/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Imam and the Bus Driver

~Zaria~
12-08-2012, 09:18 PM
The Imam and the Bus Driver

Several years ago an Imam moved to London, United Kingdom. He often took the bus from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the same bus. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a twenty pence ('tuppence') too much change.

As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, you better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it. Then he thought, "Oh,forget it, it's only a tuppence. Who would worry about this little amount?Anyway the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from Almighty Allah (swt) and keep quiet."

When his stop came, the Imam paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the twenty pence back to the driver and said, "Here, you gave me too much change". The driver with a smile, replied,"Aren't you the new Imam in this area? I have been thinking lately about going to worship at your Mosque. I just wanted to see what you would do, if I gave you too much change."

When the Imam stepped off the bus, his knees became weak and soft, he had to grab the nearest light pole and held on for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried: "Oh Allah, I almost sold Islam for twenty pence!"

Brothers and Sisters:

We may never see the impact our actions have on people. Sometimes we are the only knowledge of Qu'ran someone will read, or the only Islam someone will see.

We can't settle for our sins and think that since we have been defiled by our sins, we cannot be a model for Islamic life.Quite the contrary. We are all on the same level in one aspect, as human beings. We are ALL sinners and need forgiveness.

However, the big difference is that one is saved by belief, that belief of the UNSEEN; that belief that Almighty Allah is watching one. This code of conduct which teaches one morals, etiquettes and values so that we as Human Beings may respect and honour one another.

Be careful and be honest everyday, because you never know who is watching. But, Remember Allah Ta'ala is watching.

MAY ALLAH ALMIGHTY HELP US IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE, Ameen.

Source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!