/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu Alaikum from the US

pinksapphire
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Assalamu Alaikum. I would like to introduce myself as Ceadam. I am a female convert to Islam. I converted from Catholicism in 2000, shortly after I met my Egyptian husband before we were married. Now 12 years later, I find myself teaching in an Islamic school. I hope to find answers to my many questions as a convert through this board. Thank you!:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
12-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Wa alaykum salam that is an amazing story!

sister herb
12-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Salam alaykum

welcome to forum sister.

Muslim Woman
12-04-2012, 01:47 AM
:wa:

Welcome to Islam .

Welcome to the forum sis :statisfie

U may share ur story in details with us if u want . We have a related thread in forum - Stories of Muslim Converts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
pinksapphire
12-05-2012, 03:50 AM
I hear the word revert used instead of convert on these boards. What is the difference?

Signor
12-05-2012, 04:13 AM
This is how a brother(named Abu Bakr) who reverted to Islam defined it:

Of reversion generally he stated: “I use the word revert because, I mean, everyone uses convert because that is just a Western ideal. You know (in the Western context) that you have converted to something. But when you look into Islam I guess you realise that the term Muslim just means it comes from Islam, Right? It is a statement of what you are. So Islam means to submit your will to God; to do what God asks you to do; whereas a Muslim is someone who is doing it. So if you are not doing what God has asked you, you are not a Muslim. So, in effect, Muslim is not a noun, it’s a doing word (a verb). Therefore, my tree in the backyard is doing what God asked it. The tree is Muslim to me, you know! It’s submitting its will to God. Everything has energy. So when you’re born, you’re Muslim, you know! ‘I’m hungry’ - you cry - that’s Islamic you know,” he says laughing. “You are acting in accordance with your nature, and it’s only when you get a little bit older, and people teach you stuff, that you go away from Islam because you take on someone else’s ideals. Then when you want to come back, you revert, because you were already Muslim when you were born.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!