and depressing - i wish i didnt have to fast - i know thats a terrible thing to say but thats how it makes me feel -

what can i do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-01-2012, 02:04 PM
When you get an assaulting thought about the non-validity of your fast say A3ooth Billah Min Ash'ytaan ar'rajeem. It is the shytaan that is putting doubt in your heart whenever you're about to do an act to please your lord!

:w:

Periwinkle18
12-01-2012, 02:09 PM
No No dont think tht way fasting is amazing it protects u frm so many things.

Its shaitan making u feel tht way...

dont fast continuously, skip days in between inshaAllah tht mite help n pray to Allah alot

I love fasting its the most amazing thing ever

your just worrying too much , relax inshaAllah everythings going to b okay just pray to Allah to make it easy for u.

anonymous
12-01-2012, 06:57 PM
i do try to ignore but i cant help it - its very difficult -

i feel like im breathing dust and inhaling steam all the time - and therefore feel that im breaking the fasts all the time on purpose

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
12-01-2012, 07:04 PM
no please you should stop thinking like tht tell ur self its really easy n its the most amazing thing ever.

n ur not breathing dust or inhaling steam got it ur not breaking ur fast recite lots of quran do dhikr n inshaAllah u wont think abt dust n steam trust me.

its just shaitan thats all doesnt want u to do a good deed.

جوري
12-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't even agree that 'inahling steam or dust' invalidates fast. where did you come up with that?
It is easy to do- all you've to decide is that you control your body and also steer your way of thinking. You're not a slave to either so take control!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!