/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Father

Hiraislam
12-03-2012, 05:24 AM
I lost my father on 16th of November. I was very sad but now I want to take some solid step that will help my father to be blessed with Allah's blessing. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Assalamu'alaikum.

Excuse me sis, do you mean your father passed away?

Periwinkle18
12-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Inna lillahe WA inna elayhe rajion may Allah forgive him and grant him jannah ameen

Recite dua e maghfirah will b a continuation of reward for him inshaAllah Allah will reward him Wen u pray for his forgiveness.

Periwinkle18
12-03-2012, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Assalamu'alaikum.

Excuse me sis, do you mean your father passed away?
I think.she meant he passed away.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-03-2012, 11:40 AM
inna lillah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon.. I am sorry to learn of his passing sis.. may Allah swt grant him Jannah and you and your family as'sabr wa silwan

ameen

Endymion
12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ileyhi rajioon sis.Im really sad to read that.Its indeed a great loss but remember that he is in a better place than us In sha Allah.Reciting Quran in his name and giving charity is the best you can do for him.It will reach him like a gift from you in sha Allah.

Muslim Woman
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
:sl:

Inna lillahe wa inna lillahe rajeun .

may Allah bless his soul . Sis , if ur father has not performed his Hajj , then u can do it after performing ur Hajj or someone else who has done his own Hajj can do it for ur late father .

may Allah accepts all ur good works and dua for him . Ameen

Bint-e-Adam
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
May Allah reward much from His blessings
إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون

ardianto
12-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon

May Allah grant him jannah and give sabr to your family.

Sis, always make du'a for your father after perform salah.

Signor
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

May Allah grants you patience and strength to bear this great loss,Aameen

The deeds that can benefit a person after his death are outlined in the following Sahih Ahadith:
Anas Bin Malik reports: Allah’s Apostle said, “When carried to his grave, a dead person is followed by three, two of which return (after his burial) and one remains with him: his relative, his property, and his deeds follow him; relatives and his property go back while his deeds remain with him.” [Sahih Bukhari - Volume 8, Book 76. Hadith 521]
Abu Huraira (RA) reported Allah’s Messenger (SAW) as saying: When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased). [Sahih Muslim - Book 13, Hadith 4005]
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (SAW)) as saying: He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who called (people) to error, he shall have to carry (the burden) of its sin, like those who committed it, without their sins being diminished in any respect. [Sahih Muslim - Book 34, Hadith 6470]

"When a man dies, his good deeds come to an end except three: ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge and righteous offspring who will pray for him." [Sahih Muslim: 3084]

Al-Nawawi [may Allah have mercy on him] said in Sharh Muslim:

"The scholars said: the meaning of this hadith (above) is that the deeds of the deceased come to an end when he dies, and the renewal of reward ceases for him, except in these three cases, because he is the cause of them: his offspring is counted among his earnings, as is the knowledge that he leaves behind through teaching or writing, and ongoing charity, i.e., a waqf (Islamic endowment)."

Derived from the above-mentioned sayings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) that a dead person can only benefit from the following, provided he died as a Muslim:

1. His/her deeds that he performed during his lifetime
  2. Sadaqa-e-Jaaria (continuing charity)
  3. If he disseminated the truth to people around him and therefore helped them to lead a better life in this world and in the Hereafter.
  4. If the deceased person’s children prays for forgiveness, provided the deceased did not die on Shirk.

UmmuShaheed
12-03-2012, 04:08 PM
May Allah grant him the hightest paradise.
Inshallah make dua
I know how hard it must of been. My fathers death was sudden..
And I recently lost my father as well. (Not Even a month ago)

Please make dua for him!

sister herb
12-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Salam alaykum

May Allah be mercy to him and grant him to the Jannah.

May Allah help you and your family at the moments of grief.

glo
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
So sorry to hear that. May he rest in God's eternal peace.

Ramadan90
12-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Inna lillahe wa inna lillahe rajeun.

I am so sorry for your loss sister. May Allah grant him highest level of Jannah.

islamica
12-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

may Allah forgive him from his sins and accept him in Jannah, ameen. may He also give you and your family sabr in this difficult time. ameen.

What is prescribed is to say du’aa’ for the deceased, and to give charity on his behalf, as Muslim (1631) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a man dies, all his good deeds come to an end except three: ongoing charity (sadaqah jaariyah), beneficial knowledge, or a righteous son who will pray for him.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Sharh Muslim: This indicates that the reward for du’aa’ will reach the deceased, as will that of charity. As for reading Qur’aan and giving the reward for that to the deceased, offering prayers on his behalf, etc, the view of al-Shaafa’i and the majority of scholars is that this does not reach the deceased

He wants to benefit his deceased father
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/12652
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/763

CosmicPathos
12-04-2012, 12:03 AM
sadness is a normal response at such a tragic event. please take time to come to terms with your grief. Could you tell us a bit more how he passed away?

may Allah swt forgive his sins. and may Allah swt give you the strength to move on in this chaotic and temporary life. We are also heading towards death, if not today then tomorrow. Same fate awaits us.

Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!