/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday hysteria sweeps across Russia

islamica
12-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Doomsday hysteria sweeps across Russia

December 1, 2012 – RUSSIA – Doomsday hysteria has gripped Russia and some of its neighbors. Travel agencies are selling tours to either heaven or hell and people are stocking up on food and fuel. Officials are publicly denying the apocalypse, hoping to calm the hype. Those awaiting Doomsday have three weeks to finish their preparations before the date of the much publicized apocalypse allegedly predicted by Mayan calendar, which is going to happen on December 21, 2012. Thousands of people across Russia keep stocking up their back rooms and balconies with food, fuel and other supplies they might need when disaster strikes. Some are even moving outside of cities because of the widely spread rumors that cities would be impossible to survive in after an apocalypse on Earth. According to one of the most popular scenarios, on December 21 the sun is going to line up with the center of our Milky Way galaxy which will cause an entire blackout on Earth and a wave of different natural disasters. Doomsday merchandize offered in Russia and Ukraine includes survival kits. In the Siberian city of Tomsk such items for “meeting the end of the world” include ID cards, notepads, canned fish, a bottle of vodka, rope, a piece of soap, among other items. The packages are said to be popular among customers, more than 1,000 kits have been already sold, the company says.

Ukrainian entrepreneurs also offer a version of a doomsday kit. Just like Tomsk package, the Ukrainian one also includes alcohol: champagne for ladies and vodka for gentlemen. The rest of the kit consist of jack-knife, two-minute noodles, shampoo, soap, rope, matches and condoms. An apocalypse kit is not the only way for the entrepreneurial minded to cash in on the end of the world hype. One Ukrainian enterprise is selling tours to heaven and hell for December 21 promising full return of money in case of “not getting to heaven or hell.” A trip to heaven would cost about $15, while trip to the underworld is more expensive at around $18. The agency explains difference in price by saying that Hell should be more fun. While Ukrainian trips are even said by the firm behind to be just for fun, some individuals in the Russian city of Nizhny Novgorod offered far more expensive doomsday fair – one being a salvation trip in an arc. An internet ad offered seats in the arc for just 80,000-150,000 rubles, which is approximately $2,600-5,000. Bars and nightclubs are getting ready for apocalypse day in their own way announcing theme parties and inventing special cocktails like “Total Recall” – an extremely alcoholic drink that makes you “recall your entire life.” But doomsday hysteria isn’t isolated to just the former soviet Republic. In France authorities had to ban access to a mountain that doomsday theorists believe will be the only safe spot during the apocalypse on December 21.

http://rt.com/news/mayan-doomsday-hysteria-998/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-03-2012, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
which is going to happen on December 21, 2012
December 21?

Few years ago many people believe that doomsday will come in December 12, 2012. But now they believe doomsday will come in December 21 after Indian people made announcement: "December 12 is not doomsday, but Rajinikanth birthday!"

Just visit Indian or Pakistani forum if you think I'm kidding with this "Indian announcement about December 12". :D

جوري
12-03-2012, 03:22 AM
I hate a triple tiered topee

ba51th
12-03-2012, 06:43 AM
oh yes, I ever discover a new religion, if I'm not mistaken, it's called "starseed", they believe that alien will come that day, and those alien will give them new power (kind of like evolution I think)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
12-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Those doomsday hysterics should remember this little "joke":

Dear World,

Please stop freaking out about 2012. Our calendar ends there because some Spanish idiots invaded our country and we got a little busy...

Sincerely, the Mayans

;D

glo
12-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Now I'm conflicted ... should I bother buying Christmas presents or not?

GuestFellow
12-03-2012, 11:13 PM
^ NO! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE PEOPLE, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH *hides under the table*

ardianto
12-04-2012, 01:42 AM
The 2012 Doomsday postponed into 3012.

The 2012 Doomsday organizers has announced this cancellation to Indonesian people through internet and cellphone message. Here the translation of this announcement

"Announced to all creature in the world that 2012 Doomsday is cancelled. There is a little technical error in the preparation. Heaven and hell are still under renovation to expand the area to accommodate the population density when the doomsday happen. Therefore, the doomsday postponed into 3012. Those who haven't married do not panic. All organizers deeply apologize for this cancellation. For your attention, we thank you."

2012 Doomsday caused panic among those who haven't married. It's because extramarital sex is unacceptable in Indonesian culture, those who want to feel this pleasure should get married legally. But as everyone know, not easy to getting married.

Now after the doomsday postponed into 3012, unmarried people have enough time to find someone and get married.

sister herb
12-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Salam alaykum

Have you seen any sings about apocalypse what should starts at 21st of December 2012?

Any news?

:D

Zombies on your house? Dinosaurs? Earthquakes or new vulcanos erupt in your backyard? Please keep us aware about apocalypse of the ancient Mayans whole day.

YusufNoor
12-20-2012, 11:19 PM
i went down to the Rez today. the cashier asked the guy in front of me about this. he was all grins as he asked.
why?
the date on the Mayan calender has long passed, like 3 years ago.
how come?
we CHANGED the calender AND we added leap days in Feb.
:p

GuestFellow
12-20-2012, 11:46 PM
^ it's the egg!!! It's not organic! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sister herb
12-20-2012, 11:56 PM
I just saw zombies and dinosaurs on my garden.

Also I got messages from the Planet XXYY: Run to the hills, we will safe you...

Seems this will become intersting day.

YusufNoor
12-20-2012, 11:58 PM
no fair!
where'd you get those smileys?

islamica
12-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Just don't venture out in crowded places, some body might want to go out with a bang.

sister herb
12-21-2012, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
no fair!
where'd you get those smileys?
I have good imagination. ;D

crimsontide06
12-21-2012, 12:02 AM
The zombies are gonna come out in full force tonight -hides under covers-

sister herb
12-21-2012, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamica
Just don't venture out in crowded places, some body might want to go out with a bang.
Yes good advice sister. Some people may really believe all this.

:phew

Poor those whose wake up at 22/12/12 and realise nothing happened.

:nervous:

sister herb
12-21-2012, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
The zombies are gonna come out in full force tonight -hides under covers-
I prefer hiding behind of the couch.

islamica
12-21-2012, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Poor those whose wake up at 22/12/12 and realise nothing happened.

:nervous:
well it's already 21st friday in australia and they seem to be still on the map.

Cabdullahi
12-21-2012, 12:13 AM
we should've all died in 2000 the last time the world was supposed to end, business as usual tomorrow insha'Allah unless you die and the world ends for you as an individual whilst laughing at those who say 'oh my god the world is going to end' cannot let that happen

sister herb
12-21-2012, 12:33 AM
I think my bed is the safest place to wait the doomsday here. Today I have some appointments anyway and they aren´t callended because of Mayans and they calender.

Maybe.

starescreensmiley 1?1292867681 -

Cabdullahi
12-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Maybe an 'emergency marriage' for bachelors can be set up before the world ends. Brother GuestFellow can opt in insha'Allah. I think he might die from bachelorism (its killing him slowly) before the world actually ends.

sister herb
12-21-2012, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cabdullahi
we should've all died in 2000 the last time the world was supposed to end, business as usual tomorrow insha'Allah unless you die and the world ends for you as an individual whilst laughing at those who say 'oh my god the world is going to end' cannot let that happen
Our ancestors should died already at the year 1000 by the Catholic priests (unfortunately most the the people hadn´t any idea about the calender day at this times) and several times after that.

ardianto
12-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Poor Lu Zhenghai. He spent much money to build ark, but apocalypse did not happen

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...#slide=1809236

GuestFellow
12-22-2012, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

Seems this will become intersting day.
I have seen many typos on doomsday.

THE WORLD SHALL END BUT NOT ON MOTHERS DAY!!! BWAHAHAHAHA...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!