/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jewish/Qidiani/Rafidi Quran on androids and Iphones pls pay attention

جوري
12-09-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.islammemo.cc/akhbar/arab/...09/159928.html

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
12-09-2012, 02:53 PM
^ link is not working....

جوري
12-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Perhaps others can let me know if it isn't working or them as well- when I click on it, the page opens fine!

GuestFellow
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
My computer won't allow me to visit that site...

Strange. Oh well, I don't have a smartphone. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
can you see it now?

Aprender
12-09-2012, 05:30 PM
The link worked from me and from what I got from the translator was that there were devious translations of the Quran that people were downloading onto the iPhone and Android smart phones?

جوري
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
there were devious translations of the Quran that people were downloading onto the iPhone and Android smart phones?
Yes I have posted a pic of those apps as well. Hopefully folks can be careful especially if Arabic isn't their mother tongue.. al7mduillah that Allah :swt: has saved the noble book in our hearts so we're always able to find out who intends us harm!

Aprender
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh yes. I noticed that when I was on the iTunes bookstore before I converted to Islam. I was looking for a good translation to read online but a lot of the translations that were popping up on the front page for me were bad ones. I could tell from reading the translator bios. One of them was written by some guy who translates bibles and other holy books into his own words. Alhamdulillah at least there even Muslims posted comments condemning it. I just gave up and went to the masjid to get a hard copy to read.

I wonder, at least, since Apple is serious about security and the types of things it allows in its stores, it should respect that only approved/verified translations of holy books be allowed for download? Not any and everything from crackpots? I mean, they don't allow just any apps to be in the store for security reasons and they should at least not allow just any translations of holy books to pop up in their stores either. And if not, provide a disclaimer before download.

جوري
12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
They not care and if they did then such rules don't apply to anything Islamic - that's a definite go zone!

White Rose
12-09-2012, 08:59 PM
:jz:. Sorry if it is redundant but can you make a list of names that are authentic?

جوري
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I couldn't keep up with all that's out there but I personally use Quran tafsir app as it meets with all my needs

GuestFellow
12-09-2012, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
can you see it now?

:sl:

I can see it now...it's strange. Now my browser (opera) is warning me that the link contains a virus. Anyway, thanks for sharing this.

I never knew there were fake/incorrect translations of the Qu'ran... o_o

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!