/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or...

Ramadan90
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
does the time pass by extremly fast? This is sickening. The weeks and months pass by so fast that it is so scary. I am the only one who feels this? :heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
12-07-2012, 10:59 AM
:sl:

Do you mean you feel the days are shorter now?, the nights come faster?

Bro, aren't you living in Sweden and now is winter in your place?.

sister herb
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Salam alaykum;

No, you are not the only one.

It is age, brother. As older you become, time feels to run faster and faster. Think how long it felt when you was five and then 15 years old. I feel it was just yesterday I was 36 and now I am 46... Age makes that feeling.

Ramadan90
12-07-2012, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Do you mean you feel the days are shorter now?, the nights come faster?

Bro, aren't you living in Sweden and now is winter in your place?.
LOL, no brother. I mean time pass by faster in general and yes, the days are much shorter here and there is A LOT of snow. Love it. ;P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadan90
12-07-2012, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum;

No, you are not the only one.

It is age, brother. As older you become, time feels to run faster and faster. Think how long it felt when you was five and then 15 years old. I feel it was just yesterday I was 36 and now I am 46... Age makes that feeling.
I agree with you. I am 21 now and time passes by WAAAAAY faster than 5-7 years ago. Why is that? I think it is because we are preoccupied with so much things that we forget about the time.

Periwinkle18
12-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Days r passing by pretty fast it is scary indeed

ardianto
12-07-2012, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
LOL, no brother. I mean time pass by faster in general and yes, the days are much shorter here and there is A LOT of snow. Love it. ;P
Oh, no! I was so affected by your avatar and the thread below

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ido-japan.html

sister herb
12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree with you. I am 21 now and time passes by WAAAAAY faster than 5-7 years ago. Why is that? I think it is because we are preoccupied with so much things that we forget about the time.
Nobody knows real answer to question as why. Here is one of the theories:

"When you're five years old, a year is one fifth of your life. That makes it seem like an impossibly long time, especially if you're five and have to wait until next year for something you really want.

In comparison, when you're 20, a year is only one twentieth of your life, and while the days don't exactly fly by yet, a year doesn't seem like the eternity it was at five.

By the time you're 50 and a year is only one fiftieth of the time you've experienced, a year whips by pretty quickly.

That's the main reason that time seems to go faster as we get older. Another factor is how we spend time. Children are incredibly focused in the now. They are totally present in moment, totally absorbed in whatever they're doing. As we get older and begin to do more and have more complex thought processes, we begin to perceive time a bit differently. Unfortunately, it's hard to quanitfy these kinds of perceptions, so it's hard to say how much this really impacts our perception of time as we get older."

sister herb
12-07-2012, 12:54 PM

A little off topic, but neither Sweden (or here in Finland) hasn´t THAT much snow - not even yet.

;D

Amat Allah
12-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Is it one of the signs of the hour that days will pass quickly and will become short?. http://islamqa.info/en/ref/34618

Innocent Soul
12-07-2012, 02:33 PM
^ Yeah! That's why I feel scary when I think about it.

Muwaahid
12-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Alee [radhiya Allahu anhu] said, irtahlatid-dunyaa mudbiratan wa irtahlatil akheerah muqbilatan wa likulli waahidatin minhumaa banoon fakunoo min abnaa'il akheerah wa laa takunoo min abnaa'id-dunyaa fa innal yaum amal wa laa hisaab wa ghaddan hisaab bi laa amal [collected by bukhaari] The Dunyaa is retreating [going backwards] and the life to come is swiftly approaching and both of them have children,! be oh muslims children of the life to come and DONOT BE CHILDREN OF THIS WORLD, BECAUSE TODAY IS ACTIONS WITH NO RECKONING BUT TOMORROW IS RECKONING WITH NO ACTIONS." So make your actions count today, time is flying by us quickly and most of us are heedless of it. May Allah put baraka in our time and cause us all to be aware of Him ! Allahumma Ameen

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes, days are passing pretty fast. I have been noticing it lately...

Scimitar
12-08-2012, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Is it one of the signs of the hour that days will pass quickly and will become short?. http://islamqa.info/en/ref/34618
makes sense,

When you die, it can be likened to your own day of judgement - or Qiyamah - so in that sense, the closer you are to death, the faster time will seem to fly. Plausible?

Scimi

little_pious
12-09-2012, 01:51 AM
because we live in cities and when we age time seems to go by fast

Ramadan90
12-09-2012, 04:32 PM

LOL! Sorry. ;D

Ramadan90
12-09-2012, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
A little off topic, but neither Sweden (or here in Finland) hasn´t THAT much snow - not even yet.

;D
Where do you live sister? LOL. Its full of snow here in Stockholm in Sweden as well as the whole country. I dont know about Finland though...

sister herb
12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Where do you live sister? LOL. Its full of snow here in Stockholm in Sweden as well as the whole country. I dont know about Finland though...
I saw from news about situation in there, but here still quite little on the ground.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!