/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why are most non-muslims so ignorant and arrogant?

User_23338
12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
this is a not a offensive thread in anyway, im just asking a simple question and i want to hear from a lot of you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AdsUk
12-08-2012, 06:35 PM
In my experience I have found that many of the Muslim people that I have met have been ignorant and arrogant, though I have met some very lovely down to earth muslims too. I wouldn't suggest non-muslims are any more ignorant and arrogant than muslims.

Endymion
12-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Its up to your experience.Both type of people are found every where,in every religion and culture.To me,anyone who is away from Islam,is ignorant and there are plenty of Muslims who are unaware of the deeyn and following bidah which is also ignorance.

According to Quran,the most arrogant in non Muslims are Jews and the most affectionate are Christians.

You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers [to be] the Jews and those who associate others with Allah ; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant.
5:82.

Are you surrounded by Jews ^o)

GuestFellow
12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I think we are all ignorant about certain topics.

You need to be careful not to generalise.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Depends on the person and can apply to any one of us. Don't forget to look in the mirror.

MissK
12-08-2012, 07:51 PM
By saying most "non-muslims" you're referring to most of the world. To refrain from sounding ignorant oneself and to (more than likely) be more accurate, the questions should be, "why are most people of all religions so ignorant?"

I find that most people don't spend nearly as much time learning about others as they do learning about their own religion, culture, identity, etc. This just breeds more ignorance. In addition, I know that this doesn't apply to all Arabs or all Arab Muslims, but living now in an Arab country, the most arrogant "know it all" people I have met have been Arab Muslims (born and raised in Arab countries). However, the devout Christians I know in the states come in a very close second. All we can do is try to engage in healthy conversations, teach, and learn as much as we can so as to not also fall into the trap of ignorance or arrogance.

MartyrX
12-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I would say most people whether Muslims or non-Muslims can be ignorant and arrogant.

~Zaria~
12-08-2012, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MrKhan89
this is a not a offensive thread in anyway, im just asking a simple question and i want to hear from a lot of you
Assalamu-alaikum,

Brother, if we were to change the title of this thread to: 'why are most muslims so ignorant and arrogant'? - how do you think the muslim members on this forum (and guests) would feel and react? How would YOU feel?
Would you take kindly to such a statement that is based on nothing but generalisation and assumptions?

Then why should a non-muslim feel any differently?
(Mentioning 'that this is not a offensive thread' thereafter, does not lessen the negativity of your initial question).

If you are referring to the ignorance of the kuffaar to the Oneness of Allah.......or to their 'arrogance' in terms of rejecting His existence, His messengers and His Books, then surely there are better ways of raising this point.

As muslims we should take pride in living our lives in the manner of the most perfect of creations, Muhammed (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) - not just in terms of our ibaadat, but also our interactions with others.

Did our prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) ever use insulting words when referring to the kuffaar, despite the incredible hardships that they subjected him to?

If we too, could remember his blessed manners when interacting with others, then insha Allah, people would be entering Islam in their droves.

Unfortunately, as muslims, we forget this....and we tend to spend more time pointing fingers at others, and less time reflecting on our own flaws.....

Remember: 'Be hard on yourself. Easy on others' (Imam as-ShafiƩe).

:wa:

CosmicPathos
12-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I think most humans (muslims, kaafirs, atheists) in general are ignorant. Now, you'll shun me from human civilization? :p

User_23338
12-09-2012, 04:35 AM
why did Allah make most people ignorant? why can't Allah make most of the dirty ignorant kaffirs into smart good muslims for once? Did he purposely put them in a position to stay ignorant and not think for themselves? i don't mean to sound racist, but most of the white people i have seen and met are mostly ignorant and they don't have a clue about islam. Is Allah going to put them straight to hell just because they didn't know about islam? Did Allah expect them to look into islam?

slaveofAllah88
12-09-2012, 04:43 AM
:sl:

SubhanAllah im reminded of this saying idk which scholar said it thou it went something like this

Human being is the only creature which is capable of being better than an angel or worse than an animal. If it follows its desire its like an animal not caring just running after desires and if it obeys the will of Allah (swt), it can be like angels.

Wallahu alam i cant remember it fully

Tyrion
12-09-2012, 05:34 AM
why did Allah make most people ignorant? why can't Allah make most of the dirty ignorant kaffirs into smart good muslims for once? Did he purposely put them in a position to stay ignorant and not think for themselves? i don't mean to sound racist, but most of the white people i have seen and met are mostly ignorant and they don't have a clue about islam. Is Allah going to put them straight to hell just because they didn't know about islam? Did Allah expect them to look into islam?
I can't figure out if you're being serious, or just trying to troll us...

IslamiMessage
12-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Well, ignorance can be overcome by education and by providing evidences, but when it comes to arrogance - it is harder to combat. And when you put the two together, it essentially becomes impossible to defeat. Furthermore, I think almost everyone is ignorant in one way or another. The ones who is ignorant may not know about it, or their arrogance takes the better of them, and not make them realize the truth.

Logikon
12-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Why are most non-muslims so ignorant and arrogant?
Please provide one example of each so it can be discussed.

Grace Seeker
12-22-2012, 09:06 AM
What was that opening question again? A question about why OTHER people were ignorant and arrogant. I wonder if it could have anything to do with the sort of lens one sees them through?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!