/* */

PDA

View Full Version : marriage and parent

anonymous
12-04-2012, 03:46 AM
:sl:
i always have lot of issues with my family probably bcz they are more traditional and i am logical. currently they want me to marry girl of their choice but im refusing them bcz i have somewhat different criterion for life partner. i value religion and education and they focus more on outlook and caste. i dont want to disobey them as i know parents have much rights in islam but at same time i cant accept what they are choosing for me.
anyway i am now confused and disturbed whether Allah SWT will be unhappy with me if i refuse my parent. can someone explain how much parents have right in choosing bride for their son..
plzz reply what should i do.
JazakAllah O khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
12-04-2012, 08:34 AM
They have no right to impose a particular bride on you. You should make it clear to them from the start that you're not going to let them do that. I'd think beating around the bush and showing indecision would only drag out the process and make it harder for them.

Muslim Woman
12-04-2012, 09:26 AM
:wa:

tell them what kind of girl u are looking for . They can suggest u to meet someone for marriage purpose but surely can't force u . Also , if they have chosen a girl who is religious , then don't disagree just because parent selected her.

Also offer Istekhara before taking decision on marriage.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!