/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The story of...

White Rose
12-07-2012, 07:40 PM
:sl:

You might have the read the story of Barsisa, the worshipper. He was a pious worshipper but shaytan led him astray. If you have not, here is the link, http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2009/10/3...he-worshipper/.

My question is how can we remain on the right path? Are there any specific duas which will help us fight shaytan. Does anyone have tips to identify when the shaytan is paving a path for us to sin and how to avoid sinning?

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
12-08-2012, 01:19 AM
:wa:

Prophet pbuh said something that means when u have doubt / confusion about something , then avoid it .

keep praying to Allah , ask His forgiveness as much as possible .
In sha Allah, we will be saved :)

Periwinkle18
12-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Yes i ve read it

Rabbana la tuzigh quloobana bada is hadaytana WA banwana miladunka rahma innaka antal wahaab. It's in the quran I don't remember the ayah Buh I recite this alot cuz shaitans always there.

Stay connected with the quran read alot listen to lectures hang out with ppl who u think r better than u in following deen learn from them. If u can't find such ppl then keep urself busy in reading things try memorising the quran if u think it's hard try 3 ayahs a day . Open the quran look at the ayahs recite them 3 times then close the quran n recite them 3 times then open the quran again look at the ayahs n recite the ayahs 3 times inshaAllah U'll memorise them.(thts the method they use here for kids to memorise the quran)

Wht Eva u do hold tight to the rope of Allah. InshaAllah

Hope this helps

Periwinkle18
12-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Surah al imran ayah 8

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
12-08-2012, 12:54 PM

(They say): "Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower."

White Rose
12-08-2012, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:wa:

Prophet pbuh said something that means when u have doubt / confusion about something , then avoid it .

keep praying to Allah , ask His forgiveness as much as possible .
In sha Allah, we will be saved :)
:jz: Although, thing is when shaytan tries to trick us, he makes the things we have doubt on seem okay. If something confuses me, how can I tell that confusion is leading us to sin. I mean, shaytan is going to take small steps so I might not even feel the confusion at first? I hope what I said made sense.

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Yes i ve read it

Rabbana la tuzigh quloobana bada is hadaytana WA banwana miladunka rahma innaka antal wahaab. It's in the quran I don't remember the ayah Buh I recite this alot cuz shaitans always there.

Stay connected with the quran read alot listen to lectures hang out with ppl who u think r better than u in following deen learn from them. If u can't find such ppl then keep urself busy in reading things try memorising the quran if u think it's hard try 3 ayahs a day . Open the quran look at the ayahs recite them 3 times then close the quran n recite them 3 times then open the quran again look at the ayahs n recite the ayahs 3 times inshaAllah U'll memorise them.(thts the method they use here for kids to memorise the quran)

Wht Eva u do hold tight to the rope of Allah. InshaAllah

Hope this helps
:jz: That was very helpful. I will take note of the ayah.

Muslim Woman
12-09-2012, 03:50 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by ارجمند
:jz: Although, thing is when shaytan tries to trick us, he makes the things we have doubt on seem okay. If something confuses me, how can I tell that confusion is leading us to sin. I mean, shaytan is going to take small steps so I might not even feel the confusion at first? I hope what I said made sense.

“Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt.”

This hadith illustrates a very important general principle that can be applied in all aspects of one’s life - avoid doubtful matters.

If we only carry out acts that we are certain are permissible then our hearts will be free from doubt. The one who gets involved in doubtful matters on the other hand, will never find their heart to be completely at ease. If the true believer finds that something troubles their heart and makes it doubt, then they should avoid that matter.

This hadith is especially important in these times when people highlights differences amongst the scholars, and espouse different opinions. There are many new and complex things such as business practices, that may have some good and some bad in them.

Even if they have not been discussed by the scholars yet, people will still voice an opinion about them. How can we save ourselves from all this confusion? How can we know which path to follow that will lead us away from confusion towards Allah’s pleasure? For this, we need to turn to this hadith of the Prophet (s).
The key to true piety and peace of mind, is to avoid all doubtful matters.

If a person truly applies this hadith they should, Allah willing, find psychological well-being and inner peace.

http://honeyfortheheart.wordpress.co...kes-you-doubt/

White Rose
12-09-2012, 04:26 AM
:jz: for the explanation.

slaveofAllah88
12-09-2012, 04:58 AM

well there is this very beautiful dua

اللهُمَّ أَرِنَا الحَقَّ حَقّاً وَارْزُقْنَا التِبَاعَةَ وَأَرِنَا البَاطِلَ بَاطِلاً وَارْزُقْنَا

اجْتِنَابَهُ، بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ.

Allahumma arinal-haqqa haqqan warzuqnat-tiba'ah, wa arinal-batila batilan warzuqnaj-tinabah, bi rahmatika ya arhamar-rahimeen.

O Allah! Let us see the good as good, and bless us with following it. And show us the falsehood as falsehood, and bless us with staying away from it, with Your mercy, O Most Merciful!

and contemplate on how important right path is that we ask Allah (swt) for it in every salah. Mufti Ismeal menk was explaining surah fatiha and the hadith qudsi relating to surah fatiha which goes as

“Allah (mighty and sublime be He), had said: ‘I have divided prayer between Myself and My servant into two halves, and My servant shall have what he has asked for. When the servant says: ‘Al-hamdu lillahi rabbi l-alamin’ (3), Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: ‘My servant has praised Me.’ And when he says: ‘Ar-rahmani r-rahim’ (4), Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: ‘My servant has extolled Me,’ and when he says: ‘Maliki yawmi d-din’ (5), Allah says: ‘My servant has glorified Me’ - and on one occasion He said: ‘My servant has submitted to My power.’ And when he says: ‘Iyyaka na budu wa iyyaka nasta in’ (6), He says: ‘This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.’ And when he says: ‘Ihdina s-sirata l- mustaqim, siratal ladhina an amta alayhim ghayril-maghdubi alayhim wa la d-dallin’ (7), He says: ‘This is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.’”
( i cant post the link but its hadith qudsi -8 as showed on hadithqudi.sacredhadith dot com website )

looking at the bold part, Sheikh was explaining, that look Allah (swt) says 'my servant shall have he has asked for', so what is the most important thing for us, we say it at that time, and if there was anything more important we would have said it, but what do we say 'Guide us to the straight path '

So SubhanAllah how important is guidance, you should realize that, so in every salah we are asking for it now the thing is you have to act on what you are asking, so seek knowledge, learn quran, learn sunnah learn islam so you can be guided, and constantly ask Allah (swt) for guidance, and mashAllah other members have posted some beautiful things above me

Say, "Are those who know equal to those who do not know?" Only they will remember [who are] people of understanding. - Surah az-zumar 39: 9

may Allah (swt) make us among those people who are the knowledgeable one and whos knowledge benefit them, make us the ones on the straight path accept our good deeds and forgive our sins and short comings - ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!