/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when a muslim brother doesnt like you?

Ramadan90
12-07-2012, 12:22 PM
:sl:,

I have a feeling that a muslim brother doesnt like me that I have known now for like 2,5 years. I really dont care wether he likes me or not, but I am more concerned how to respond to it. I went to the friday prayer today and I waved at him out of kindness(this was before the sermon started and I was far away from him) while he was starring at me and didnt wave back. I knew before that he doesnt seem to like me. I just get the vibe that he doesnt like me which is fine with me, but how should I respond to it? Is it allowed to ignore him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
12-07-2012, 12:35 PM
if he doesnt like you then leave him alone?

i mean what sort of friendship would that be.

he may just not like your actions or manner of speech.

because they are bad or good.

because you are bad or good for him..

its a hilariously awkward situation.

ah hum.. anyway just say salaam next time you see him and he should at least acknowledge that.

there is no compulsion in religion.

Ramadan90
12-07-2012, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
if he doesnt like you then leave him alone?

i mean what sort of friendship would that be.

he may just not like your actions or manner of speech.

because they are bad or good.

because you are bad or good for him..

its a hilariously awkward situation.

ah hum.. anyway just say salaam next time you see him and he should at least acknowledge that.

there is no compulsion in religion.
I am not interested in having a friendship with him, but the least thing he could do is to respond my salaam which I guess is compulsory. I cant find any reason for why he dislike me. I have always been a smiling and nice person and I still am. Even if I have to fake smile and be nice to a person because that person doesnt like me, I do it because that is what is required from me according to Islam.

Pure Purple
12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
have a feeling that a muslim brother doesnt like me that I have known now for like 2,5 years. I really dont care wether he likes me or not, but I am more concerned how to respond to it. I went to the friday prayer today and I waved at him out of kindness(this was before the sermon started and I was far away from him) while he was starring at me and didnt wave back. I knew before that he doesnt seem to like me. I just get the vibe that he doesnt like me which is fine with me, but how should I respond to it? Is it allowed to ignore him?
Instead of thinking negative about him,Why don't you tell him directly why he is ignoring you,may be he has misunderstanding about you.:ia: it will clarify the things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amat Allah
12-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

Maybe he was staring at ya but his mind was in somewhere else busy with thinking of something...it happenes O my respected brother...

and no matter; what be always a loving person to whoever and never stop saying Salam to him(the greeting of Islam) for the prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained that this salaam spreads love and brotherhood saying:

“You will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you about something which, if you do it, you will love one another? Spread salaam amongst yourselves.”

Muslim (54), Ahmad (2/391), and al-Tirmidhi (2513) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him).

So, Allah knows; maybe someday you will find him coming your way with a smile on his face greeting ya.I think trying to get closer to him is better than having such feelings in the heart ( not liking you)... like going to him; greeting him with a big warm smile; shaking hands and asking him how is he doing and so on...you are a man and I am sure you have your own nice and beautiful way getting to that brother and dealing with him...

try your best and in let the pleasure of Allah be the goal of every single step you will take to feel good about your own fellow brother...

May Allah love you my noble brother and make all of His creation love ya always and the whole Ummah too Ameeeen

take care of your precious self...

leaving ya under Allah's sight, care and protection.

Humbly, your sister:Amat Allah.

M.I.A.
12-07-2012, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
I am not interested in having a friendship with him, but the least thing he could do is to respond my salaam which I guess is compulsory. I cant find any reason for why he dislike me. I have always been a smiling and nice person and I still am. Even if I have to fake smile and be nice to a person because that person doesnt like me, I do it because that is what is required from me according to Islam.
its an impressive answer.

why did you even post a thread?

im kidding but only just.

GuestFellow
12-08-2012, 03:49 PM
:wa:

To greet him is sufficient. If he does not return it, then that's his issue...

He may have been looking at something else or was probably not expecting it.

Someone said salaam to me and I did not even realise it until 10 minutes later.

Endymion
12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
May be all that is just your assumption,a negative assumption :hmm: which is forbidden in Islam as this divide hearts without any reason.

O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.
49:12

As Amat Allah explained above,there can be any reason behind his behavior and you,being a nice Muslim brother,should give him a favor.Try meeting him and talk randomly,do not ask him directly if he dislikes you and why.When you'll speak to him,you will know whether he likes you or not.If he dislikes you for something which is really not good,you'll have a chance to correct yourself.And if its really for no reason,just stop thinking about him,there are better things to ponder upon :statisfie

little_pious
12-09-2012, 01:44 AM
give 70 excuses before suspecting others inshaAllah. thats what muslims are supposed to do
inshaAllah ask him
this sounds like waswasa

Mr.President
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
you don't wanna be friends with him but you are worried he din reply !

just ignore him !

Ramadan90
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you for your replies. I just wanted to know how to behave from an islamic view. :)

Endymion
12-11-2012, 05:02 PM
So how did you deal the matter,im curious to know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!